Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Maybe this is way too off for this thread but, look like the merchant of death is inbound o_0

https://vine.co/v/MeDDA30D2U3

You know what today is yea?
  • quockhanhlk
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    well it's already the 2nd of april for me xD
  • Danglebob
    Offline / Send Message
    Danglebob polycounter lvl 15
    i guess im going to keep spamming this abaddon stuff until i actually model it.
    Abbadon_Concept03_zps8372e57d.jpg
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Wow thank you all, so many opinions. Nice!

@BladeofEvilsBane I am aware of a little hair problem but here take a look. Sadly PA don't have proper texture on her head, so even when I lengthen the hair part that was not "sideburn" it will not cover up the brown flat color :/ This shape was more of a necessity.
    YbDcwZh.jpg

@Andrew Yes I was also fun of red elements, but there was so many negative opinions on red that we have doped it completely. Violet could work also however I can see all those comments "looks like TA"

@Frump Yes her ponytail did not came out as I had imagine it. It was supposed to be cut straight like horse tail but now it looks like a balloon. I need to remove some specular from the end and make it darker that will help I hope. Also yeah good point with Cape pattern will also work on this.

@Artypi @Belkun Thanks! I am super happy you guys like it :)
    @Vlad @agito trolololo :D
  • Rocket_Science
    Offline / Send Message
    Rocket_Science polycounter lvl 8
    My first expirience in handpainting texture (cuz of colorblindness) :P
    Feedback appreciated <3

Fbm6JrPi93I.jpg
  • agito666
    My first expirience in handpainting texture (cuz of colorblindness) :P
    Feedback appreciated <3

http://cs605627.vk.me/v605627064/5a20/Fbm6JrPi93I.jpg

the flame actually is purple colour :poly142:

okay joking,that is not real, it looks okay for me. flame is orange (like default CK)
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Konras wrote: »

@BladeofEvilsBane I am aware of a little hair problem but here take a look. Sadly PA don't have proper texture on her head, so even when I lengthen the hair part that was not "sideburn" it will not cover up the brown flat color :/ This shape was more of a necessity.
    YbDcwZh.jpg

@Andrew Yes I was also fun of red elements, but there was so many negative opinions on red that we have doped it completely. Violet could work also however I can see all those comments "looks like TA"

@Frump Yes her ponytail did not came out as I had imagine it. It was supposed to be cut straight like horse tail but now it looks like a balloon. I need to remove some specular from the end and make it darker that will help I hope. Also yeah good point with Cape pattern will also work on this.

@Artypi @Belkun Thanks! I am super happy you guys like it :)
    @Vlad @agito trolololo :D
    You could still split the edge with alpha a bit. Right now it looks like it's growing out, not drops down.
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Good point Vlad, will try it out!! Thanks :)
  • Alismuffin
    Offline / Send Message
    Alismuffin polycounter lvl 7
    @ Rocket_Science Nice! Looks awesome man. Good work on the metal

Crosspost from my new thread :)

DaO7O8l.png
  • BladeofEvilsBane
    Konras wrote: »

Ah I see, that is a bit of a problem. I think vlad's suggestion is good, you might also consider bringing part of the helm up and around the ear to cover up that area. Also in terms of popping colors, the green in her eyes is really nice and is in her color palate, perhaps bring that out in her armor? Excited to see where you take this, I'm sure you'll figure out what works best for you.
  • ShorkGamer
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    2h2LAFA.jpg
    bgmOmVU.jpg
    New Update on ma concept. I hope its now better. :D
  • Joker_47
    Offline / Send Message
    Joker_47 polycounter lvl 6
    Rocket_Science
    Nice paintings.

