Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    bladeshot wrote: »
    Heck yeah! Finally! It's been 2 years since my last accepted item :D

Cosmetic_icon_Dragonterror.png?version=12e56c9781af5c74ff82ffaa1e3b3538

2 years!!!! wow, congrats!!!! nice to see more PA's sets around!
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharing some work on Anuxi's and Danidem's morph set

Here is the particle effect i've been working to fit the set. it started with a lot of ice but we decided to change to not look too much jakyro ice path
    608f17275f.jpg
    There is also some particles on the main model to make it look cooler (with some snow and heavy smokes being created)
    9f8abe9ff2.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIu5olB87Y"]Morph particles 02 - YouTube[/ame]
  • cottonwings
    Damn tvidotto, I'm in love with the details you put in your particles. Worth the effort!

Terrorblade Set is close to completion, I did the concept and texture while Bernoully modelled and sculpted everything. Metamorphosis still in progress, can't wait to see it complete!

It sure feels good to see perfectly looped gifs...

PcU16wc.png

wCXwYL7.png

hwv5lbv.gif
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn tvidotto, I'm in love with the details you put in your particles. Worth the effort!

Terrorblade Set is close to completion, I did the concept and texture while Bernoully modelled and sculpted everything. Metamorphosis still in progress, can't wait to see it complete!

It sure feels good to see perfectly looped gifs...

the silhouette in game is looking GREAT! loved it
  • Snowstorm
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    Sharing some work on Anuxi's and Danidem's morph set

Here is the particle effect i've been working to fit the set. it started with a lot of ice but we decided to change to not look too much jakyro ice path
    608f17275f.jpg
    There is also some particles on the main model to make it look cooler (with some snow and heavy smokes being created)
    9f8abe9ff2.jpg

That morph set is looking sick!
  • MdK
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    @TVidotto: That set and particles are looking awesome!

@cottonwings: I'm really digging the set and I'm not accusing you of anything but looks like you had a really similar idea on the weapon to BladeOfEvil'sBane with the mouth and eyes.

0462793B7A7FA7B612CC562B437130FD23692E7A
  • cottonwings
    @MDK : I had no idea we share the same idea on face-inspired weapon! I already had the initial thought when TB was released for workshop. Sorry about that :(
  • marul
    Offline / Send Message
    marul polycounter lvl 7
    @tvidotto: i like how the set turned out, completely out of the box. (kudos to danidem and anuxi too). How about that particle editor tutorial you promised us? ;)
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Tvidotto I can totally see Morph saying "NOW I AM COMPLETE!!!" Seriously those particles both look awesome and are neat addition to already fantastic set. I am totally looking forward seeing that on workshop :)
  • vikk0
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6
    @Chemical Alia: amazing set as always guys!!
    @Vayne4800: Looking great! But if you allow me, I'd suggest to you when doing the detailing, to do some irregular bevel on it. That way it'd look more like rock! But it looks fantastic so far, very clean sculpt :)
    @Anuxi/Vidotto: Wow, thats sick!!! Model is great and the particles are icing on the cake :D
    @cottonwings: The silhouette and colors are fantastic!

Damn you guys!! Your work are fucking inspiring :)
  • Prosomogy
    @Vidotto: Legendary ;3

Another one weapon for PL :)
    Zirconus

268x268.resizedimage

3.gif?extra=eEgJPeUBAX7ZWyYXgSxdWx5DkNLZHt9UYsU6E3m7NZsIWY4sQDcJxMRXYt5Nz3JNztF1ZBhOJdjRXpfmsFEZChI86lJRdLc
  • The Horse Strangler
    Offline / Send Message
    The Horse Strangler polycounter lvl 3
    I think you REALLY need to make an effort diversify your collaborations. Ka'as is clearly at the recycling point of concepting. Outside of the similair designs, that weapon is 100% unfitting for PL.
  • Robobobo
    Offline / Send Message
    Robobobo polycounter lvl 6
    MfQiKJm.png
    razor concept...
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    @MDK and CottonWings - huge thanks for the support on that

I am always worried the polycount feedback =]
    marul wrote: »
    @tvidotto: i like how the set turned out, completely out of the box. (kudos to danidem and anuxi too). How about that particle editor tutorial you promised us? ;)

Well, i tried something towards that couple days ago, i got all the videos of my stream while doing the relic sword and exported to youtube. but 2 of them twitch cant export, i dont know why ...

