Home General Discussion

Cinteak Keyboard Holder For Cintiq - Other Keyboard Set-ups?

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Bumper polycounter lvl 9
Hey All,

I have recently added a Cintiq to my tool set. It's the 27 incher and man, where did my desk go?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the Cintweak keyboard holder. It adheres to the top/back of your Cintiq (via adhesive velcro) to where you lay your velcro backed keyboard.

http://www.gizmotweak.com/index.html

It looks like a good choice for hotkeys (the express remote only has so many buttons) and the occasional typing need. It keeps your keyboard out of the way. Granted I'd have to put velcro, that will never remove clean (well, there is Goo-Gone), on the back...

Thoughts, experiences?

Ideas on other keyboard layouts would be welcome too.

Thanks,
Bump

Replies

• Zack Maxwell
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    I think just getting yourself an Orbweaver would be a lot more convenient and ergonomic.
    You can bind the keys differently for different programs, which on top of being convenient, also means that you can customize the hotkeys for programs that normally don't let you.
    The profile swaps automatically based on the program you have active, and you can even bind macros to the keys.
  • Bumper
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumper polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks Grimwolf, I'll keep the Orbweaver in mind. I've looked at it before and am intrigued. However, I can't help but feel I need a keyboard handy. Old habits die hard perhaps. :)
  • Zack Maxwell
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    Oh, I was only thinking about working. Yeah, you would still need a keyboard for conventional things like typing.
  • Bumper
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumper polycounter lvl 9
    Additionally, I would be concerned about switching between work computer and home computer (granted I could bring the orb with me to work. That said, I'm already kinda screwed as I'm getting used to the 27's remote, where I am using an old 21 at work.
  • Gilgamesh
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    Grimwolf wrote: »
    I think just getting yourself an Orbweaver would be a lot more convenient and ergonomic.
    You can bind the keys differently for different programs, which on top of being convenient, also means that you can customize the hotkeys for programs that normally don't let you.
    The profile swaps automatically based on the program you have active, and you can even bind macros to the keys.

If they only did a left handed version (for the right hand ofc).
  • Popeye9
    Offline / Send Message
    Popeye9 polycounter lvl 15
    For mine I just bought a wireless keyboard that I can move around easier. I have the orbweaver but use the expresskey remote for doing most of the work since the radial menus are setup for each program. With the keyboard if I have to just type a file name then I can use the Wacom on screen keyboard for quick typing. I do have my Wacom on a Ergotron arm which makes it super easy to quickly move if heavy typing is needed.