Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

[Looking For] Texturer for Student Game Project

Hello,

My name is Neetu and I'm the Lead Artist for Toward the Stars, a USC Advanced Games project. As Advanced Games is a capstone project for CS Games majors, we have many programmers and are now looking to bolster our ranks by recruiting an experience-seeking, driven 3D Texturer. As a student project, this is an unpaid opportunity, but all participating members of our team will have their in-game work presented to industry professionals at USC's Spring Demo Day.

To give you an idea of what the game looks like, here's the trailer.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ApMZEGTtqE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ApMZEGTtqE[/ame]

In short, Toward the Stars is a first-person, cooperative space adventure in which the player selects and completes missions while also protecting their ship from the perils of space travel. If working on this kind of game interests you, please read on!

What Your Job Will Be:
  • Creating 2D textures for pre-existing 3D assets
  • Opportunity to also create 3D models in addition to 2D textures if primary responsibilities have been completed

What We Need From You:
  • Texturing based on concept art, on existing UV maps, on existing models
  • Knowledge of 3D tools such as Maya or Blender
  • Ability to create UV maps for models
  • Responsive to emails and unafraid to ask for help when needed

Things That Make You Cooler:
  • Understanding of Unreal Engine 4
  • Knowledge of an image processing software (Photoshop, GIMP, PaintTool SAI)
  • A willingness to contribute and be a part of a team

We don't care as to the method of your texturing, whether you paint directly on the models or like to overlay a UV map on a 2D image. As long as the final product is a 2D image, it's acceptable.

If you're interested in the opportunity, please contact me via neetugeo@usc.edu. Be sure to include "[PolyCount Texturer] YOUR NAME" in the title.