Home General Discussion

League Players

I have been wanting to play with people but there are so many toxic people that play the game. I'm sure that there are some polyers out there that play LoL. We could start a thread, skype group, or fb page? If you have quit because of toxic people try adding some of the Summoners below, I'm sure you'd get a more positive experience. Leave your Summoner Name if you'r looking to have a good time. May break them up in to division ex. Bronze, Silver, Gold, ext... leave your opinions on this please.

Edit # 1:

List of Summoners Names

Assassinaded- Assassinaded
Ispheria - IspherianBlade
moose - Vikron
BoBo_the_seal- bobo is promode

Replies

• Ispheria
    Offline / Send Message
    Ispheria polycounter lvl 3
    I'm game. I'm like Cardboard 5 though, so there's no way I'm going to be toxic lol. (Actually just unranked but still). I mainly play League for the lulz
  • Mstankow
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    How people behave in MOBAs is exactly why I never bothered to try or learn to play one. I want to try LoL at some point because I've done a bunch of stuff for it but I don't want to deal with constantly getting booted from games from not knowing what I am doing and all the other negativity surrounding the genre.
  • AtticusMars
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Luckily you can't get kicked from LoL games, you just get verbally abused until you quit forever

I believe Mit Romney would call this the self-deportation strategy
  • Slipstream
    Offline / Send Message
    Slipstream polycounter lvl 19
    Mute everyone once you're in game. It's the only way to be sure you'll have a stress free experience.
  • FullSynch
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
    You may be in luck.

http://kotaku.com/league-of-legends-testing-new-system-for-banning-asshol-1609278423

(It's a short and to the point article I had coincidentally seen just earlier today.)
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    I've run into my fair share of douchenozzles in that game, and maybe I have thick skin... but they never deterred me from enjoying the game. That end of match 'report' button is there for a reason. I kept a zero tolerance for that shit, any racial slur, negativity, bitching, etc i'd report. You can do something about toxicity in that game, just have to get involved, report people, and participate in the Tribunal. Never turn on all chat, keep it to your team - there is no reason to talk to everyone. If someone is a dickhole, mute them. Sometimes those dickholes know what they're talking about though, when learning how to play - they just have no idea how to communicate to other human beings. You can turn the tides by not letting it have an effect on you, and calmly dealing with them by engaging in discussions.

That said, my summoner name is Vikron.

Haven't played in a while, but have wanted to get back into it! Need to qualify for ranked games, hit 30 forever ago and never got placed.

i like to think of that game like any other sport. If you were to play a pickup game of baseball with some dudes, had no idea what to do, and you ran to 3rd when you hit the ball - chances are everyone will yell at you. Best bet is to chalk it up to not knowing and learn! Some people will just default to yelling in League "OMG WHY YOU KSING" "IM THE FUCKING CARRY STOP STEALING MY CS" "WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU IN BOT NOOBFAG?!" which sucks, but can always respond to them calmly to learn why they're yelling :)
  • NegevPro
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I'd like to learn how to play a MOBA one day since there seems to be 3 new games in the genre released weekly, but the community of every one I've tried is awful. I remember back with Dota 1 in WC3, you were instantly kicked/banned from a lobby if you had a downloading percentage next to your name when joining a lobby (indicating you didn't have that version of the map) because people assumed you were a noob.

I got thrown onto a team of people with over 4000 hours played on their Steam accounts in Dota 2 during my 3rd match ever. Of course I was terrible, but there was endless shit talk for almost the entire match, and I've had the same experience on LoL also. I don't get why the people playing these games are such assholes. Counterstrike is a much more competitive game and you almost never see trash talking among teammates at LEM+ ranks.
  • Assassinaded
    NegevPro wrote: »
    I'd like to learn how to play a MOBA one day since there seems to be 3 new games in the genre released weekly, but the community of every one I've tried is awful. I remember back with Dota 1 in WC3, you were instantly kicked/banned from a lobby if you had a downloading percentage next to your name when joining a lobby (indicating you didn't have that version of the map) because people assumed you were a noob.

