Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Space Marine Bust

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
BrianP polycounter lvl 7
Here is what i started this week! probably going to be working on it this weekend. Really trying to focus in on the proportions and get the major shapes down. no crazy details for now. I'm not sure where to cut it off for the bust though. Should i put the entire arm in there? or just hint at it? would love feedback if anyone has anything to add!

Reference Sheet:

Refrence_Sheet.jpg

Current WIP:

wiprenders.jpg

wiprenders.jpg
wiprenders.jpg

Replies

• Der Hollander
    Just at first glance, your body is way too small. Astartes physique is all about bulk. What you've got is more like a regular human in a suit of power armour. The overall shape of the armor doesn't look too bad, it's a little flat though. Give it some more size on the green axis (x? I can't really tell)and the shape/silhouette of the torso should be getting close. I think The shoulder pads might be too small, bit I can't tell with the head size. Make the head about... 60-70% of the size you have now and check it against your reference again.

Keep cracking at it, I do love me some 40k.

Also, your bottom 2 image links are broken.
  • BrianP
    Offline / Send Message
    BrianP polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks Der Hollander

I scaled the head down a little bit. good catch on the body size. ill try and work on the thickness tomorow but im done for tonight.

Gif of what i did tonight:

WIP_Renders-1.gif
  • Ikosan
    I'd go for a more 'masculine' face, these guys have been through one hell of a hormone replacement theropy. Think big lantern jaw and heavy brow, and constantly scowling. Maybe thats just my personal opinion though:)