Home Contests & Challenges Archives

DWIII - 3D - Hell Yea ! - Untitled

Poly-Jon
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Poly-Jon polycounter lvl 13
Hi ya .. been hanging around this site for a wile thought it was time i got off my ass n did something to contribute smile.gif
another Number on the side of polycount smile.gif
Been relay looking forward to this DWIII so am just warming my spot will post as soon as i slap a few pixels together smile.gif

See you on the battle field smile.gif

Replies

• Belltann
    Offline / Send Message
    Belltann polycounter lvl 17
    Ey, im this close |--| of slapping your ass all the way to Sweden. so hurry up and show the puplic your stuff. Pronto! mad.gif

Glad your here and Welcome. wink.gif
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    K i have had a wee play nothing final .. just pushing around ideas relay .. see what ya think ...

did some quick silhouette's ..
    Siloetts2.jpg

then a little play with elements
    Elements.jpg

then played with this one a little ..
    Water_01.jpg

in side is like a kinda angry fat baby with a magic cube lol .. uses the magic cube to control the water.
    i can see years of therapy spilling from this ..
    i dont realy know yet it`s just ideas dont even havea kewl story an so menny people are raceing ahead lol
    need to pull my finger out ...

a few people i have spoken to like the water one ..
    but apart from making it i reckon it will be a very technically challenging one too ..

need to play about more .. got lot`s of ideas i need to get out of my head .. rather then just picking the 1st ..
    altho not too much time free at the mo ..

peoples work look amazing already guy`s keep it up right to the finnish line ..
  • jaalto
    Offline / Send Message
    jaalto polycounter lvl 13
    [ QUOTE ]
    in side is like a kinda angry fat baby with a magic cube lol .. uses the magic cube to control the water.
    i can see years of therapy spilling from this ..

[/ QUOTE ]

I love the idea laugh.gif
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    It might be like harnising the frustration we all had with rubix cubes ?
  • Belltann
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea some nice ones in the box allready. Do you have a closeup on the baby-buddah?
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    i dig the 4th silhouette from the left...and mr. water baby. if you could pull that off, it would be pretty sweet...
  • Irreal
    Offline / Send Message
    Irreal polycounter lvl 10
    Looking good dude! Will be keeping an eye on this one. That waters gonna be haaard to pull off though.
  • Jeremy Wright
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    Waterbaby is a killer idea. How one models water, I don't know.
  • Spark
    Offline / Send Message
    Spark polycounter lvl 18
    Looking great Hell, on the first sheet I really dig the 4th guy in, great silhouette. As for the baby in the water, I really like that one as well ( I am incorperating demon babies in my guy also ) though not sure how easily water will be to make look right, but looking forward to what you come up with.

Spark
  • I_luv_Pixels
    Offline / Send Message
    I_luv_Pixels polycounter lvl 17
    the 4th from the left is really your strongest one.
  • HntrLuc
    Offline / Send Message
    HntrLuc polycounter lvl 18
    Really cool silhouettes! keeping my eyes on this one
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Isn't there someone else doing a small figure inside a figure composed of water? I'm sure there was one mentioned somewhere in the hundreds of threads here.

EDIT: Keg's entry.
    http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php...;gonew=1#UNREAD
  • greenj2
    #1,3 and 4 look sweet to me.

Although the shape of #2 also interests me. I imagine the neck-looking bit to actually be the head and the headpiece to be some sort of ornate helmet...
  • Abe_hokage
    HEY!looking good man! the 4th one is really cool, and obviously the baby is a cool idea!...
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Hay guy`s i have been away n had a play ..
    altho i diddent think the water baby would get as good a responce .. might re-look in to that 1 ..

Any way ...

I was playing with another idea ...

the idea is .. ( forgive my spelling am dyslexic ) ..

a deamon is trying to take advantage of this mis use of power itams .. and sees it fitting to hunt and kill unicorns for thair horns driveing them in to his self thus useing thair powers for him self .. prob telaportation or such like .. altho i was thinking of giving his actions concquence .. as he uses the powers etc he startes to get trates of the unicorn eventualy his mis use will enevatably turn him in to a unicorn .. it`s just a idea needs alot of fleshing out ...

any way heres a ruff concept altho am not happy as it`s nothing origonal frown.gif .. obvoiusly wasent feelong too creative lol .. artist`s block ? smile.gif ..

so here`s the concept ..

Deamon_Small.jpg

I also had a play with the head shape last night in zeddy .. just to see what i wanna do with it .

Head_test.jpg

I will sit down n play with kinda morphing him in to a unicorn etc .. hopefuly that will bring more origonalaty to the idea ..

