Offline / Send Message
TylerFluharty polycounter lvl 7
Critiques or anything is appreciated:
Devil_Front.jpg

Replies

• Azaraen
    Offline / Send Message
    Azaraen polycounter lvl 10
    I love the textures you have on his body! Great looking face too!

From his forearms down to the knuckle area, the muscle defining details in the texture starts to get blurry and stretched. I feel the same thing is happening from below his knees and down to his feet. It's just a contrasting look to the fine and sharp detail you have on his face and torso. Can you sharpen that up and make it same amount of detail as the face and torso?

Also, it's not your main subject, but the rock he is standing on, the stretching texture on the front is obvious. If you want this to be a portfolio piece, maybe adding some unique (or atleast non stretching) texture details on the front would add to the professionalism of your piece.

But nice work!
  • Jeremy-S
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    I really like the ideas going on here, but I have to say I think you're anatomy is holding you back. The idea is there, the feeling is there, but the anatomy is too far off for it to be believable.

It's obvious you aren't looking for normal human anatomy, but you need to draw from reality more. I'm no anatomy expert, but I'll do a QUICK and SLOPPY paintover for ya just as an example of something that might work better.

Also, if I'm not mistaken that's a polypaint, and as far as I know, which admittedly isn't much, you can't have texture stretching in there.

[EDIT] Here's some sketchy ideas. The pec to shoulder transition is off, normally I'd say that's what you're going for on this guy, but the same thing was present on your BladeMaster sculpt. But the sloppy paintover has my suggestions. Again, they're just suggestions. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/paintover01.jpg/
  • TylerFluharty
    Offline / Send Message
    Any "texture-stretching" is just actual stretching of the mesh.
    This was a sculpt I did a month or so ago fairly quickly and yes the anatomy is quite off. I mostly picked it back up to practice poly-painting.
    I also tried transpose master out with this so it was more or less an experiment.

Thank you for the critiques :D
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    You sir have just produced the most godly arms ever. I've have a few sketchbooks with the extact same proportions and three finger/claw. Hell i have a few models, but this, this is jawdropping athesticaly perfection to me <3
  • TylerFluharty
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, thanks. I'm going to agree with the other guys though and say it does need some work but I'm glad you like it.
  • nofools
    Wow! It couldn't have been better. I really liked the art. I have recently joined this forum because I want to learn how to draw art like this. Any help will be appreciated.