Since they accepted my particles, it may be a good study, but it was not made to be a tutorial, it is slow and probably boring

Here is the playlist
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IIF_EDunVk&list=PLERxoOzmzeFM3bk7jTp7KazPWonuwsrlJ
    Konras wrote: »
    @Tvidotto I can totally see Morph saying "NOW I AM COMPLETE!!!" Seriously those particles both look awesome and are neat addition to already fantastic set. I am totally looking forward seeing that on workshop :)

awesome!!! huge thanks sir!! =]
    vikk0 wrote: »
    @Anuxi/Vidotto: Wow, thats sick!!! Model is great and the particles are icing on the cake :D

Damn you guys!! Your work are fucking inspiring :)

yay!!
    Prosomogy wrote: »
    @Vidotto: Legendary ;3

Another one weapon for PL :)
    Zirconus

268x268.resizedimage

3.gif?extra=eEgJPeUBAX7ZWyYXgSxdWx5DkNLZHt9UYsU6E3m7NZsIWY4sQDcJxMRXYt5Nz3JNztF1ZBhOJdjRXpfmsFEZChI86lJRdLc
    I think you REALLY need to make an effort diversify your collaborations. Ka'as is clearly at the recycling point of concepting. Outside of the similair designs, that weapon is 100% unfitting for PL.

Ty Prosomogy!!!

@horse, you have a good point about recycling the concept but try to avoid comments like "that weapon is 100% unfitting for PL"
    It not up to you or any other of us to decide if something fits or not the hero, so try to state that is your opinion and not a common sense. That will make your feedback more friendly =]
  • The Horse Strangler
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I'm beating a dead horse at this point (hue) but I agree with others commenting on Prosto sticking strictly to Ka'as concepts. You should definitely try to collab with some other artists out there. If Ka'as is your bro then it's understandable; in that case try and focus more on approaching items together from a different angle. Specifically looking more at the base design of a hero.

It's great to have a "signature" look to your art. People will instantly say "that's a ka'as design!" Which can both be great and hurtful depending on how you iterate your designs.
  • agito666
    tumblr_n6zl0oeO921sxkih7o1_1280.jpg

i'm out of idea for sets...:poly142:
  • rigge
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    I think I'm beating a dead horse at this point (hue) but I agree with others commenting on Prosto sticking strictly to Ka'as concepts. You should definitely try to collab with some other artists out there. If Ka'as is your bro then it's understandable; in that case try and focus more on approaching items together from a different angle. Specifically looking more at the base design of a hero.

It's great to have a "signature" look to your art. People will instantly say "that's a ka'as design!" Which can both be great and hurtful depending on how you iterate your designs.

There's no reason to try to help someone who doesn't want to be helped. We constantly try to give him tips on how to improve and make better stuff not only on Polycount but also on the Hangout, about masks, sculpting, concepts, etc, but apparently they fall on deaf ears. Don't want to stir up any drama, because his work isn't bad, but most of its quality comes from the great textures, even though most of the items look like carbon copies of each other. Just trying to say that there's no point on even bothering to try to help when the advice doesn't make a difference.

Anyway, lots of great stuff last page! The Morphling set is looking baller! Gotta be one of my favorites for the hero so far. From concept to models, textures and now particles and animations, I really love every part of it. The TB set from cottonwings is super slick and clean, which I love, and I quite like that Razor concept, different from other stuff I've seen from him but it's still recognizable as Razor with some nice shapes.