As for the water baby .. here`s my thoughts on it
    most of the detail would prob fall on the baby .. an it`s such a small part of the over all concept / final render .
    as the water would prob have to be mostley transparent
    i would hope to get away with the water look from normal maps and spec maps with a mostley transparent diffuse map with the water drawn at where the water would flow and enevertley splash out .. but as i recon the devels in the detail i dont think thair would be much detail so see with a still pic .. a 360 render would show the highlights running over the water serface etc thus seeing the detail .
    so for that reasion i may move on from it for a pureley technacal point of view .. but who know ,... laugh.gif

Thanks again for all the comments guys .. i diddent think my little thumbnails would ever make a ripple in the ocen of talent here wink.gif
  • Slipstream
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    Geezus! That's a helluva style you've got there!
  • Jeremy Wright
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
    No offense, but I would ditch anything having to do with unicorns. your story is a little to close to the Legend movie,

Dude, that inverted pic at the end is where you need to push this thing. Some kind of anti-matter/negative-zone effect. I'm loving that head sculpt.
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Hay guys lovein the work going around here .. some truley awsome work ..

Slipstream : Cheers dude nice PUN also .. cheesey but i like it

Jackblade : Dude i diddent know kewl for pointing it out will devo have a chat n see how they are intending to solve the same probs .. altho i dont think i will use the water baby idea ..

Spark : ta man yea am not sure where the initial baby came from it kinda developed from a blob in photoshop ..:D

8ftspider : to be honest dude i kinda agree with you .. very politacly put i must say .. i would of said my story was gay lol ... laugh.gif
    ANYWAY .. i realy liked ya antimatter/ negative idea so if you dont mind am gonna play with that idea .. so heres where it took me ....

Ta for all the comments on the silouetts too guys they were just play at dinner .. n No4 is my fave too .. but it looks a bit to cyber / space marine for this comp ..

well the comps nailing it past me for my likeing .. too menny people already on the ball .. meanwile my ball is still a cube ..
    so i realy been scribbleing away an i think i am finaly makeing head way .. any way .. heres the where am at ..

New_dude_01.jpg

see what you peeps think smile.gif
    i realy need to get a idea in the bag so i can develope it am already a week behind every one already lol ..
  • vahl
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    haha.. soo cool
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    spent a bit of time playing with colour n shapes n what things would be .. here my play ...
    Ruff_Colour.jpg

think i wanna give him a hood / cape so make him more of a dark shadows type of character .. ?
    maybe a bow n arrow type wepon too
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok today i have a little more time to do summet with this idea .. si i have done a basic mesh ..
    Basic_wire.jpg

and have played a little in zbrush ..
    Basic_zed.jpg

this is far from final but am getting a better idea of what it will look like ..
  • Levus
    Offline / Send Message
    Levus polycounter lvl 11
    The last one is nice, cool coloring, i like it.
    I like the 3,4 and 5 from this picture:
    Siloetts2.jpg
  • pestibug
    Offline / Send Message
    pestibug polycounter lvl 18
    Hell yea, I say this concept is win, I love the elements, you combined, horse mouth, Lizardry body and god knows what else will find its way in there.

But... I would have a look again at how you sculpted the mouth, too 'me' it seems to far off from the concept. More the classic 'bare, protruding, exposed peeled away, demon teeth dealie', than the interesting form you have in the concept.

I think the concept is marvelous, but will be deceptive in execution. While the shapes seem rather simple, the wickedness will be in the proportions and details.

I peel an eye away and keep it pasted on this thread. Good luck and have fun laugh.gif
  • Belltann
    Offline / Send Message
    Go-gi-giri! Looking neat mon. Maby some quick thumbs of the new desing would be nice. Just to get more flesh on the bones.

Keep em comin. smile.gif
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers peeps am still very much just defineing this concept playing with shapes n ideas ..

pestibug : Cheers for your comments yea the mouth on the model was very quick play of shapes and i never had the inner mouth to place at the time was gonna work it a bit to see how it folded / recoiled so its far fom a final would of tweeked to fit the mouth .. when the time comes but the base allows a 3d play as some times i find it awquard visualiseing it smile.gif

Bellitann : i am still very much in the concept stage so thair will be more odds n sods popping up here .. to be honest the only thing am quite pleased with is its weapon lol .. i realy need to pull my finger out and as most hare just polishing thair design and am still looking for mine times ticking away smile.gif

any way heres a little up date ..

zeddy model .. ( prob wont go any further with this .. )
    update.jpg

its by far not my best work lol but it is a wip
    think the heads a bit sucky but if i got it right all the time it would be less fun smile.gif

so then i did a little more concewpt work .. looking at the fuller fugure .. still very ruff an i dont know how to dress the figure .. just working on the psycal base of the creature .. may even give it a tail .. lol still lots to exsplore .. altho not much time to do so ..