Konras
    Not bad , but she looks like a child, in my opinion, also agree with previous comments about the hair

agito666
    She's one of her kind, hairy fish :D
  • agito666
    0499__agito_s_rejected_workshop_concepts_by_agito666-d7ckmr0.jpg

was planned to put this collection into april fool...but i finished it in 2nd april... :|

anyway, get a laugh for this XDD
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Oh god, Sven and Jugg just too good xD
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    well, that just happened.
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
  • bounchfx
    I love Anuxi, she does fantastic work and I am nothing but happy for her, but Valve is literally slapping everyone else in the face. This is favoritism, when they have said in the past they would not fall prey to it.

lots of couriers, wards, singles, and other great sets are getting seemingly ignored while a single person is getting multiple chests and sets accepted virtually instantly. The least they could do is communicate with us and despite our best efforts we get nothing but a cold shoulder. It's a great way for them to build bad karma with the people putting in tons of time to help support their game, even though they've said in the past they would make more of an effort to communicate. Maybe they need to hire more people to help manage the workshop.. because clearly this isn't working out.

I guess we just all need to team up with organizations that love low-balling artists for Valve to pay attention to the items we submit.

Or, you know, Valve could respond that they actually are listening and give a damn about us. All they really need to do is say 'Don't worry, a normal chest is coming', or 'yes, we are working on improving workshop systems' But at this point, after all this? I'm not holding my breath. It would take a WORD from them to quell our concerns and they choose not to.

I like to stay silent about this kind of stuff because I'm paranoid i'll be blacklisted by Valve for saying stupid shit, but when someone can go on dota.dev, bitch out another artist by calling them names are throwing slurs their way, and then get rewarded by getting a set in the first set chest? What the fuck is happening? *(Referring to Sandokan : http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=126556 for reference)

As for me? I'm going to keep trucking along, doing my best, in the hopes that they will wake up and start valuing the rest of us here on the workshop.

*added reference for the call-out
  • Endritv
    Offline / Send Message
    Endritv polygon
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I love Anuxi, she does fantastic work and I am nothing but happy for her, but Valve is literally slapping everyone else in the face. This is favoritism, when they have said in the past they would not fall prey to it.

lots of couriers, wards, singles, and other great sets are getting seemingly ignored while a single person is getting multiple chests and sets accepted virtually instantly. The least they could do is communicate with us and despite our best efforts we get nothing but a cold shoulder. It's a great way for them to build bad karma with the people putting in tons of time to help support their game, even though they've said in the past they would make more of an effort to communicate. Maybe they need to hire more people to help manage the workshop.. because clearly this isn't working out.

I guess we just all need to team up with organizations that love low-balling artists for Valve to pay attention to the items we submit.

Or, you know, Valve could respond that they actually are listening and give a damn about us. All they really need to do is say 'Don't worry, a normal chest is coming', or 'yes, we are working on improving workshop systems' But at this point, after all this? I'm not holding my breath. It would take a WORD from them to quell our concerns and they choose not to.

I like to stay silent about this kind of stuff because I'm paranoid i'll be blacklisted by Valve for saying stupid shit, but when someone can go on dota.dev, bitch out another artist by calling them names are throwing slurs their way, and then get rewarded by getting a set in the first set chest? What the fuck is happening? *(Referring to Sandokan : http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=126556 for reference)

As for me? I'm going to keep trucking along, doing my best, in the hopes that they will wake up and start valuing the rest of us here on the workshop.

You said it all, this isen't fair valve.
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Can't agree enough with you bounch. At this point I don't even care about not getting my stuff in, but when there's crystal clear favoritism going on it's just incredibly frustrating. Again and again we see that Valve clearly favors the big names, even when there are items with equal or on lots of cases even greater quality on the workshop. It's sad that this happening, and it's not fault of the artists but Valve themselves, or rather the Dota 2 Team more specifically.

Apparently that open letter thing that was posted on reddit a while ago didn't reach anyone over at Valve.
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18

You already know my opinion about this situation, and clearly is becoming worse and worse...what can i say more than that? I think my old post on Reddit was more than explicit. (HERE)
    Clearly, it's quite discoraging to see tons of items ignored this way, and then one that gets picked comes from a guy who deliberately insulted other workshop artists.
    Is there anything we can do? I'm starting to see very little hope honestly.
  • Prophet9
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9

I have to say I agree with everything written here. Congrats to Anuxi - truly, you were an inspiration to me to start making items - but I can't help but feel a letdown at the same time *shrug*
    Without the various changes to the workshop that have been discussed previously, it's only going to get worse I fear.

