Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest

Riot Art Contest 2014 - Q&A

Replies

• yemin4885
    hello, I want to participate in this Art Contest.
    But I can't submit my piece. Can not connect to "Woodbox".
    What should I do?

Not sure why you are unable to connect to WooBox. I would suggest using someone else's machine or call your ISP.
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    If we are doing a character like Annie and Tibbers, can we make separate sheets for the turnarounds and highres sheets per character?

Sure.
  • Yanni
    Offline / Send Message
    Yanni polycounter lvl 6
    Can we put music to our final video (for VFX)?

If yes, can we put the same video on Vimeo for other people to see?

Thanks

No music or sound. We will review all entries on mute.
  • mrnunez
    Offline / Send Message
    mrnunez polycounter lvl 2
    Just a note, I have re-submitted my images with bigger resolution. The zip file has same name.

No problem.
  • huynhke
    Offline / Send Message
    huynhke polycounter lvl 6
    Hi, so it says to submit these two for VFX

_Submit a render in Quicktime H264 format from the front, side and ¾ views
    _High resolution image(s) from a frame of your effect capturing a moment in time with the best shape language

So I have a video to submit, and TWO (2) image files (1 for each effect). But when I go into the sumbission page, it only allows for two attachments. Do I have to attach my screenshots here? Or are we supposed to just include the screenshots in our WIP thread and only submit a video on the submission page?

Thanks!

Zip the files into 1 zip file. If the size is too large, then you can have 2 zips.
  • just-shen
    Hi this is for animation:

I can't find the page with what to submit.
    From my memory, Create two attack animations. Make video clip with 3/4 and over head view of each.
    Is a walk cycle required? I saw a few walk cycles looking at other posts.

Video should be Quicktime H264?

..and attach them to this form here:
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142431

Anything else I'm missing?

Submit a playblast in Quicktime H264 format from the front, side and ¾ views.
    High resolution image(s) from a frame of your animation capturing a strong dynamic pose.
  • Dhairyasheel
    Offline / Send Message
    Dhairyasheel polycounter lvl 6
    i got problem to submit my masterpiece...
    after i press enter... This webpage is not available

It looks like you are timing out. Please split the entry into 2 different zip files or make the file size smaller.
  • Fallenfantasy174
    Hello, got some questions:

It says to name it like John_Doe-Discipline.zip so does that mean I should have it My_Name_Champion.zip or Champion_Name_skin name.zip or what?

It should be your full name and what category you are entering.

Should the file be compressed inside a zipped folder or just on it's own?

Yes.

Am I allowed to post my entry up onto DeviantART?

Yes.

Thanks.

No problem.
  • AivaBlue
    For the illustration category: I saw a lot of people doing splash art type of work. Are we allowed to make let's say portrait kind of drawings? And are we allowed to use textures or patterns for clothing which are not self made?

Yes. We are going to be evaluating not just the quality of the image but the storytelling component.

No on using external textures.
  • Darknavigator
    Any word on an extension? It is hard to find the time for the last 10 percent during the holidays.

Unfortunately, there is no extension.
  • Med3d2dfx
    Offline / Send Message
    Med3d2dfx polycounter lvl 3
    I can`t send my work, woobox don`t work...

The connection to woobox.com was interrupted.

I don`t understand!...

There must be something wrong with your connection that is timing out. Try and split your entry into 2 files and maybe that will help.
  • magion02
    Hey there, I have 2 questions.

1.May I know how exactly do we have name the file for submission? Can you give us an exact example to name it , I've seen the instruction John_Doe-Discipline.zip but I don't understand.

If your name is Jim Doe and you are entering the character section, your entry would be labeled: Jim_Doe-Character.zip.

2. Which of our name will be displayed representing for the entru? Is it our real name, Polycount ID or our summoner's name?

Real Name

Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks!
  • Indiron
    Offline / Send Message
    Indiron polycounter lvl 6
    I made a mistake and submitted a pretty large uncompressed .PNG (zipped file is 30MB and the actual png is 111MB), is that going to be fine instead of submitting a compressed .jpeg like mentioned? Also the name for the zip; Sanjin_Halimic-lux.zip should that be correct?

That is fine. We will be reviewing the renders primarily and then looking at the texture sheets if needed. The name of the file should be your discipline such as character, illustration, etc. We are using this to help organize the folders for reviewing. It is fine and we will just manually open it.
  • MMKH
    Offline / Send Message
    MMKH polycounter lvl 11
    huynhke wrote: »
    What's the difference between my Summoner Name and my LOL account name? (This is on the submission sheet)

Will I be able to request detailed feedback on my work from the disciplinary team of the category I entered? (their feedback would be extremely valuable)

They are the same. Unfortunately, we will not be able to give detailed feedback for every entree due to the volume.

