Home Marmoset

Update mesh

Altea
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Altea polycounter lvl 6
Is possible to update them mesh in Marmoset? I only did some minor geometry changes and I would like to update the current mesh without starting from scratch.:)

Thanks

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Auto-mesh reloading is something we will likely add in a future update. For now, you will need to delete your mesh and re-import.

We've added material ID support in our internal build, which reads the material id names and creates blank materials with the same name, which are applied to the appropriate sections of your mesh. If those materials already esist, it will automatically apply them on re-import as well. This makes re-importing meshes a lot easier, and should be included in the next update.
  • zikman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It sounds great!
  • repete
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    EarthQuake the ability to update the mesh would be a life saver :poly121:
  • hansolocambo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hansolocambo polycounter lvl 8
    And now, in august 2017, is it possible to update the mesh without losing all the work done on optimising textures and lights ?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And now, in august 2017, is it possible to update the mesh without losing all the work done on optimising textures and lights ?
    It certainly is. I'm not sure exactly what problem you're having, can you explain the issue with detailed steps describing how to reproduce it?
  • KotBigimot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KotBigimot polycounter lvl 3
    I don't know if anybody still looks at this old thread. But I'd really like to know if there is an ''update mesh'' option, and where to find it. If you know, please tell me!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know if anybody still looks at this old thread. But I'd really like to know if there is an ''update mesh'' option, and where to find it. If you know, please tell me!
    When you import a mesh file (obj, fbx), you'll get a file reference object. From this object you toggle auto-reloading (on by default), manually reload the file (reload button) or replace the file (... button).

If you remove the mesh objects (blue cube icon) from the file reference object, auto-reloading will no longer work and you'll have to manually import the file again.