Also, that set by Sandokan that was added was a real problem for me. I have a huge issue with people on forums acting like complete assholes with little regard for others. I've read a few of that guys "complaints" on the dev forums and to see his set added... THAT was a slap in the face. One could think that Valve missed it - but not on their own Dev forums. Rewarding asshole behavior should not be encouraged.

As Bounch says though - I will keep on making items to the best of my ability and hope. :)

Cheers!
  • Chemical Alia
    Offline / Send Message
    Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah, I'm pissed.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    "-hey guys, we just tried adding sets into the chest, how about we try to keep the value of the old chests by adding rare drop sets to them?
    -sounds great, on what we can test it?
    -Well, we can get that dazzle set and put in this old chest!"
  • Chemical Alia
    Offline / Send Message
    So this is kind of a rough week for us, pretty much dead tired after just finishing this up, but might as well show it off, I guess.

Not to break up this venting-fest, because frankly it's pretty awesome to read exactly how I feel right now. So please continue. ❤

loadingscreen_by_chemicalalia-d7cfxr0.png

flat_by_chemicalalia-d7cfxr9.png

We did a couple custom things with it, like staff particles/scrolling texture on the emissives, and custom palm trees for his teleport! The treant is actually skinned to the original, lol.

gif_teleportfx01_by_chemicalalia-d7cfxsx.gifv

gif_customfx_by_chemicalalia-d7cfxu0.gif

gif_idle03_by_chemicalalia-d7cfxt9.gif

Hope you like it!
  • Boonta
    Offline / Send Message
    Boonta polycounter lvl 13
    really like the horns and staff chemical alia! the texturing is sweeet also.

How'd you do the custom particles? has there been a post that ive missed where people share the technique?
  • Vextrakt
    Offline / Send Message
    Vextrakt polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you Bounchfx for speaking out. Everything you said is in the thoughts of the majority of the artists here - including the fear of speaking out. I honestly feel like the time for the small guys has come and gone. I know my work is hit or miss, but when I have virtually no following and still manage to get top 6 front page on some stuff, it's clear that the community approves.

I simply don't have enough free time to keep up with the fulltimers/teams, so when I release content its around a month or two down the drain when it doesn't make it. After my first item got in I thought I could do this after work hours to pay off my debt, but what a brief flame it was. I'm slowly working on my next set and I'll do my best to make it great, but if nothing comes of it or my past submissions, I'm probably done. This is simply no longer financially viable.
  • Akaime
    Offline / Send Message
    Akaime polycounter lvl 4
    I really want to understand it someday.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    We did a couple custom things with it, like staff particles/scrolling texture on the emissives, and custom palm trees for his teleport! The treant is actually skinned to the original, lol.

gif_idle03_by_chemicalalia-d7cfxt9.gif

Hope you like it!
    The staff is floating!
  • TrevorJ
    Offline / Send Message
    TrevorJ polycounter lvl 9
    The colors! look at the colors children!

Love it Alia that Treant is awesome, i was just thinking the other day i was surprised no ones made a venus fly-trap style treant, you guys nailed it.
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Vextrakt wrote: »
    I simply don't have enough free time to keep up with the fulltimers/teams, so when I release content its around a month or two down the drain when it doesn't make it. After my first item got in I thought I could do this after work hours to pay off my debt, but what a brief flame it was. I'm slowly working on my next set and I'll do my best to make it great, but if nothing comes of it or my past submissions, I'm probably done. This is simply no longer financially viable.

Pretty much that. I'll probably redo some of my old stuff just for the sake of it, but I don't see myself doing new items nor finishing some of the things that I have halfway done.

It made sense when I was still doing items for experience/practice, but that's not the case anymore, was a good learning process but past that it's just not feasible.

