Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Call for Content! Community Bonus Pack 3, volume 5

ambershee
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ambershee polycounter lvl 17
Hi guys!

For those of you that don't know, Unreal Tournament 3 will be on it's fifth anniversary in November this year. To celebrate, the Community Bonus Pack guys have gotten together to release another volume of content.

At present we have around 10 levels in progress, in various states of completeness - assuming they all get completed this would be our largest release yet. What we'd like however is to get evne more awesome into the game.

If you've got any artwork that's complete, or nearly complete that you would like to see in UT3 in a high profile release that'll garner thousands of downloads (CBP volumes are nearing 1/2 million downloads to date!), then do let me know.

You can get more info here:
http://cbp.beyondunreal.com/

Or watch the trailer for volume 3 here:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yoWdRlHVUw"]Unreal Tournament 3 - Community Bonus Pack 3 Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Stuff we're most interested in - note that we can't use copyrighted designs:
Modular Environment Sets
Competed Environments
Characters
Weapons
Vehicles

Hope to hear from you!

Luke

Replies

• Computron
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    Awesome work.

I never owned UT3, is that zone capture effect custom made by you guys?
    lgPQd.jpg
    How is something like that made?
  • ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    The video only shows 1/4 of the awesome the guys have pumped out for UT3 :)

The effect is done by working out the distance of the pixel from a central radius point in world space. If you know that, you can define a mask that is effectively a spherical radius. UDK actually has a node for this now, I believe, but back then it was all worked out "the hard way". Bioshock Infinite uses the same technique (for the world warping effect), as does Fable: The Journey, for something else.
  • Computron
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
    Cool. Maybe I'll pick up UT3 over the Steam Sale. I was kinda bummed out after getting Nexuiz and seeing empty lobbies.

Is UT3's version of UDK very different from what we got today?
  • ambershee
    Offline / Send Message
    It's now five years old, so there are some differences - but fundamentally it's the same. UT3 lacks lightmass and landscape, and has a lot of material nodes missing, as an example.