Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

3D animation- Seeking students of Autodesk Maya

Hello
my name is Sharif york
Im looking to start a project that will most likely benefit portfolio's of many different subjects such as the following:
- Modeling
- Animation
- Rigging
- Concept art
- scripting
- Texturing

This is an animation project mainly done in Autodesk maya, Student version to be specific. Specifically for artist who want to improve upon their portfolio, resume, etc. This isn't a paid gig, so money isn't involved atm. Just your time, and the motivation of other students.

- About the project-
Software to be used-
Autodesk maya
Photoshop

-

The project is a video animation that consist of character animations, sci-fi futuristic interior design, and a short story to go along with it. It will require concept art to get the project flowing for the modeling portion. Scripting using maya's Mel or python to implement neat improvements to the project, and last but not least the animation. Complex animations that require the use of the graph editor and different interfaces of maya.
- On a side note, I will do my best to help whomever with these features of Maya.

About me
- Currently a college student, with a major in Business, and minor in graphics design. This semester im also learning Japanese as a third language, and learning Autodesk maya on the side, and improving my modeling and animation skills atm. I have 7 years of experience with these two subjects, but I moved to a more professional program such as Maya. My goal with this project is to have a small team put together to make something fun, and to learn on the way, and also to improve my portfolio. Im actually a easily motivated person and I enjoy meeting people, especially people from around the world. I have goals to travel the world, and maybe live in Japan.
- My nationality- Mixed
I know a bit of Mel scripting in maya, but the animation side of Maya is what Im gearing towards. Im using Digital tutors to improve my workflow within Maya as well.

- Things I can help with if others join
- Modeling
- Animation
- Texturing

Currently looking for -
(I will update this part to whomever has these areas)
-
Character animators (ability to animate in Maya- using complex rigs)

Character/prop rigging artist (Ability to rig complex characters, use of the attribute editor and channel ctrl, create sliders, etc)

3d modelers /// texture artist

- Exterior/interior artist(pretty much the level design of things)

This project is meant for students but if your an experienced artist/animator/ Graphics designer feel free to contact me, your welcome to join.

This project will be organized as well -
- We will use- skype/ mumble to communicate
- Dropbox/ Evernote to show and share work from one another.

Contact info-
If you are interested in the project please email me at
I will provide more backend story information about the video animation when you email me-

rifyork@gmail.com
or chat with me-
- skype name- sharif.york / reefy
- If you email me(which I prefer- Please provide the following so I wont get confused with other emails
- Name and area of interest to work on
- skills/ or areas you want to improve on

Thanks
Im looking forward to hearing from others.