Also, it's really sad to see weeks of work buried under promoted stuff, just because an author that just published had an insta 2k votes.

@Chemical Alia:

Awesome set.

I particularly like the treants, nice to see them in a more spooky version :D
  • SemiColonThree
    The way I see the workshop is, everyone has an equal chance of success. Im pretty sure, Valve didnt blindly give this little favor to Anuxxi... She gave them a big reason to. She showed them she has a huge following, and that it would be worth their time and effort to create a chest for her. Im pretty sure if you guys do exactly what she does, the same will happen for you.

To me this isnt a slap in the face, just a bit of encouragement to work harder.
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Problem is, there are bills to be paid, and venturing full time in a Workshop enterprise is risky at best, so no.
  • SemiColonThree
    So, if your not willing to go through the same efforts as anuxxi... You honestly dont deserve the same benefits as she does.
    Rubus wrote: »
    Problem is, there are bills to be paid, and venturing full time in a Workshop enterprise is risky at best, so no.
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    The way I see the workshop is, everyone has an equal chance of success. Im pretty sure, Valve didnt blindly give this little favor to Anuxxi... She gave them a big reason to. She showed them she has a huge following, and that it would be worth their time and effort to create a chest for her. Im pretty sure if you guys do exactly what she does, the same will happen for you.

Easy to say that when whatever you submit, despite various flaws, mistakes and questionable quality, still get added ingame because you partner with DotaCinema, which seems to be the way to go now if you want anything in game, just partner up with an organization, because there is absolutely no way to get the following that some of the people who started earlier have right now.
  • Chemical Alia
    Offline / Send Message

lmao holy shit
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    So, if your not willing to go through the same efforts as anuxxi... You honestly dont deserve the same benefits as she does.

Exactly, and that's why I think it's not feasible for me, and not feasible to a lot of people, not everyone have the popularity she has and earning that nowadays is really impracticable to someone that don't have the will of risking going full time and amassing a large amount of debts as a result.

Sad part is that the quality of the items nowadays seems to be more and more secondary to marketing and partnerships in the selection process, otherwise I'd have no complaint at all.
  • SemiColonThree
    I have 8 sets accepted, and only 2 of which are partnered with Dota Cinema.

so yea, ur logic doesnt apply here.

belkun wrote: »
    Easy to say that when whatever you submit, despite various flaws, mistakes and questionable quality, still get added ingame because you partner with DotaCinema, which seems to be the way to go now if you want anything in game, just partner up with an organization, because there is absolutely no way to get the following that some of the people who started earlier have right now.
  • SemiColonThree
    Yea im not trying to be rude, but if its not a full time job to you. Ur expectations should be lower, and you shouldnt be surprised when a chest by anuxxi gets released?
    Exactly, and that's why I think it's not feasible for me, and not feasible to a lot of people, not everyone have the popularity she has and earning that nowadays is really impracticable to someone that don't have the will of risking going full time and amassing a large amount of debts as a result.

Sad part is that the quality of the items nowadays seems to be more and more secondary to marketing and partnerships in the selection process, otherwise I'd have no complaint at all.
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Prophet9 wrote: »

Also, that set by Sandokan that was added was a real problem for me. I have a huge issue with people on forums acting like complete assholes with little regard for others. I've read a few of that guys "complaints" on the dev forums and to see his set added... THAT was a slap in the face. One could think that Valve missed it - but not on their own Dev forums. Rewarding asshole behavior should not be encouraged.

As Bounch says though - I will keep on making items to the best of my ability and hope. :)

Cheers!

Well congratz to Anuxi! Too bad they didn't add a singles chest to return some balance to the force? That Sandoken guy is a piece of work. I left a comment on his Legion set that it was way to noisy in game, solution, delete comment that was genunie feedback. Anyone that attacks other workshop artists like he did should not be allowed to use workshop. But like all the rest, I will keep doing what I do, and try to better myself , and try to provide mostly positive feedback to the community.... mostly. Speaking of which, holy sexy natures prophet Chemical Alia , so many pretty colors, much need, do want, fast add!
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Yea im not trying to be rude, but if its not a full time job to you. Ur expectations should be lower, and you shouldnt be surprised when a chest by anuxxi gets released?