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • Darren Pinard
    Offline / Send Message
    Darren Pinard polycounter lvl 3
    @Robobobo I am a huge fan of that concept, great work.
  • The Horse Strangler
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun wrote: »
    There's no reason to try to help someone who doesn't want to be helped. We constantly try to give him tips on how to improve and make better stuff not only on Polycount but also on the Hangout, about masks, sculpting, concepts, etc, but apparently they fall on deaf ears. Don't want to stir up any drama, because his work isn't bad, but most of its quality comes from the great textures, even though most of the items look like carbon copies of each other. Just trying to say that there's no point on even bothering to try to help when the advice doesn't make a difference.

Anyway, lots of great stuff last page! The Morphling set is looking baller! Gotta be one of my favorites for the hero so far. From concept to models, textures and now particles and animations, I really love every part of it. The TB set from cottonwings is super slick and clean, which I love, and I quite like that Razor concept, different from other stuff I've seen from him but it's still recognizable as Razor with some nice shapes.

Keep up the good work everyone!

This is why I took the approach I did in my initial post. That being said I completely agree with you belkun.

On a completely different note; this is a bit late but here it is:

FD06608E985434AF709713A3A96A5B0A9ACBCE77

637x358.resizedimage

Been working on this one for a while with Jovagroff and Godzy.
  • agito666
    Robobobo wrote: »
    MfQiKJm.png
    razor concept...

for first glance i thought that is Lich due to the skirt flow looks like that hehe.... then when i see the weapon part i thought that is Elder Titan's weapon...

till i read that is Razor's concept XD

*but do you forget to paint front view for the arm slot?

and also horns at the back of the razor seems like kind of similar at the workshop submission there.
    (not to mention the flow at the abdomen area, the V-shape flow, but that is generic design so not really need to worry about)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=227636777&searchtext=
    2CE8F10C445B58487A47B61F9FF9DE5D94836A26

*because i'm refining my old razor concept and checking workshop submission to avoid clashing idea.
  • Robobobo
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun, Darren Pinard, thanks mates :)

agito666, at leasts i didnt change color scheme :D
    his arms were rotated on reference piece, if willypup will have problems with them ill draw him more views :p
  • agito666
    belkun, Darren Pinard, thanks mates :)

agito666, at leasts i didnt change color scheme :D
    his arms were rotated on reference piece, if willypup will have problems with them ill draw him more views :p

not really to oppose you or what, just wonder why you put "face" element in razor's armor and weapon? since original razor pretty much looks like in a knight armor (without leg)...

also check back my previous modified comment :P

btw, i like how you design the skirt. (though that is kinda reminds me the WC3 lich, which makes me comment that reminds me lich hehe )
  • agito666
    MdK wrote: »
    @TVidotto: That set and particles are looking awesome!

@cottonwings: I'm really digging the set and I'm not accusing you of anything but looks like you had a really similar idea on the weapon to BladeOfEvil'sBane with the mouth and eyes.

0462793B7A7FA7B612CC562B437130FD23692E7A

i don't know, for me i don't see the similarity. :)
    thanks to TB's arcana's preview animation, everyone will make a face with that. (include me) :poly142:
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Just released our Death Prophet set that I did with Arty, The Horse Strangler, and Harry. Take a peek if you like spooky treats.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=269696947

2B933804529FA42A8B06DE54D4BDDCBBADAAD3FD

Here's some high quality gifs of the particles we did for the set.

SparseWeirdGoshawk.gif

ColdHorribleAfricangoldencat.gif
  • PoPcorn
    Those particles look pretty cool. I wish valve would let us know how complex we are realistically allowed to go with particles.
  • agito666
    that's cool!! got extra picture to put with DP's immortal to show off legs? XD
  • Automedic
    I dig the set and the silence effect a lot - nice work on that!

