Home Dota 2

Agito's dum dum drawings

Replies

• agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    refining my pudge idea... was thinking wanted to make it a bird catcher or fisherman...

and random idea strikes in my head, and it reminds me a moral story that based on crane , clam and fisherman.

here goes the story:
    On a sunny day, a big clam had lain itself on a river shore. The clam opened its shell to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Meanwhile, a hungry crane flew over the river and saw the clam. It soon flew down and pecked the flesh of the clam with its beak.

Being shocked by the sudden attack, the clam closed its shell immediately and clamped the crane’s beak firmly.

The crane tried to pull its beak out of the shell but was not able to. Because of this the crane could only speak in a very strange way: “Stupid clam, open your mouth quickly. If there is no rain today and there will be no rain tomorrow, you will dry up and die in the sun.”

“You have been trapped by me. If I don’t let you go, in one or two days, you will starve to death,” the clam replied angrily.

Neither of them was willing to give up. A fisherman happened to pass by the river shore. He was able to catch both the crane and the clam without any effort.

Here is the lesson we should learn from the story: fighting can only bring trouble to both parties involved.

Fisherman-Clam-and-Crane.png

aJBLREz.jpg
  • Jewish Zebra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey!, Are those wards taken by anyone?
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i wonder how they will work without transparency..
  • Jewish Zebra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How would you make them transparent?
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    You can't. It was said before that the alphas are binary, so either transparent or opaque. Just work some wizard magic and fudge it somehow.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 wrote: »
    You can't. It was said before that the alphas are binary, so either transparent or opaque. Just work some wizard magic and fudge it somehow.

manual apply animated GIF eyeball on map :P
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    The only way i can imagine that ward working , is making a solid cylinder with the eye sticking out, then placing an eye in a cylinder with alpha, and moving it arround... doubt it would look good tho... but its simple enough that someone could give it a try.
    oooor.... particles.... but good luck with that.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dSLNBla.jpg

update a little for alchemist ward, how about this? no more alpha binary map value issue hehe....

but not sure can use in-game particle or not hehe...

got 3 set design, first one is metal base, 2nd one is brick based, 3rd one is eyeball floating with steam when the flask is still heating...

update CK set too for the shield part....
    O94e70z.jpg
  • Jewish Zebra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! Agito, i was wondering if those wards are free?
    I was wondering if you could do a concept without the particles, and/or change the style? :)
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    I'm interested in seeing where this CK set goes, it really takes him to a new look. I'm not 100% sure if the weapon will work for him but I am excited to see how all this translates into the game art.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! Agito, i was wondering if those wards are free?
    I was wondering if you could do a concept without the particles, and/or change the style? :)

ya, those concept are free to collab, so far right now only Lina and PA and undying courier taken for collab. :)

what do you mean change the style? if you are questioning the ward concept above, i purposely did few design in same picture for feedback to see which base is nicer for dota2 lore....

ward without particle? so far i have no idea for that (yet).... need wait for goddess of creativity strike my brain to give me more idea lol...
  • Jewish Zebra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hah, i heard you cant like put those particles in dota... i was looking to take the ward concept.

But as i said i heard you cant out the particles in dota
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hah, i heard you cant like put those particles in dota... i was looking to take the ward concept.

But as i said i heard you cant out the particles in dota

is that a way we can model a "solid" fire?
    well the particle is a suggestion, i wonder without those, it still looks "logic" or not if applied wiggle wobble animation there...
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne wrote: »
    I'm interested in seeing where this CK set goes, it really takes him to a new look. I'm not 100% sure if the weapon will work for him but I am excited to see how all this translates into the game art.

what's make you say that? i kinda confusing for the weapon not working part for that hehe...

the reason i wanted to use pumpkin mace because the sound file for CK hitting animation really sounds like blunted object hitting instead sharp one haha...
  • Jewish Zebra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just Makeing sure, Can i take the Wards?
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just Makeing sure, Can i take the Wards?

yup, the newer ward (or older alchemist ward) are free to collab. :)

normally if people ask for collab i will post the item/concept status as taken (or reserved) here.
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    agito666 wrote: »
    what's make you say that? i kinda confusing for the weapon not working part for that hehe...

the reason i wanted to use pumpkin mace because the sound file for CK hitting animation really sounds like blunted object hitting instead sharp one haha...

