Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I don't know who she is.

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Perhaps she's a thief who recently robbed MC Hammer.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duncan polycounter lvl 11
    @ Jackablade : haha... now HE can't touch this.

Removed some of the piercings. Made a few tweeks to her face. added two pointless hair strands and continued with the pants. With the help of some cool ref the front came together fast enough but I have been busting a gut trying to sculpt the back, but with next to no ref I am lost and figured I was never going to show her from the back anyway so it really does not matter if they look rubbish or not :)

...oh and I added some shabby pockets..trying to decide how tattered I want to go with her clothes.

I still need to attach the thumbs and the head to the body and figure out if I want shoes or bare feet. Something tells me bare feet but I wanna test some shoes before I give her toes.... ahhh still so much to go...but not that much....but heaps.

pants ref :

4cc11064738b61aaa17361c975249e97.jpg

so far : I threw the back shot in just to show how rubbish it is. Not sure if I can just let it go...might have to do some paintover testing before I forget about the back and just focus on the front.

ny5oSB.jpg

more soon.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added an extra pants detail level. Might help with the back a little bit, but I still want to re-think those wrinkles.

4wwFvU.jpg

more soon.
  • joshmtyler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joshmtyler polycounter lvl 5
    I really dig where you are taking her clothing style/ reminds me a lot of Korean alternative/goth clothing. Maybe this site might help for inspiration.

http://www.virginblak.com/
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ joshmtyler : ace thankyou. Thanks for the ref really useful stuff.

NO time on this really. Well nothing that can really be seen...but I did add a hoodie thing. I am almost thinking of pushing her more towards an off kilter Princess Jasmine from Aladdin....maybe

txBIdW.jpg

more soon.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick Paintover idea.

35K3LN.jpg
  • Nuclear Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nuclear Angel polycounter
    I really love the idea of making her more of the jasmine direction. Just be careful so it does not end up being to much blue. Or make sure that you give her some maybe orange colors to balance it out. And I really dig the tattoo, really gives her an sci-fi urban middle eastern style. And in that way you can keep her cool short hair.

But she is looking amazing, so good job duncan! ^^ Really inspiring.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    Just be careful so it does not end up being to much blue... And I really dig the tattoo... But she is looking amazing, so good job duncan! ^^ Really inspiring.

+1 to all those points

are you going to have the hood be apart of the shirt or keeping it separate?
  • Nekhro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nekhro polycounter lvl 5
    I think that the colors are too strong. Right now it looks a bit like she made her clothes of a carpet.
    And the tattoo is japanese you can see by first glance.

Other than that she's a beauty!
  • ArtisticTiger
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtisticTiger polycounter lvl 5
    I know it's just a quick paintover idea, but I'm Loving this so much!
    The material reminds me of the indian "Sari" which is cool.
    Can't wait to see more.
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys and girls.

Yep that was a crazy colour test but I AM thinking about some funky colours. Just need to balance them.

Noth'n but a pair of shoes....Made a few pairs to test, I think I like these chucks the most...they do need laces though.

gd524t.jpg

Thanks again everyone.

more soon.
  • jhoythottle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jhoythottle polycounter lvl 7
    Not sure if the chucks match (which could be cool in it's own way). I'm just not a huge fan of them. I'm picturing a pair of really worn thong sandals that just sort of stay on the ground as she tip-toes out of them. Just a thought, looks excellent so far.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    I thought you were just going to rock the socks lol, with a "I do what I want" type attitude
  • duncan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ CandyStripes05 : As soon as I stepped away from the dancer thing the socks just felt weird. I hope she still has enough attitude though.

@ jhoythottle : hahah ANYTHING but sandals. I kind of always want to put chuks on my female characters..not sure why. Either way I liked the mix swapped up the hoodie too. For some reason I don't really like anything to be too much of any one thing...if you know what I mean.

Well I spent too much time thinking about this and not enough time doing it, so I guess I am a bit worn out, I think for the time being this is where I am going to stop. Still so much I wanted to do..... I mean she does not even have any eyebrows ... oh well maybe one day.

lkQ9jA.jpg

Thanks again for all of the feedback and comments everyone.... NOW for something new.
  • nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    I think this is comin' along really well! The paintover colors weren't my favorite, but the base is pretty cool now.
  • nastobi123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nastobi123 polycounter lvl 8
    oh man this is really cool !! Love the punk style. Also short looks way better.
  • Chantel-sky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chantel-sky polycounter lvl 3
    She turned out really awesome, Duncan. I really love how you did the clothing and added the wear to the ends of the sleeves and pockets. Not to mention I like the choice of BG you used.

Looking forward to seeing your next piece of work!