Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    I gave them some DA messages. I suppose if several complaints are made the guy will just be shut down.
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Nice, let's hope this one gets shut down for good.

While I highly doubt Valve would ever add anything from that guy, it's more than time to this kind of people suffer some backlash for their blatant fraudulent behavior.

And of course, in the current state-of-mess the Workshop has turned into, the last thing we need is precious space filled with stolen art.
  • Sukotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    A lot of the International designs contain stolen art like promo art/loading screens put on posters with the full roster to kinda hide the stolen stuff. Though it seems like enough is getting reported to ease my mind
  • agito666
    most of them stole from a famous shirt printing website that allow artist submit their work there, Redbubble.com , there used to be biggest dota2 fanart prints collection there, but removed last time before this TI event...then we can see those farkers stole from there and put it in valve. so far i spotted 2 there.

here is the list i made before
    http://agito666.tumblr.com/post/82365876913/art-thief
  • Automedic
    Rubus wrote: »
    Speaking of t-shirts, is anyone receiving a spam from a 'Chlo
  • cottonwings
    even so, no art thief can make it through approval, since Valve requested for full resolution of the illustration/design :) Blurry, stretched out artwork in 72 dpi? OUT.
  • Nemozini
    even so, no art thief can make it through approval, since Valve requested for full resolution of the illustration/design :) Blurry, stretched out artwork in 72 dpi? OUT.

But if the artwork is simple, more like vector art. Wouldn't interpolation algorithms be able to make it look as good at 300 dpi?
  • agito666
    Nemozini wrote: »
    But if the artwork is simple, more like vector art. Wouldn't interpolation algorithms be able to make it look as good at 300 dpi?

if he trace (or re-trace) it into vector then that one will be a headache case.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Im trying to report as much submitions as i can but aparentlly its getting worse with time.

There is also a lot of guys trying to act as middle man, submitting other guys works and talking with them later. Looks obivous for use that this middle man is not necessary but for someone new to the workshop the trap could work, so as much as we hunt down those guys the better
  • vikk0
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys! Since I'm doing Dota 2 Workshop for a long time, I kinda miss to sculpt random things (specially characters), and my anatomy was getting pretty weak. So, I did a quick (and fancy) sculpt yesterday to keep things fresh, and to celebrate the easter holiday. Well, happy easter to those who are still eating chocolate :D

usA0XGR.jpg?1

Here is the turn around, so you can shoot at me:
    Z6gDjbP.jpg?1

And another update on DR set. Need to polish the cape, but the back is pretty much done. Please let me know what you think :)

8ic28.png
  • Chemical Alia
    Offline / Send Message
    Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah, there's soo much stolen art. Whenever I get a spam link from that Chloe person (or the other accounts linking to the same stuff), I blocked communication so they can't advertise on my page further.

SPEAKING OF ADVERTISING ❤
    poster_preview_by_chemicalalia-d7fgh1t.jpg

ns_preview_by_chemicalalia-d7fgh21.png

ishul_shog_watches_by_chemicalalia-d7fed6i.png

fDvsIMu.png

eS4Wp8D.png

pczsKPp.png

I never get to do straight up 2d art these days, so that was super fun. SORRY ABOUT THE GIGANTIC IMAGES.

Also, is anyone having trouble uploading their source psds to the merchandise workshop? I keep getting an error that says "branding image must be under 2MB" in the menu where you upload your psd. And when I tried to upload a temp jpg/png, it told me that "only jpg, png and gif allowed".

I ended up having to save a small flattened image with some text that says IMPORTER DOESN'T WORK, PLACEHOLDER just to get through the submission process. I was gonna post about this on the dotadev forums, but I'm wondering if happened to anyone else as well.
  • Nemozini
    Did you put everything in one PSD file, what was the total size?
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    @Alia, Really nice artwork, I think that retro look is amazing.