Oh, for my first entry which I submitted a while ago, I put a different summoner name than my LoL account name (I assumed the LOL account name was the name I type when I log into LoL, because the summoner name would not be the correct login). I hope that's not an issue?

Not an issue. They actually can be different so you are correct.
  • Aaron Radney
    I don't have a summoner name or a LOL account.

1. Do I have to make one in order to enter the contest?
    Yes.

2. I've got an archive set up for it that is named with the official naming conventions but the individual files inside are named differently with the final image named "shaolin_fiora_complete.jpg" is that okay and valid to be judged?

That is fine.
  • Arseniac
    If I propose two differents entries, how am I supposed to name it ?
    For example, I drew Syndra and Janna, so it's mean: my_name_Syndra-Illustration.zip ans my_name_Janna-illustration.zip ?
  • huynhke
    Offline / Send Message
    huynhke polycounter lvl 6
    Hi, I just submitted all my stuff then it brought me to this screen. It shows nothing under "Your Entries" and i'm worried that it didn't enter any of my stuff? I wanted to refresh the page but it warned me that I would be resubmitting everything (and I didn't want to do that in case the stuff was actually submitted). Should I worry?

?format=1000w&storage=local

That is fine. We are correcting that screen but that is what you should see.
  • fredG
    Hello,

Quick question about what to submit for the Animation entry. Under the rules it says we are required to submit a front side and 3/4 view of our work. We are also specified to think of the game camera angle during our process.

I would like to know if I need to send those views from a game camera perspective or from the orthographic view. (game camera would imply that I'm sending a front view from a 55 angle down 40 FOV showing the character running towards us)

Thanks in advance!

I am not understanding the question. Let me try and answer what I think you are asking. We would like a video of your character facing forward, a side view version and another version with the game camera (55 angle and 40 FOV as you stated).
  • Anoif
    huynhke wrote: »
    Hi, I just submitted all my stuff then it brought me to this screen. It shows nothing under "Your Entries" and i'm worried that it didn't enter any of my stuff? I wanted to refresh the page but it warned me that I would be resubmitting everything (and I didn't want to do that in case the stuff was actually submitted). Should I worry?

?format=1000w&storage=local

I am seeing this too!
  • Kayhos
    Hi! i submitted my artwork yesterday but i havent received a confirmation message or email? and there isnt a way of checking that you guys got it. So i've gone into PANIC MODE thinking you guys havent got my entry! :O it was for illustration

As long as you saw the confirmation screen then you are OK.
  • clem
    Mmmh I wanted to re-post my entry with some modification but submission didn't work. Any idea ? Thanks

Create a new entry with a different file name. You can also create a new entry with a middle initial if that helps.
  • Spanna
    Offline / Send Message
    Spanna polycounter lvl 3
    Hey there,

I am trying to upload my final work but I also get the error:

The connection to woobox.com was interrupted.
    Reload this web page
    Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.
    Check your Internet connection
    Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems or other network devices you may be using.
    Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings.
    If it is already listed as a programme that is allowed to access the network, try removing it from the list and adding it again.
    If you use a proxy server...
    Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > + Show advanced settings > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect "Use a proxy server for your LAN".
    Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Are there any other upload options?
    Thanks

No there are not. Please try using another computer, browser or try and split the file into smaller sizes.
  • Fallenfantasy174
    I don't think the Q&A guy is here anymore....it's been a week since he answered and this is the most important time. :/

I am here.
  • jarvin88
    Offline / Send Message
    jarvin88 polycounter lvl 3
    Been trying to submit since 1am last night. Still cant submit today at 11 am. :( Anyone have a solution?

Please try and split into 2 files. The file size may be too big.
  • cha4os
    i cant post any thread.. i already activated it using email D:

I belive there is a 24 hour window to create a new thread. That is a Polycount thing.
  • clem
    Ok guys, I re-sent my entry and, when I try to send 2 parts, it didn't work. But 1 file worked for me without VPN or proxy.

And thx Dado

That is great to hear! Good luck!
  • Belich
    the same empty window, i assume that is because the zip :\ i want to think that
  • LucaMaria
    Thanks for the memo, Dado!