In my opinion the Crypt Swarm gets pretty noisy with those birds, though. They don't read very well in the wake of this dark purple effect because the wave takes away most of the contrast their colour would otherwise offer to the brackground. This causes the trails with the light purple flares to draw a lot of the attention away from the birds. They end up being the darkest, least prominent particles of the effect which causes their hasty animations to create a lot of noise that makes it a bit exhausting to look at.

I think if you would swap the position of the crypt swarm wave and the birds (positioning the birds in front of the wave) those unique models would be more prominent and the effect would generally be more calm.
  • Robobobo
    Offline / Send Message
    agito666, V shape is common for armor :3 Horns on back is expectable solution for lightning dudes + horns themselfes are quite different
    Idk bout faces, just wanted to put them there :0

PS, didnt check workshop submissions for razor when I drew :]
  • lindkvast
    Offline / Send Message
    lindkvast polycounter lvl 6
    I've searched and searched without result, so I'll just ask - is there a certain day that is better for submitting items than another or is that totally random?
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    those particles!!! so nice!!! loved!
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
  • foxclover
    Zip, it's gorgeous, you all did a great job. That said, as a nitpick, I think the connection point between the neck feathers and her shawl is extremely weak. It doesn't look like it attaches well. I think you can get away with this in the in game view, which is why I hesitate to say anything, but it's pretty prominent in the portrait - at least to me. It was one of those things that immediately jumped out at me, which isn't a good thing.

Either way, set is good. She looks gorgeous! And so elegant. :D

Agito> SOME OF US DON'T HAVE THE ARCANA OK :<
  • agito666
    foxclover wrote: »
    Zip, it's gorgeous, you all did a great job. That said, as a nitpick, I think the connection point between the neck feathers and her shawl is extremely weak. It doesn't look like it attaches well. I think you can get away with this in the in game view, which is why I hesitate to say anything, but it's pretty prominent in the portrait - at least to me. It was one of those things that immediately jumped out at me, which isn't a good thing.

Either way, set is good. She looks gorgeous! And so elegant. :D

Agito> SOME OF US DON'T HAVE THE ARCANA OK :<

dont worry, i don't have ARCANA either.
    highlight here < i only complete collect TI4 immortals by being begger in tumblr, draw r/34 which i never draw before :3 , owh i like tumblr community. >till here
  • vertical
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    I've been working on this. Yay, another Sven set! Yeah I know. :)
    WIP:
    QoeZhXF.png
  • heboltz3
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    vertical wrote: »

There is something about this that I absolutely love, but I'm still not sure what it is. Good stuff.
  • sadies
    Zipfinator : Ahh, tremendous job! Hope it makes it ingame soon, would love to get my hands on it :D

Horse Strangler: that Lich set is looking really COOL
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Alright, it's time for a new submission!!!
    Damathryx Legacy for Dark Seer is finally finished.
    Link on the image ;)

PFMjStx.jpg

rIWmRMQ.gifIwbbX6d.gif
  • Reza
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    vertical wrote: »
    WIP:
    QoeZhXF.png
    heboltz3 wrote: »
    There is something about this that I absolutely love, but I'm still not sure what it is. Good stuff.

Asymmetry and Badassness
  • nerdyiam
    hello everyone I have a WIP dagger for riki. I made in blender and gimp so it may be a bit low quality.
    lsqWHAK.png
    pEhdgkN.png
    I'm new to the forum so criticize as much as you like, I likely need it. :)
  • heboltz3
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Reza wrote: »
    Asymmetry and Badassness

no.

Motenai, the level of excellence you bring to the table in promo shots always astounds me. Raising the roooof!
  • agito666
    nerdyiam wrote: »
    hello everyone I have a WIP dagger for riki. I made in blender and gimp so it may be a bit low quality.

