Home Technical Talk

Polypaint keeps disappearing after i export mesh

loggie24
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
Hi there. I have a problem with polypaint in ZB. Yesturday, i was working with polypainting my model, and i didn't run into any similar issue. The problem i have now is whenever i export my model i have polypainted, then re-import it back into ZB polypaint is gone. Doesn't help to click colorize or anything really. Tried both FBX and obj and i have the same issue. Not sure why this is suddenly happening.

I even check the .obj files in notepad to see if there is any vertex color information in it and there is, just doesn't show up.

Even when i go back to one of my latest quicksaves i did while polypainting, it's gone...

Any help would be greatly appriciated :)

Replies

• loggie24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    loggie24 polycounter lvl 3
    Bump. After some troubleshooting i have come to the conclusion that this happens only if i exit zbrush at any time after export, then if i try to open zbrush again and re-import it's all gone. Not sure if this is a bug or something i'm missing.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Save as a ztool to preserve any data that is zbrush specific.

When you import a model from another format it may update the vertex position or UVs, but polypaint generally isn't imported with it.