Here's an update on the Elder weapon, it's almost finished.
    Also some progress on a hoody design for my bloodstone blades, because they are still not ingame :p Well only for me :D

Hcd2MJI.jpg

mdL9Zw4.jpg
  • cottonwings
    @Chemical Alia: I adore your 2D drawings a lot, please make more of these if there's free time !!

@Andy: Well for that hoodie, I don't see girls have a problem with tha- :X
  • agito666
    10270792_842462969103227_3089563850635361508_n.jpg

QOP shirt deisgn for TI sketch, put here to let people check in case got anything wrong on anatomy then i can change it before finalize since i quite weak in those XD
    * also hair flow XD
  • Nemozini
    Edit: reworked submission.
  • Chemical Alia
    Offline / Send Message
    Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
    Nemozini wrote: »
    Did you put everything in one PSD file, what was the total size?

Each submission has its own PSD. They said it needs to be unflattened and 300 dpi, so it's basically GIGANTOR.

Edit: I flattened a bunch of layers, added a text disclaimer that I have full layer source available, and after getting the filesize under 100 MB, it works. I think there's a secret arbitrary limit of 200 MB. Which sounds huge, but when you're dealing with those sizes, not really that crazy v:
  • hopgood
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    Crosspost of the work in progress of my Puck set. Masks on the head slot need to be adjusted to be more in line with the values of the default Puck head. Playing around with the rigging to get something nice with the wing set up I have here.

pzLdHOz.gif
  • agito666
    i normally compiled all text only into 1 layer, well like the animated gif...whole psd file only got 5 layers XD
  • bladeshot
    Offline / Send Message
    bladeshot polycounter lvl 5
    10270792_842462969103227_3089563850635361508_n.jpg

QOP shirt deisgn for TI sketch, put here to let people check in case got anything wrong on anatomy then i can change it before finalize since i quite weak in those XD
    * also hair flow XD
    Is this Darth Vader on dagger's handle? :D
  • darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    Just some general 3ds max troubleshooting I'm having an issue with while trying to do some bakes: anyone know what to do if you place a light in the viewport and nothing appears? It still casts light onto my objects but the little diamond node thing(that the transform gizmo sits on) that should appear isn't appearing! So when I click off of the light I can never select it again because it's apparently invisible(though still casting light)... Anyone know what the issue here is?

Edit: I'm talking about these things -
    kw1TxLj.jpg
  • Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus wrote: »
    Speaking of t-shirts, is anyone receiving a spam from a 'Chlo
  • Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    @darkkyo

Well, sometimes I accidentally hit the hotkey for gizmo (still don't know what it is) and have to go into preferences to turn gizmos on again.
    That's probably not it but...

You should also be able to select the light from the item list.
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Baddcog wrote: »
    @darkkyo

Well, sometimes I accidentally hit the hotkey for gizmo (still don't know what it is) and have to go into preferences to turn gizmos on again.
    That's probably not it but...

You should also be able to select the light from the item list.

I believe x is the hotkey you are looking for
  • Tamarin
    Offline / Send Message
    Tamarin polycounter lvl 17
    I need some help.

I am working on Tidehunter and can import an SMD - but I need the names of the flex shapes that are normally in the fbx. Can someone point me in the right direction?
  • darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    I very much appreciate the help guys but the gizmo itself isn't the problem. It appears just fine. It's the little diamond-shaped light node itself that's not present.
    Cp7Lx7X.jpg
    (the gizmo is resting on an invisible light source here)
    See, the gizmo is hiding and reappearing just fine.. It's that little graphical representation of the light that is gone. I can never select the light again once its de-selected.
  • Soldeus
    Offline / Send Message
    Soldeus polycounter lvl 10
    Are you sure you're not creating the light into a Hidden Layer?(If you have the layer active, anything you create will belong to that layer automatically, so, if's the layer is hidden or frozen, anything will be hidden/frozen.)
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    Soldeus wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not creating the light into a Hidden Layer?(If you have the layer active, anything you create will belong to that layer automatically, so, if's the layer is hidden or frozen, anything will be hidden/frozen.)