Doodle_01.jpg

and a look at the feet ..
    Legs.jpg

Cheers for all the comments gotta say thairs a fantasicley high standard of entries on here .. as a forum ..
    we got winning in the bag lol wink.gif
    awsome work every one laugh.gif
  • Neox
    Online / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    haha that horseface is creepy, hope you'll give the teeth the needed depth and form, so it looks really horse..ish
  • pestibug
    Offline / Send Message
    I suspect lots of mr. Ed pictures appearing in someone's ref folder wink.gif

Love where you're taking this, horse/camel of doomz!
  • stalsby
    Looking good! Keep it up!
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    had another little play, wondered what it would be like to combine horse of doom and buddha water baby ideas. came up with this
    Waterhorsse.jpg

little unsure on how to dress, what style & where to take this so all comments would be very helpful. cheers for the comments guys! now to salvage a bit of social life for the weekend smile.gif
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    ok 1 more doodle couldent help haveing a play .. still not sure where to go with this ..

Doodle_02.jpg
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    underwater concept is groovy!
  • pestibug
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice, strange how well that aquatic theme fits him. You're making it hard to choose!

Not so sure about the trout tendrils if you go for aqua theme. I like the neckguard and headwear (minus horns) for the underwater version. (makes me think of one of them old divingsuits)
  • gabkosit
    Offline / Send Message
    gabkosit polycounter lvl 12
    Horse man looks very unigue I never seen such thing. Good job!
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheers guys ..
    am realy trying to find summet origonal .. but thats SO hard frown.gif
    obviousley not creative enough yet frown.gif
    dont think ill go for the aquatic just wanted to see if it would work .. ill just have to keep plodding along ..
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    ok i have been at it again ...
    this time i was looking at the shapes n forms of dung beetles .. so came up with this dude ..
    comments pls guys .. am currentley drowning in concept hell lol ..

beetle_worrior.jpg
  • vahl
    Offline / Send Message
    vahl polycounter lvl 18
    yeah aquatic definitely works
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    ok last up date for the nt .. am off to bed .. smile.gif

beetle_worrior2.jpg
  • cMac
    Hi!
    I prefer previous character. But in this one I like the head and the back shield. The rest of the body could have more humanoid’s proportion.
  • rollin
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    i like the new one more smile.gif (even if i don´t like these eye-brows-horns)
  • pestibug
    Offline / Send Message
    oh dear,oh dear, what's going on here hell yea? No, no I'm not in favor of this beetle thingy guy. I say go back to the previous concept, so much more interesting and original.

With the 'horse guy' you truly have the chance to create a unique character that stands on its own in the crowd. It's appealing to the eye, it looks like something that has a background and history already without even a story to go with it!

No, bugdude is way too generic for me (besides everyone and his granny is doing either over the top beastly armored guys, or... insectdudes.
  • FAT_CAP
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    Yep - I echo what Pesti said - the crab/ insect dude is much less interesting than the horse dude at the top - the colours, pose and whole mood of the concept are excellent.
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok Cheers guys ..
    I guess the Horse looking dude it is then ..
    Time to pull my finger out smile.gif
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok i finaly got a little time to play .. this is where am at ..
    Head_Body.jpg
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    and further work on the head ..
    Need to make the mouth bigger and maybe a more defined shape .. ill keep pushing the polys till am happy ..
    ( wich could be forever frown.gif )
    Head_Further.jpg
  • pestibug
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah! Good to see you went with the horse dude smile.gif of course too early days to say much about it, but so far its a nice start and I have to say I am VERY curious how it will turn out.

So, have fun sculpting! laugh.gif
  • Jaco
    Offline / Send Message
    Jaco polycounter lvl 17
    Good start on the sculpting, looking good.
  • kakikukeko
    Offline / Send Message
    kakikukeko polycounter lvl 17
    on your concepts the eyes are not like this; they are turned a bit more to the front.. so from the front view , you should be able to see them more..and that would make the face more interesting imo..
    (also try to think about effective muscles underneath.. not just lines.. i'm seeing alot of shapes going nowhere.. but nothing to really hold the corners of the mouth.. or to make the jaw open.. ) looks good overall tho wink.gif
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    Little update ..
    Head_Update2.jpg
    Decided i don't like the shell type things on his head .. at least at this point ..
    I have moved the eye`s so they can see more from the front
    and worked on the mouth
    but still need to work loads more on it ..
    ah well keep plodding on ..
  • Poly-Jon
    Offline / Send Message
    ok another progress report ..

Next_Step.jpg
    just fleshin it out ..
    need to concept whats gong on at the back ..