Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Andrea Orioli // 3D artist

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
motenai polycounter lvl 18
Hi guys, just posting to show my new portfolio, i'm curious to know your opinions and your critiques.

www.andrea-orioli.com

Replies

• cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    awesome portfolio!

but I gotta tell you, I hate those greyed out roll-over thumbs. Full color love my eyes please.

Also want another angle of the bluespawn godslayer. That front pose is awkward cause can't really see the head or body. It's like we walked in on him in naked and he'd embarrassed.
  • Clark Coots
    Offline / Send Message
    Clark Coots polycounter lvl 12
    nice portfolio Andrea! love all of your hard surface stuff, the texturing is very good.
  • Junkie_XL
    Offline / Send Message
    Junkie_XL polycounter lvl 14
    Your Protoss skin texture looks cool. I wish I could see it on the model without the wires.

Personally I would ditch the snowmobile. And maybe the mechanical arm. Not nuts for the texture on it, or maybe the render is just bad. If in a hurry then show the high-poly only. Or render the low poly better. All of your vehicles look great. I would render the rail cannon differently as well. I think I see awesomeness in that piece but it is hard to tell with the blown out render

Previous poster said that the gray roll-overs bother him. They just need to be a bit brighter IMO. Website does the job well. Isn't annoying and gets art in your face. I'm still trying to decide what is the most optimal layout for getting everything in someones face all at once. I'm not sure if your site accomplishes that last part. HR people are such douche's and rush through filtering out candidates so fast. Your site is fine for anyone that isn't a douche and takes the time to look.

Awesome portfolio man. I really need to start working on a new portfolio myself. Got some ideas in my head. Just so burnt out in the evenings after doing this stuff full-time now.
  • Anthy9986
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthy9986 polycounter lvl 7
    Very nice stuff. What would the website look if it was centered instead of left justified?
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Back from holidays...thanks for all your comments and critiques guys, i appreciate them very much.
    As soon as i have some spare time i'll put hand to it again, and maybe i'll set the Character page as default, to "throw art in people's face" more like junkie xl said :D
    About the centered layout, it was my original idea, and that's how the site actually started, but due to my lack of knowledge of HTML and some unknown tecnical problems i had, in the end i decided to go for the left version and after a bit i actually liked it more than the centered :)

P.S. Junkie xl if you wanna see the protoss without wireframe, i think you can find some screenshot in the wip thread HERE