Home Unreal Engine

Anyone have tips for setting up renders in UE4?

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Rooster128 polycounter lvl 8
Anyone have tips for setting up renders in UE4? Any tips or tricks, anything I need to turn on?

I've had mixed luck with using a post process volume and two spotlights against a grey curtain, but I want to know what you fellas use for ideas. Thanks! :)

Replies

• Rooster128
    Offline / Send Message
    Rooster128 polycounter lvl 8
    The best looking stuff I've gotten so far is by using dynamic lights with a curtain, and post process effects. Problem though- is it just me, or does rendering using this "High Resolution" setting produce a lot of gradient banding?

ChemicalSprayer9.jpg

Also still pixelated a bit even after turning on anti-aliasing. I'm wondering what you guys think. Is this too dark? Is the rim light possibly pixelating my edges too much? I ask, because I'm hoping to use the same setup for new renders for my website- I want them to look dashing. This isn't cutting it for me.
  • ZacD
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    In 4.5 there is an Artist Template Map when you create a new project with the starter content. It comes with a cube map and a color checker in the scene.

If you want to do something more architecture visualization, try just putting it in the free Koopa scene from the market place.