Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

[WANTED] 3D Artist for Established Project

Hello!

My name is Davy and I am the Art Director at Archetype Studios. We are looking to expand our art team by adding a 3D Modeler who is interested in joining our team to gain experience, add fodder to their portfolio, and work with passionate indie game developers. This is unpaid work as we’re an unfunded project, but all active and dedicated members of the team will share in the financial success of the project upon release. If you are interested, please shoot me an email at davidr@archetypestudios.net, message me on the polycount forums, or post your contact information here and we’ll reach out to you as soon as we can.

Responsibilities

Be active and provide a base level of commitment each week (exact hours and timing flexible)
Produce content on a schedule
Long-term project dedication
Good communication with teammates regarding deadlines and expectations - we have team members from around the world working on this project and collaborate virtually so this is crucial

Required Skills

Modelling from concept
Knowledge of a 3D tool such as 3DS Max, Maya, or Blender
UV Mapping
Retopology
High poly to low poly baking
Working knowledge of basic skills with Photoshop or similar

Nice to Have

Solid texture work & knowledge of PBR
Familiar with Unreal 4
2D and concept skills
Sculpting with tools like ZBrush, Mudbox, etc
A love for Tribes and Tribes-like games :)

About Archetype Studios

Archetype Studios was formed by the core members of the community-led development team for Legions: Overdrive, but has since grown and now has members from around the globe, including the United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Latvia and the UK.

Project Z

"Project Z" is the working title for our currently unreleased FPS-Z game. Tribes and Legions players will feel at home since Project Z will emphasize freedom of movement and a focus on competitive and casual team play. We announced the project in the Summer of 2014 to our core community, and during Fall 2014 and Winter 2015 we’ve been steadily releasing content to the community. To see a full sample of what we’ve released to our core community base, check out our Facebook and Twitter pages. Here are a couple of the latest art releases:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyrrm7snzp4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyrrm7snzp4[/ame]

xlVjr6B.png

Replies

• davy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello,

We have made some great additions to our team and are looking for more! If any are interested please reach out!

Thanks,

Davy
    Archetype Studios
  • samboosa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    davy wrote: »
    Hello,

We have made some great additions to our team and are looking for more! If any are interested please reach out!

Thanks,

Davy
    Archetype Studios

Hello Davy,

I sent you an email to see if you're still looking for help (won't post my email here for fear of spambots),

- Jasper V.