I got thrown onto a team of people with over 4000 hours played on their Steam accounts in Dota 2 during my 3rd match ever. Of course I was terrible, but there was endless shit talk for almost the entire match, and I've had the same experience on LoL also. I don't get why the people playing these games are such assholes. Counterstrike is a much more competitive game and you almost never see trash talking among teammates at LEM+ ranks.

The toxic people start around lvl 15 or so but unless they are smurfing your first few games until lvl 5 are against bots.
  • thatanimator
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    I've been waiting for a LoL thread on polycount!
    all this dota2 spam makes me sad! :P

I'm on EUW right now, silver3 (climbed from bronze5 in a week, didn't wanna climb more)
    gonna move to the other side of the planet very soon, so I'll be moving my account over to NA

since EU > NA I'm expecting silver3 to be around challenger level ;ppp
  • Assassinaded
    So how do we wanna go about this? A list of people on here or fb page? I fell a fb page would be better as we can post videos and do chats and what not.
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    My first game on LoL... actually it wasn't the first game, I didn't get past the waiting room... The host suspected I'm Asian from my Username, said he hated Japanese ppl cuz of Pearl Harbor and his gramp served in the Navy, and he kicked me right away... So, I uninstalled the game right after :P No regret.

Ps. Please tell me the average LoL players are better than that dude.
  • Francois_K
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    PyrZern wrote: »
    My first game on LoL... actually it wasn't the first game, I didn't get past the waiting room... The host suspected I'm Asian from my Username, said he hated Japanese ppl cuz of Pearl Harbor and his gramp served in the Navy, and he kicked me right away... So, I uninstalled the game right after :P No regret.

Ps. Please tell me the average LoL players are better than that dude.

That reminds me of a classmate I had who hated me because I had a French name and suspected me of being French , even though I'm German , he always thought he was offending me with some anti-French stuff.

I had no idea what was going on , it was too ridiculous to comprehend.
  • thatanimator
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    PyrZern wrote: »
    The host [...] kicked me right away

what?
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    So how do we wanna go about this? A list of people on here or fb page? I fell a fb page would be better as we can post videos and do chats and what not.

The best way would be to start editing your post listing polycount user's summoner names. example:

Ispheria - Cardboard5
    moose - Vikron

There is also this thread, which has a ton of polycounter's summoner names, and more vivid discussion about gameplay instead of just how people are mean on the internet.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1392252#post1392252
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    BoBo - OMNOM BoBo - My Main, built for ARAMS but not very ARAM built anymore
    BoBo - BoBo the seal - My pokemon account. I own all champions, working on all skins
    BoBo - TRYHARD BoBo - My new ARAM account (low level right now) HARDCORE RAM!
    BoBo - YORDLE AY EE HOO - My all Yordle account

Please send Mystery skins!

HIGHFIVE!

- BoBo
  • Ispheria
    Offline / Send Message
    Ispheria polycounter lvl 3
    moose wrote: »
    The best way would be to start editing your post listing polycount user's summoner names. example:

Ispheria - Cardboard5
    moose - Vikron

There is also this thread, which has a ton of polycounter's summoner names, and more vivid discussion about gameplay instead of just how people are mean on the internet.

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1392252#post1392252

Actually my league name is IspherianBlade. I was making a joke about how bad my rank is, saying it's cardboard 5 instead of bronze 5
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    ah, mah bad :)

bobo is promode
  • Shrike
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Playing LoL aswell, Platin 5 only tho, not bothering with ranked
    just playing normal for fun from time to time

Problem is not with LoL or moba games, the problem lies with humanity and with pvp.

PVP gets people frustrated, so you get a lot of rage in PVP games obviously

The rest is just humanity. Especially in lower levels and when you start you get the worst people, children and people that are just bad and plain stupid, constantly ranting, thats why they are in such low bracked and playing with the new people and others of their kind. If you get further ahead it gets progressivly better, but most people cant handle PVP games, and half of them rage, and the other half of them leaves it alone. You cant blame the game for childish and stupid humans.

Also moba games are some of the most non casual games there are, maybe the visuals do not look alike, but it takes months and years to play at a good level and you can only master it to a low degree.