You are really thick, aren't you? I have no problem with Anuxi having a chest at all, never wrote anything about that.
  • Artypi
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5
    lmao holy shit

Can i just say that I really understand your frustration, Alia?

It's really not easy to hear "well, have you tried working harder? lol" when you and drysocket are great examples of working hard to consistently produce unique high-quality item sets that receive a roar of community approval

but to add a note to this conversation, we ALL work hard. It's not a case of 'who works hardest' or 'who deserves it most'. Most people do not have the ability to commit to the workshop full time, but as a community we and valve should be supporting those who channel their efforts to make wonderful content for their game during their own free time too.

With all said grats to Anuxi, she is an exceptionally talented artist and inspired a lot of us (myself included) to get involved in the workshop.
  • SemiColonThree
    You are really thick, aren't you? I have no problem with Anuxi having a chest at all, never wrote anything about that.

Well my bad, i was sort of speaking to the general issue most people have right now.

and I find it a little funny that some of the people complaining, have received favors from valve as well.

for ex. Chemical Alia was invited to ti4, which gives him more exposure right? Why not invite every single workshop artist? Chemical Alia also got the upper hand to create player sets while he was there. Im not going to sit there complaining, Im more than happy for him that he got invited, and how much success he has in his workshop career. Stuff like that inspires me, it doesnt make me mad.

Vlad got the priveledge of making a doom set for hyhy, again... im not even mad, congrats to him.

Bounchfx got all 3 of his virtues sets accepted at the same time, which valve hasnt done for anyone before.

Yi got the priveldge of making a set full of hair, which other people havent gotten the chance to do..... again im not even mad, this is all inspirational stuff to me.
  • cagdasx44
    I definitly agree with bounchfx with this.
    Most of you guys already have at least 1 item ingame and the ones with no ingame items has 5 star items but me?? I started modeling like 8 months ago maybe from zero and I still dont have anything to show.
    And with this the first 5-6 sets I will made will not go ingame for sure. So it means I will be kind of making sets for at least 4 months for nothing. This news just depressed me alot. I had some good dreams about my new ongoing set, it is just so sad knowing it wont go ingame no matter how good it will be.
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah I definitely agree with artypi here. Plus, the reason anuxi is able to do this as her only job is because she started out early on in the workshop, and created a fanbase there. That lead to her sets getting in almost instantly, which made her able to not have to rely on another income as we speak.
    Now a days it's a lot harder, since we're so many people in the workshop, and we easily get desaturated by the sets made by those that already have a fanbase. (I'm not saying that anuxi makes bad sets though)
    Btw, Semicolon, yeah, true, you made 2 sets with dota cinema, and most of the others are with kunkka. Plus Belkuns logic still applies, your pudge set got inverted normals on the store page. No matter how you see it, that was at least something Valve should've checked before they put it in.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    I can name 10 to 15 artist, who do this full time, who have worked just as hard, if not harder than anuxi that don't get anywhere near the same treatment as her. This is not a knock to her of course, but you have to be pretty naive to think the workshop is balanced and fair for all.
  • PoPcorn
    Well my bad, i was sort of speaking to the general issue most people have right now.

and I find it a little funny that some of the people complaining, have received favors from valve as well.

for ex. Chemical Alia was invited to ti4, which gives him more exposure right? Why not invite every single workshop artist? Chemical Alia also got the upper hand to create player sets while he was there. Im not going to sit there complaining, Im more than happy for him that he got invited, and how much success he has in his workshop career. Stuff like that inspires me, it doesnt make me mad.

Vlad got the priveledge of making a doom set for hyhy, again... im not even mad, congrats to him.

Bounchfx got all 3 of his virtues sets accepted at the same time, which valve hasnt done for anyone before.

