Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Timosaki

Timosaki
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Timosaki polycounter lvl 5
Hello and welcome to my digital sketchbook! My name is Tim Bengtsson and I'm a Game-Artist student at PlaygroundSquad, which is located in Sweden. Here I will post some of my schoolwork and some of my free-time work. Hope you enjoy and don't forget to give feedback!

LATEST POST: FMkvux0.jpg

Replies

• Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is some of the work I have done for a game called Lonely Goblin. Me and 7 others made the game on our first game project at PlaygroundSquad.
    Sorry for only posting the final models on this one. On upcoming projects i will try posting some under development models.
    Feel free to give feedback!

5ce8.jpg

l6vu.jpg
  • Twoflower
    Hey man! Always fun with seeing more game art students from different swedish schools posting here on polycount! I would recommend you too embed the images so we that visit your sketchbook more easily can see the images in a bigger resolution! :)
  • Hannah
    I really like the cute styles of these models! I wasn't sold on the flowers (they seem to lack the shading and charm of your other models) but I adore the rocks and crystals. The logo is really neat too. Looking forward to seeing more!
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the tip Twoflower!

Sorry for being unclear, but I haven't done the logo. I've made everything else on the pictures though. I put the logo there only to show you what game i have been working on. Thank you Hannah for the feedback on the flowers! I really appreciate it :D
    I will post a screenshot ingame soon. Maybe even a video when i play the game!
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    I did this chest-piece during a sculpting exercise at school. Our objective was to first create a basemesh and then finishing it off in a sculpting program. I started by sculpting a muscular man, when I felt that the anatomy was right I defined where the rocks were to be placed. After that I added the initial details so the rocks would actually look like rocks. For this I used the flatten-brush a lot. For the cracks I used dam standard and an alpha. If I get some spare time I would like to add some depth to the cracks between the rocks. This is basically the first serious sculpt I have made so feel free to give feedback. PS. The rocks on the top of the chest is NOT its head. Its just a really large neck :)
    j7jw.png
    7yw7.png
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    This work was also a part of a school assignment. I knew I wanted to make something influenced by Blade Runner since I LOVE the atmosphere in that movie. So I decided to make Deckards car which I've worked on for the past two weeks now. There are still lots of things I would like to change/add if I get time for it in the future. The only thing I didn't have time to do at all was the windows. Feel free to give critique!

n6c2.png
    uzuc.png
    yffl.png
    06a9.png
  • osed
    Offline / Send Message
    osed polycounter lvl 4
    nice models man, I like your work!
    It would be nice with some reference pics on the original blade runner car :)
    and the green backgound color in marmorset do blend with the car a litle bit, maybe change the value/ color a bit ? :)
  • jannica.bengtsson
    Nice to see what you have done! Really like the car and the stone man!!! Amazing to see your fantasy world.
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    A little fan-art of the awesome minions from Despicable Me :) It was done during a lowpoly exercise at school where the objective was to create a character with 1000 tris, 256*256 textures, no texture filtering and only 1-bit alpha.

5SVHTzz.png
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    I have always been a huge fan of hand-painted textures but never tried to make some myself. So this time I figured I would hand-paint everything. I tried to make my own version of Elwynn Forest from World of Warcraft. It has been one of the most difficult but also fun things I have done here at Playgroundsquad. Since I haven't done anything hand-painted since I was a kid I had no idea of how long this would take to finish. But here it is after two weeks work. :)
    I think you will see a lot more Blizzard inspired environments on my sketchbook in the future since I really enjoy working with it.

cwzndZj.png
    AxT0dcy.png
    25ASVeF.png
    cBrsDT3.png
  • jannica.bengtsson
    :thumbup:
    Timosaki wrote: »
    A little fan-art of the awesome minions from Despicable Me :) It was done during a lowpoly exercise at school where the objective was to create a character with 1000 tris, 256*256 textures, no texture filtering and only 1-bit alpha.

5SVHTzz.png
  • jannica.bengtsson
  • Twoflower
    Cool stuff! keep it up :)
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    For the last nine weeks me and 6 other students have been working on a game as part of a school-course. The game is called "Elsie and Elmer". Its a 2.5D game for the Playstation Vita. Its a puzzle game where you play as two characters simultaneously. Each character has its own skills and controls so you have to figure out what character to use and where. I'll post a play-through of the game soon.

I have been the lead artist on the project. So apart of creating some of the graphics in the game, I also took part of the game-design and did all the time-planning for the artists.

Here are some of the stuff I have done-

This is the main character of the game (Elsie). Ive modeled, UV-mapped, textured, skinned and rigged It all by my self. The animations (which you will see in the playthrough of the game) are mostly done by me but some of them are done by an other group-member.
    F5LS6pl.png

Adv7S7W.png

xWdeDAw.png
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    Back from a long summer vacation. I've just recently started my own portfolio website. It's very much work in progress but feel free to check it out! http://timbengtsson.carbonmade.com/
    I made this Sci-Fi module as a worm-up. Might fix it so that I can use it as a portfolio-piece.
    U61FDqV.jpg
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's an old Coka Cola machine I've been working on :) This is the first time texturing with Quixel Suite for me. I'm not entirely sure about the red albedo, spec and gloss though. Leave a comment on what you think below if you'd like to!

y7qLJBd.jpg
    TOT8Sgw.jpg
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    This is some environment/vegetation I'm working on for a game project.
    Keep in mind that it's WIP. I'll post the final product when it's done!
    FMkvux0.jpg
    KqJC4Wf.jpg
    29Vz9UC.jpg
    o9E1IL2.jpg
  • Timosaki
    Offline / Send Message
    Created this mine for a school-project called Crimson Dust. It took me about 1.5 days to complete.

0hVEjOf.jpg

dKzsRKy.jpg