My main reasoning is that big light-colored orb might break his silhouette and be generally distracting. He also has a very swift downward swing for his default attack animation and it seems a bit heavy for that kind of motion. I think that is why all of the accepted items for him have a comparative thin profile.

But if it doesn't intersect with his model when attacking I can't see why you shouldn't give it a go anyway :D
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne wrote: »
    My main reasoning is that big light-colored orb might break his silhouette and be generally distracting. He also has a very swift downward swing for his default attack animation and it seems a bit heavy for that kind of motion. I think that is why all of the accepted items for him have a comparative thin profile.

But if it doesn't intersect with his model when attacking I can't see why you shouldn't give it a go anyway :D

you mean the 2 awkward angle orb on the pumpkin mace? that actually are spikes... >_< (or maybe i need to draw smaller size of that)

well weapon i plan to do variety design based feedback from PM... but i haven't start yet, currently finalizing PA set chest armor (you can check previous post)since it is taken..so i gotta finish it first >_<
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    :D Well I am sure you will come up with something great!

Good luck and ill keep an eye on this thread.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    little update: i m thinking pushing the spirits set... LOL
    0486__the_powerpuff_spirits_by_agito666-d717wzh.jpg
  • DotaFX
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    @agito666
    Step 1) Post on that on reddit
    Step 2) Reap massive Karma
    Step 3) Profit
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Which already happened! :D
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    refining the design for undying courier, draw more views for modeller, as earlier discussion with him, he suggest flying form Wings grow from helmet instead of hand...well what do you think?
    also helmet design i really couldn't think more than this 2 designs. just not sure still got what variation can design that looks different from undying, but still maintain as "undying" feels...

original wanted to post sketches without colour, but i think coloured is easier to "read" for my sketch for now.
    6ar2nzK.jpg
    glyI6yX.jpg
    8wZS6gp.jpg
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just realised Zambash did a hand weapon for PA and it looks nearly the same, ı recommend you to do something!

Cheers
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    *deleted this rubbish post*
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VSrN8Eq.jpg

finalizing PA set design, just not sure chast plate design , left or right?

blade wise i think i will use the dragon head instead of the flat-sheild one.

i need start re-draw a flat pattern of chest plate, blade design, and cape part for 3d modeller...i think he is headache right now lol...
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the full chestplate design is looking good, but PA doesn't have a armor slot, just shoulder. Besides the fact her poly limit is pretty generous compared to the other heros , not sure if it's wise to go full armor. Same goes to the legging thing.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the full chestplate design is looking good, but PA doesn't have a armor slot, just shoulder. Besides the fact her poly limit is pretty generous compared to the other heros , not sure if it's wise to go full armor. Same goes to the legging thing.

legging should be under belt slot, dont know, i observe other set sometimes neck part can extend to other ...

eg:

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Belt_of_the_Gleaming_Seal (name: belt slot, actual item: belt and legging)
    http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Ornaments_of_the_Gleaming_Seal name: shoulder, actual item : chest and shoulder)
    http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Viridus_Leggings (name: belt slot, actual item: legging)
    http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Bloodstained_Britches (name: back, actual item: cloth lol)

update: mockup portrait for PA and Lina. >_<
    should make this into habit when designing facial item... because i just realize i care more of hero portrait instead whole body set XD
    HsYhgp4.jpg
  • Automedic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love that PA design.

