Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Docktor Bob

Hello PolyCount!

This is Fobozo, my first character sculpt in zBrush, who I decided to use as a test when trying out Marmoset. He's an ageing supervillian, who lives in an underpass below a busy main road with his only friend, Backchat, a stray cat he found abandoned on the hard shoulder near his home.

Fobozo (full name: Facetious Obnoxious Bozoh) is the last son of distinguished supervillain father Sarcasticus Insidious Bozoh III and mother Bellitla Priss. Much to his parents chagrin, Fobozo's attempts at wreaking havoc on the unsuspecting city almost always fail. His ill-fated plans include the hi-jacking of a lightbulb factory to break all the bulbs (by shaking them vigorously or dropping the boxes). In this Fobozo hopes to "plunge the city into a night-time world of perpetual darkness and shadowy terror", but all that happens is the city-folk revert to candlelight and are impressed with how beautiful everything looks in the warm, flickering glow. Fobozo retreats to his dingy lair and laments in thespian woe to Backchat, who pays very little attention.

All Fobozo wants is to be installed in his father's pride, and to reflect the crippling misery he feels back on the world that has treated him so cruelly.

Hope you like him!

Rob

Replies

• docktorbob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey PolyCounters,

This is my latest character, Calliope Marchand, a betrayed pirate cap'n lass, turned into a deadly mer-creature by Poseidon, god of the sea. Would love to know what you think, if you'd like to see concept sketches / further bio, please head to my website!

Cal_1UpRobSmith.jpg

CalliopeMarchand_byRobertSmith_truecolours.jpg

CalliopeMarchand_byRobertSmith_humancamo.jpg

Thanks guys!

Rob