I know it's a bit late, but i've got a problem with the LoL login (i've read on the game forum that's an old problem) : i registered the game, i donwloaded and installed it...but I can't connect to the game and if i can't connect, i can't make a summoner.
    - Summoner Name:If you play the game you know/have it. But for new players like me, this is an Identification that you create INSIDE the Game Client -
    it´s different than the name you use to register on the LOL site. (the reason for that is they will give Riot Points, the game currency, as part of the prizes).

So, what can i do? i'll write a summoner name in the submission form and then i'll actually make the summoner..whenever i'll be able to login?

(i'm trying with the IE update trick i've read in the LoL forum but it's taking ages because it needed tons of Windows updtades before and i'm not even sure it will work.... :( )

Thanks in advance for any suggestion... :(

That should work.
  • ACap
    Offline / Send Message
    ACap polycounter lvl 9
    I can not submit my entry - after filling all the fields and sending my first one - Woobox just shows me empty page with hidden script(it shows after I drag selection - The time for submissions is over.)
    But, due to contest rules - I still have time.
    Am I really late or did I make something wrong? Is there any other way to send my work for judjing? Actually all the stuff is in my thread)

Can you retry? Everything looks good on our end.

Thank you. It worked well. Just one thing - I am created 5 entries - but Woobox shows me that I have only one entry - as far as all files now on your side and my personal data is the same - I think you will be able to handle this)
  • Otrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Otrus null
    I have the same problem with sending my final image:с

Still? Everything looks good on our end.
  • Spanna
    Offline / Send Message
    Spanna polycounter lvl 3
    Hey Guys,

Thanks clem for the info. I tried again this morning and it finally worked after I down sized it to fit into one folder. I did have to down size the images a lot tho so I hope riot / polycount is ok with that even tho they do ask for some of the image to be high res...

Just in case anyone else is having issues:

2 zip folders won't work
    1 zip folder does work

We will reach out if we need to get a hold of you for any reason..
  • Otrus
    Offline / Send Message
    Otrus null
    Is it normal? Can`t be sure that my entry is

Yes, that is what you should see if all went through.

And if I want to download updated version of my work, can I do it again after sending old version?
  • jarvin88
    Offline / Send Message
    jarvin88 polycounter lvl 3
    jarvin88 wrote: »
    Been trying to submit since 1am last night. Still cant submit today at 11 am. :( Anyone have a solution?

Please try and split into 2 files. The file size may be too big.

Yes, I have them split into 2 files. I see others are saying 2 files dont work, so i will try to get everything into 1 file. Hopefully that works :/

UPDATE:

I tried to submit a 40mb file and 20mb file separately as instructed, however it never worked. I ended up just submitting one 30mb. file, and it went through. Looks like the 2 part file system isnt working, hopefully you can fit it into 1! Goodluck guys :)

Great to know. We will be looking into this. It did work before when we initially tested the system. We will see what happened here.
  • Bruno Afonseca
    Is there a way to confirm whether we're in or not? Apparently my stuff uploaded fine but I'd like to be sure!

If you saw that screen that states "Thank you for entering..." then you are good to go.
  • LucaMaria
    LucaMaria wrote: »
    Thanks for the memo, Dado!

I know it's a bit late, but i've got a problem with the LoL login (i've read on the game forum that's an old problem) : i registered the game, i donwloaded and installed it...but I can't connect to the game and if i can't connect, i can't make a summoner.

So, what can i do? i'll write a summoner name in the submission form and then i'll actually make the summoner..whenever i'll be able to login?

(i'm trying with the IE update trick i've read in the LoL forum but it's taking ages because it needed tons of Windows updtades before and i'm not even sure it will work.... :( )

Thanks in advance for any suggestion... :(

That should work.

Finally i managed to login: IE updated and after that i tried all things that are suggested in the support page and it seems it was a DNS problem! thanks anyway! :) :thumbup:

Great to hear!
  • Trunks
    Hi,

Im currently in a small panicky state so I hope you guys don't mind me asking a most likely answered question but when I'm trying to submit my animation (which is only 12.8MB (I think I did something wrong with everyone else having such large files :o)) I get the following page.

http://prntscr.com/5isd90

Would this be enough for me to consider it entered or do I need to see my entry on the bottom to be sure?

Yes. That means that all went through. Best of luck!

Thank you very much!
  • Aaron Radney
    Thank you very much for answering my question. I'm very excited.

We are also very excited about what the community has created for this event! Best of luck to all!
  • Gimtim
    Does anyone know what do i have to fill in the "Polycount Screen Name" field in the deliver section?

Gimtim
  • Darknavigator
    I have been trying to submit my final images but I cant seem to get woobox to load right. all of the text is whited out. I have been trying to get these loaded up for the past 15 mins. Any ideas?