I'm new to the forum so criticize as much as you like, I likely need it. :)

that is kind of like VERY similar with my concept i post earlier 3 months ago. :)

4Y9FJ9e.jpg

edited: i think need add more some stuff to make dagger looks more richer.
    i doesn't mean the basic shape, i mean it can be jewery, gold , or something to make it more richer. :)(just don't make it like mine then is okay XD )
    =============================================

add-on: courier idea up to grab :)
    a5Eh9qR.jpg

yeah i know it looks like starwars alien i forget what it's name...well i'm aiming that direction with little red riding hood as base XD
  • AndrewHelenek
  • agito666

totally doesn't looks same. :|
    my point is the basic shape of the weapon... (inb4 i know people will talk the basic dagger shape in workshop)

the one in the link looks more like B or D, and in same picture the other 2 falls under C or E.

while my and his one looks like A. ( he can go for shape BCDE, but it really does looks like A)

glQjvBZ.jpg
  • BladeofEvilsBane
    i don't know, for me i don't see the similarity. :)
    thanks to riki's loadout animation, everyone will make a dagger with that. (include me) :poly142:
  • agito666
    (modified previous post)

okay my fault, my "similarity" search engine set too high till i look at things i will judge on basic shape first instead of element/theme of the item.
    Because i'm headache for thinking a unique shape hook for pudge set...

and being a little tension when reading the Prosomogy's recent post about similarity weapon design.

and thanks again andrew for the inspiration source you post (though i know your sarcasm point there, but i still think it is very similar with first glance for the shape)
  • agito666
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    At the end of the day day it shouldn't make a difference. It doesn't matter if someone copies your idea because it's not like any idea on the workshop is original. There is always something an idea pulls inspiration from.

In my own experiences, when I first posted the Chicken courier to the workshop back in the day, after it's success and rising on the workshop collecting lots of votes, a week later another individual posted his version of the same idea. I didn't get all defensive and throw accusations or even bother asking him to not do it or pull it down. I simply used it as a driving force to say, well, a chicken is a solid idea, now I have competition, I can only strive to make it better so if a situation did arise where valve were to choose, they would have no choice but to choose mine. That drive eventually made the chicken into what it is today.

My point is, if someone is to take your idea, use it as a weapon against them to push yourself further. This goes for anyone that has ever made any sort of accusation like this in the past.
  • agito666
    At the end of the day day it shouldn't make a difference. It doesn't matter if someone copies your idea because it's not like any idea on the workshop is original. There is always something an idea pulls inspiration from.

In my own experiences, when I first posted the Chicken courier to the workshop back in the day, after it's success and rising on the workshop collecting lots of votes, a week later another individual posted his version of the same idea. I didn't get all defensive and throw accusations or even bother asking him to not do it or pull it down. I simply used it as a driving force to say, well, a chicken is a solid idea, now I have competition, I can only strive to make it better so if a situation did arise where valve were to choose, they would have no choice but to choose mine. That drive eventually made the chicken into what it is today.

My point is, if someone is to take your idea, use it as a weapon against them to push yourself further. This goes for anyone that has ever made any sort of accusation like this in the past.

i get your point, i was paranoid and sounds very harsh in the previous post in hte recent prosomogy recent design. my bad. i already alter the post and put suggestion.

also because that time when i first draw void's set ver.1 (i think it is quite unique) http://i.imgur.com/MklUXHI.png

and i got told i'm doing same thing for magno's void set (he advise me to change to looks not same, not saying copying each other, just inspired from same anime)
    http://i.imgur.com/tksffKk.png

but from that time i start become paranoid and wanted to cut all the similarity "connection" in workshops.

my point is, ya, my fault...
  • agito666
    agito666, V shape is common for armor :3 Horns on back is expectable solution for lightning dudes + horns themselfes are quite different
    Idk bout faces, just wanted to put them there :0

PS, didnt check workshop submissions for razor when I drew :]

well we know that V shape flow at abdomen is common, i actually mean i'm afraid people will say you "copying" his idea because your back horn shape really similar with that submission... just in case...:)
    (maybe it is just me, well i'm being paranoid again)