:thumbup: do this all the time. Also make sure you do not have lights and helpers unchecked in the display menu
  • darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    You guys are awesome. Thank you!!! What a silly mistake....
  • agito666
    bladeshot wrote: »
    Is this Darth Vader on dagger's handle? :D

may the dark force be with you :poly124:
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    @Cottonwings: Haha never thought about woman wearing something like that, but I think it would be funny :) The Text on the back is part of it, but f you only read the front it would look weird I admit.

Almost done with the elder titan weapon, so here's a gif.
    Need to say Marmoset is awesome, even the detail map works :D

819SG2W.gif
  • Charge
    Offline / Send Message
    Charge polycounter lvl 3
    Hi.

His name is Kardel Sharpeye. He live deep in the mountains of Knollen. He is a sniper, and so much skilled that his shot opened dark prophecy.

For somebody it is a profession, for somebody it is a hobby. It is called Jaeger. It is about hunt and survival in the wild.
    Here is my Jaeger of the Knollen Loading screen, Set and Ability icons for Sniper.

6_zps61928d9e.jpg

7_2_zps04cecc08.jpg

11_1_zps9302ca4a.jpg

8_zps9df5f661.jpg

To make this stuff successful, I sticked to the all of Valve's guidelines and bio. I want it stand out, be unique, but belong to the Dota.

Kardel have that red jacked so I had to stick with red and similiar colors. Then I remember that fox have red-like fur. So his arms, his shoulder got upholstered with that red fur. Back is 3/4 red. And Head have reds.

First I though to make head glasses like panoramic ones. But then I got association with robocop. And that diving mask. Then I looked to his own glasses and decided to make my own with touch of engineering. And mounted that crosshair which is about his stock distance, take aim and assassinate skills. Also on head is leather bandana and earring on the left ear.

To me, Kardel is funny. Maybe a bit exaggerated. Thats why I made gun with exaggerated flash suppressor. And I think it's funny. xD

Well, there is more stuff to write, and with goal to not write a poem but show art, I stop. :)

If you would like to see in-game screenshots and such, like it, love it and comment it, here is link to the Set on Steam and to the Loading screen.

Thanks for watching and best regards!
  • marul
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    Hi guys. I need some info about transparency. Does anyone know how Death Prophet's ghosts' materials work? I've read somewhere we could only use black or white for transparency yet ghosts with many other props (like waterfalls etc) use 8 bit alphas (or something) for transparency. How is this possible and can I use that for a random item? (in this case, belt slot for warlock)

Edit: Ok, I found out that the ghost didn't use the proper "alpha" for transparency but faking it by using self illumination. Still, some guidance with adding/modifying transparency of objects from the people who have tried would be nice.
  • CiDDi
  • agito666
    I saw few of the artists here post the male heroes pillow design in workshop, is that troll or you guys really doing it into BL kingdom? :P
  • Hawt Koffee
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    Oh they're serious about those body pillows
    Why wouldn't they be?
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    Why wouldn't they be?

What happens at pajama stays at pajama party...
  • BladeofEvilsBane
    Why wouldn't they be?

Yeah, it's kind of creepy how serious they are about them. The one who did Skywrath Mage especially gives me bad vibes.
  • cottonwings
    omg iknorite blades, dat topless kunkka was atroooooooocious. srsly liek wat are they trying to achieve idk man
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Wasn't aware of what was happening until checking it, they're actually making accounts with your names and all.

I think you should contact Valve directly, this is serious.
  • FAT_CAP
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    I finally got everything together for my Baba Yaga ward...it was a looooooong slog. I was hoping this was going to be done much faster but loads of problems cropped up along the way - glad to see it finished!