Woobox goes white when the contest closed.
  • t0mmy
    I had some minor problems with having a LOL account and unfortunately I was late for 1 or 2 minutes. Is there anything can be done?

Unfortunately the deadline has passed. The system is now closed.
  • C.K.Shepherd
    I submitted my project just under the 11:59 PM Deadline, the upload took a minute and I was sent to a blank page with invisible text stating "the time for submission is over". I just wanted to make sure my work was submitted and that I am indeed in the VFX portion of the contest without being penalized for slow upload speeds?

I am not sure if you made the deadline or not.
  • LanAzure
    I've been having on and off internet connection issues and it disconnected when i was trying to upload my file around 11:55~ish? It just got back up and running and I was wondering if I could resend my file :c
    Sorry for the trouble!

Unfortunately the deadline has passed. The system is now closed.
  • TastyBrush
    Hey, i have a similar problem as C.K.Shepherd

I also submitted my picture but the time was something like 11.56 PM. But after a few minutes of uploading (my internet is slow) it gave me this page:
    uKVgcxh.jpg
    Does this mean my submision didnt made it through?

Correct. That means you did not make the deadline.
  • Sotatsu
    Offline / Send Message
    Sotatsu polycounter lvl 4
    Question :

I submitted my work maybe 7 minutes before the deadline.
    I was so tired that I didn't exactly read what was scribe on the page at the end of my upload. I just remember I could share it on facebook by clicking on a big button "post on my wall", just like this page : http://prntscr.com/5isd90

But now, the link I shared on facebook redirect to this page :
    http://i.imgur.com/uKVgcxh.jpg

By reading this topic, I see that a few people loaded a white page that said the submission was over. I don't know (or don't remember) how does this page look.

Just to be sure :
    The only way that I could share directly my entry on facebook was to upload my work before the deadline, and load this page at the end, right ? http://prntscr.com/5isd90
  • michele-tanner
    Question:

For the illustration section:

I upload the zip within my final illustration, and filled the field with my WIP thread link.But reading again the general rules, now I have the doubt that I should also upload one page of WIP in the final submission... can I consider my entry ( WIP link + upload of the final illustartion) valid ?

Tnx in advance !
  • C.K.Shepherd
    Is there really no way that I can submit my work properly. I DID make the deadline according to the time, but the submission process upload is what took more time than it should have, EVEN then it was 11:59 PM when it went through. I would really appreciate some help regarding this. I'm new to these contests and had no idea Polycounts server wouldn't be able to handle the load of the deadline day submissions, slowing my upload. It would mean a lot to me to at least have my entry accepted as it should have been under the guidelines. Not being able to finish this contest because of something that was taken out my hands would really mar what was an otherwise awesome process and experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read this wall of text.
  • monster
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    I'm having the same issue as CK. I started my upload at 11:57 but the upload took several minutes. When it was done uploading I was sent to a blank Submission are Over page and not a confirmation page.

Can you confirm I was entered?

Summoner name: monsterBlues
    Server: North America
  • lunahod
    Hello!
    I'm a participant of the contest from the Riot games from Belarus and my name is Evgeniy, known with nickname "lunahod" on polycount.com. I'm currently in a small panicky state so I hope that you will understand me. A few days ago (12-19-2014 10:09 PM) I have been loading my final images of Khazix in section with thread "Character art", but only after a while, after deadline I understood that I should have been sent my images of Khazix with some information at other link that was pointed in the rules. i'm so worried that I committed a blunder, because i didn't see this paragraph in time and because I'm not very well understand english language and usually I read all information as well as I only can. This is my first participation in the so large-scale contest. I'm very hope that you will give me a chance in spite of my careless and stupid mistake.

- name: Evgeniy Rusolovskiy
    - email adress: lunatic_tic@tut.by
    - category etntry: character art
    - link to polycount WIP thread: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141623
    - polycount screen name thread: lunahod

e912f74d808e.jpg

http://dropmefiles.com/afQUn

Evgeniy_Rusolovskiy-Character_Art.zip
  • Ngowan
    Offline / Send Message
    Ngowan polycounter lvl 3
    Good luck guys, there are some amazing works on this challenge - great job.
  • C.K.Shepherd
    Ngowan wrote: »
    Good luck guys, there are some amazing works on this challenge - great job.

Agreed Ngowan, just hoping they have some Christmas spirit and help those of us that had legitimate issues submitting the work we committed so much of our time to these past couple of months. :)
This discussion has been closed.