Yi got the priveldge of making a set full of hair, which other people havent gotten the chance to do..... again im not even mad, this is all inspirational stuff to me.

Go away.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    So this is kind of a rough week for us, pretty much dead tired after just finishing this up, but might as well show it off, I guess.

Not to break up this venting-fest, because frankly it's pretty awesome to read exactly how I feel right now. So please continue. ❤

Hope you like it!

omg those colors! such an amazing job Shaylyn
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    Players picked their own artist to make those sets. No privileges, sheer luck.
  • Primrose~
    Offline / Send Message
    Primrose~ triangle

Shut up. Just shut up. It's easy to say everyone else needs to work harder when your sets have glaring issues every. single. time. You got lucky, there's nothing more to it, ever since you're first set wen tin you've been on a luckier and luckier streak and it's absolutely ridiculous. Your control over masks is a joke and your normal maps are repugnant because you have no idea what you're even doing. Every set you've done for Dota Cinema has flipped normals and you give a bullshit excuse that it was just a mistake, even though it's on every single item for the set. And a "Huge Following" is the worlds shittiest possible excuse to put someone's items in. Don't even go there. This is painful levels of favoritism and I'm sorry to be saying that because Anuxi is a nice girl, but this is completely repugnant.

There are dozens upon dozens of dota artists who barely have any sets left in the store at this point, or their sets don't sell to save their life at this point. Myself included. And that's not because I haven't been putting forth the effort to make more sets or singular items or couriers, it's because I have fulltime schooling going on, and the same can't be said for others such as ChemicalAlia or Dry Socket, who have put out a number of good sets and have very few left in the store at this point, and you don't see them getting their own crate reintroducing them to the game for a profit.

Anuxi's crate is still being actively opened for crying out loud, there's a 40$ kinetic gem slapped onto the wings she did for Queen of Pain, I'm sure she's still sitting quite pretty with the tens of thousands of dollars she's making from that, this chest is just a slap in the face in every sense of the term. Some contributors have left their job entirely and are dedicating themselves to the workshop, and they aren't getting much in at this point.

So saying that we need to work harder is a crock of shit :3. You have no place to be talking when you make more then fucking enough off of your garbage sven set, terrible invoker set, mediocre pudge set, and I'm sure you'll be making plenty of money off of future terrible sets.

What it boils down to is that you got lucky because you're first terrible set got in, but that's understandable that it was poor quality because it was one of your first, it going in was inexcusable because it's terrible quality and I pray you're able to maybe agree with that, but you're so argumentative I'm sure you think it's the best set to ever be added. You're so ignorant over your flaws that it's insane. Votes mean dick when you're attached to a dota channel that has a massive subscriber base, and will vote for garbage items because someone tells them to. You're a walking, talking, joke of a item maker and I have no issues whatsoever saying that. I dream of the day I can make a absolutely garbage quality set and have some massive youtube channel runner with shit tastes in items like my work so much he actually asks me to practically work full time for him, let alone manage to get the original screen artist for dota to do concepts for me so I can shit all over his hard work with my terrible recreations of the concept. So no, :3, we don't need to work harder, at least some of us don't.

I've watched the birth and practical death of the contributing scene of the tf2 workshop, which started out very much like the dota workshop where everyone had equal chance and there was a few impressive item makers, but not it's reached a point where everything has stagnated and the same contributors get the exact same things in because all the new people don't bother because there's not point. i'm not going to let this happen to the dota workshop because of people like you and tournament runners in this for purely profit.
  • SemiColonThree
    Well If this is true, then I would have to agree with everyone else then.

I havent been keeping a close eye on Anuxxi or something. its just my first impression of her is that she does good sets and works hard.... but i could be wrong
    I can name 10 to 15 artist, who do this full time, who have worked just as hard, if not harder than anuxi that don't get anywhere near the same treatment as her. This is not a knock to her of course, but you have to be pretty naive to think the workshop is balanced and fair for all.