Home Artists Looking For Work

Experienced Animator, Rigger, and Art Manager available for new projects.

Xopher
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Xopher polycounter lvl 4
My name is Chris Johnson, and I am an experienced professional games animator with 16 years (or so) of experience working on games of various genres, on a wide array of platforms. For the past three years I have worked as freelance animator as well as an art manager/producer on a variety of titles.

In my career I have worked providing character and other asset animation on games ranging from AAA to mobile development, on everything from the original XBox and PS2, to XBox360, PS3, Wii, PC, and Android and iOS. Some of the various games I have worked on have run the gamut from Survival Horror, to sports, to fighting games, and several others, ranging from light children's fare to hardcore FPS games.

I've also worked as a consultant and an art manager working with both internal and external/offsite art teams for a variety of clients, providing animation and art needs estimates, production schedules and cost estimates, documentation for production needs, pitch documentation, and have even dabbled in systems and AI design and implementation (this was more design and non-technical implementation however, I am admittedly not a hotshot programmer). I have also provided research and development work for prototyping games, systems, etc.

Most recently I worked directly with Unity itself in providing animation and some feedback for some demo work they were needing for the evangelist group and support for Unity 5 development, as well as working with some hardware vendors for demos of the capabilities of new processors, etc.

For animation, I work primarily with Maya and Motionbuilder (doing both keyframe and motion capture work), and have also worked with 3DS Max and Lightwave, as well as skeletal-based 2d programs such as Anime Studio.

I am currently available for various projects on a contract basis, or for the right group, would be willing to discuss working for a going concern on a fulltime basis.

For those wishing to look at a CV, my LinkedIn profile is available at http://www.linkedin.com/in/ccjohnson. Also, my game animation reel is below and available at Vimeo (https://vimeo.com/84538802), where you will find the breakdown sheet of work performed per shot shown.

[vv]84538802[/vv]

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to talking soon; feel free to contact either through a PM here or through the email listed at the end of the demo reel.
---CJ

Replies