Hello there, I believe this is my first time posting here possibly? I think this is where I'm supposed to post my thread
So yeah please give me feedback on my work that would be much appreciated. I'll go sleep for now.
Copypasta from youtube follows:
I'm a big fan of the series Blame! by Nihei Tsutomu and made this scene in UDK inspired by it to an extent. Currently I'm just going to start my third year in uni where I learn 3D and gamedesign in Sweden( www.hgo.se
As for this video there are a few things I couldn't get as I wanted them in the scene, they are quite noticable (No, I don't count the bad art or camera track etc :d)
- There are some lightmap artifacts in the first corridor
- The light shafts don't render as I imagine they should, create some real weird effects.
- In the 'garbabe shaft' the doors create non-realistic shadows
- I tried to create the illusion of close to infinite height but you can see that the level actually ends up there somewhere.
If you're into UDK you can probably tell I have followed tutorials for some parts such as the water but I can't remember everyone I learnt from. Creds to those guys anyway
Estimated time spent so far: 40-60 hours
- 3DS Max
- Adobe Photoshop
- Headus UV Layout
- Adobe Premiere
- Not software, but a Wacom Bamboo tablet
I might upload another video at some point if I fix the ugliest parts but for now I'll leave it. If you have any feedback please tell me, I'd be glad to hear your tips or opinions. I'm going to bed now, hopefully I didn't miss anything