Check it out here...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252552713

Images%5CSamChester_BabaYagaWard_BannerFlattened.jpg

it's also part of the Baba Yaga set, along with Chemical Alia and DrySocket's amazing Babka Baba Yaga courier - you can see the full set here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=252560853

Collection_Banner_small.jpg
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Cheesus! That's great! I'm Russian and I love it!
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP wrote: »
    I finally got everything together for my Baba Yaga ward...it was a looooooong slog. I was hoping this was going to be done much faster but loads of problems cropped up along the way - glad to see it finished!

Check it out here...

it's also part of the Baba Yaga set, along with Chemical Alia and DrySocket's amazing Babka Baba Yaga courier - you can see the full set here:

Turned out great! Goes super well with the courier. Great job on all the things!
  • darkartsofneko
    I decided to rework the first Dota set I ever submitted, using all my new found skills. I have the highpoly in ZBrush all done, and need to start working on the lowpoly version. Before I do that, any thoughts or suggestions on things that don't look right? I'm pretty happy with how it is, but I'm always open to improvement.
  • Dan Allardyce
    I'm having a bit of trouble with my first imports into the engine. Everything looks all fine and dandy in Maya, all the bones are skinned and bound to joints (hair to hair0, arms to arm1, torso to spine0 and belt to spine0), but when I export them out and bring them in they end up on the ground, in what would be X facing upwards, and not animating.

1QUSsKt.png

Is there something wrong with my export settings? Everything I've read said default settings, and that's what I did. Is there something I forgot? Is it not exporting the skin weights or the bone binds? I just read something about 'input connections' being turned on, would that be the case? Do I need to change the up axis to Z instead of Y?
  • Hawt Koffee
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    I decided to rework the first Dota set I ever submitted, using all my new found skills. I have the highpoly in ZBrush all done, and need to start working on the lowpoly version. Before I do that, any thoughts or suggestions on things that don't look right? I'm pretty happy with how it is, but I'm always open to improvement.

af_p5_zps049e401c.png

Try setting your matcap to default grey or something other than red wax,red wax is an awful material for showing off the sculpt as it doesn't give you the best display of your sculpt detail. No idea why it's the default.
  • TheIceHeLater
    Offline / Send Message
    TheIceHeLater polygon
    Hi guys! Awesome stuff here!

I recently started working on my first item for the workshop and sure could use some advice.
    Here are some pictures from in-game and one rendered in marmoset. It's an axe made of bones for Axe.

Critique and advice are very welcome!

WIP1.png
  • FAT_CAP
    Offline / Send Message
    FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
    @ Nikey & kite212 - thanks for the positive feedback guys - means a lot :)
  • Tamarin
    Offline / Send Message
    Tamarin polycounter lvl 17
    So... I am trying to get cloth to work and I am running into a few issues. I can't find much resource online - so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

I have cloth "working" in terms of being able to load it into HLMV but the result is not what I am looking for. All of the bone chains, or "columns" (as they are called) hang completely vertical and resulting motion is horizontal. This is great for a cape, but I would like a vertical motion for my current project. I tried to match Tidehunters fish as close as possible - even copying bone rotations and roll angles - but still not getting it. I also find the .cloth file doesn't seem to do much (other than describe the # of columns and rows) - if I change any value from 1-1000 it has no effect. I thought I could change gravity from -1 in Z direction to -1 in Y to get a horizontal chain - but no luck.

Tvidotto got me interested in this and he seems to have it working well (at least in test). You can check out his Orca in the monthly contest.

As a side question, has anyone had success with "jiggle bones"

***edit***

made some progress... The .cloth file is working now (turns out I'm just slow learner)- what a fun thing to play with.
    Does anyone know if gravity is local or world space? I would like to use local so that the horizontal effect is not changed by the direction the character is facing. It would also be cool to specify the gravity for each column - just throwing that out there to whoever might be able to include something like that.

IMTF0TK.gif
  • EtotheRic
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    FAT_CAP wrote: »

Check it out here...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=252552713

Haha, that looks great! I like that death animation.