Home General Discussion

Better Call Saul

Replies

• Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Great season, excited for more!
    Honestly, I was a bit underwhelmed by the finale compared to the last few eps. I, too, was expecting the 'Saul Goodman' name change to at least be hinted at. It was still really good though. I guess at this point it's kind of disappointing to know where this character goes. I've really gone to like the Jimmy character, and I wish the show were 'Breaking Good' where a formerly slimey conman becomes an actual altruistic good lawyer. I hope we get to see where his post-cinnabon life goes eventually.
  • slipsius
    Im not using spoiler tags. If you`re in this thread without seeing the finale, it's your own damn fault.

Ya, I thought the finale was good, but underwhelming end. I was hoping for more of a cliffhanger, like he shows up at the door of the criminal he got out of jail earlier in the season. or ya, him looking up at a construction crew putting up the saul goodman sign or something like that. just saying ya, i wont do the right thing anymore, and driving off, was a bit meh.

Over all, the show is a lot slower than breaking bad, but I do think it's pretty on par in terms of quality, especially if you compare it to the first season of breaking bad. BB had a very small following the first season. it was almost cancelled. People liked it, but it wasnt blowing anyone away. It wasnt till later seasons that everyone praised it in all it's glory.

Still one of my favs on tv right now though. overall i really enjoyed the first season.
  • Deathstick
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    I enjoyed the episode, although I agree it didn't really feel like a season finale. I guess they want to put off the whole "let's end a season with two passenger planes crashing into each other in midair, causing hell to rain down upon walt's house" type stuff :)

It'll be interesting to see how they take it from con artist trying to be a good lawyer, to sleezebag lawyer that brings up the idea of having Badger shanked when he was busted. I'm also curious to see if his brother and his friend Kim are still technically around/living/in contact with Jimmy by the time of Breaking Bad.
  • Clos3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Clos3d polycounter lvl 17
    I really liked the finally. It made sense to finish the 1st season like that.

Gotta wait a whole year now.... it definetly sucks.

Now is gonna get real serious:D