You've found the perfect spot between 1) an armour that actually appears to be made from metal and looks protective (not like it's made from paper machee and got plates randomly attached to limbs, like a lot of other PA items out there) and 2) an armour that doesn't look too bulky for an agi carry.
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Magno wasn't referring to how you split up the armor to your slots, he was referring to the poly budget you'd get per slot. All he means is to keep an eye out for how big your pieces are, or else they might be possible at all. It sucks when you have to cut out part of your design because you just can't include parts. :(
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foxclover wrote: »
    Magno wasn't referring to how you split up the armor to your slots, he was referring to the poly budget you'd get per slot. All he means is to keep an eye out for how big your pieces are, or else they might be possible at all. It sucks when you have to cut out part of your design because you just can't include parts. :(

i try as plain as possible for shoulder and armor one... that one actualy i wanted to tell 3d artist use normal map (or whatever) to cheat XD

not sure that is workable or not...
  • foxclover
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes, I figured. It's still just a warning, since that's a lot of polys already, you know? :>
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    foxclover wrote: »
    Yes, I figured. It's still just a warning, since that's a lot of polys already, you know? :>

i don't know how long the poly budget, but the bump bump surface i plan to tell him use bump map... wait...dota2 got bump map? i not really sure the term in 3d...

wait for the 3d artist complain on me that poly budget is overdue >:D
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jJQsZjJ.jpg

refined CK helm views... rear part really no idea so i leave it kinda plain haha

here is beta version: http://i.imgur.com/R0hQz1W.jpg

add on: in portrait mock up

cqsR51X.jpg
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    and got question, when submitting ward, what picture is required for workshop?

marketing picture banner? square avatar? in game screenshot?
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    Hey agito, I think I remember you saying somewhere that you're fluent in chinese? If I'm mistaken let me know.

For my "The Red Lion" legion commander set I was thinking about spelling out red lion in hanzi on her flags... are these the right symbols? 紅 獅子? And if I were to write them vertically which one would be on top? Or if I did it horizontally one on each flag, which should be on the left and which on the right?

Or if simply saying "red lion" on a flag sounds stupid in chinese maybe you could think of something cooler in chinese? Maybe something based on her lore?

Thanks for your help! (I hope I'm not wrong thinking you spoke chinese, sorry if I am!)
    and got question, when submitting ward, what picture is required for workshop?

marketing picture banner? square avatar? in game screenshot?

Marketing images are never required, they're always just extra, although some screenshots so people can see what it looks like are definitely needed.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey agito, I think I remember you saying somewhere that you're fluent in chinese? If I'm mistaken let me know.

For my "The Red Lion" legion commander set I was thinking about spelling out red lion in hanzi on her flags... are these the right symbols? 紅 獅子? And if I were to write them vertically which one would be on top? Or if I did it horizontally one on each flag, which should be on the left and which on the right?

Or if simply saying "red lion" on a flag sounds stupid in chinese maybe you could think of something cooler in chinese? Maybe something based on her lore?

Thanks for your help! (I hope I'm not wrong thinking you spoke chinese, sorry if I am!)

Marketing images are never required, they're always just extra, although some screenshots so people can see what it looks like are definitely needed.

紅獅 maybe will do, should be sounds cooler, same meaning and shorter form, as for horizontal writing, from left to right or right to left i think both will do? current chinese is L to R, old writing is R to L.

you can google and it will show result with 1-2 logo with that 2 words...
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your help! Yeah, just using 紅獅 works in google translate, I think I'll put one on each flag, left to right. Thanks again.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your help! Yeah, just using 紅獅 works in google translate, I think I'll put one on each flag, left to right. Thanks again.

i think write in vertical will be nicer... XD
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think write in vertical will be nicer... XD

It probably would look nicer but, then wouldn't I have the same thing written on both flags though? Wouldn't that be weird?
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It probably would look nicer but, then wouldn't I have the same thing written on both flags though? Wouldn't that be weird?

personally i don't feel so, i don't know the reason of why chiense write in vertical... maybe in old time they did write in vertical form, even in manga they do write in vertical form (both japanese and chinese translated form)

hmmm yup, i think it will be good to go, write on both flags i think is okay.

then explain to me, if you write in horizontal, the words will invert if you turn LC to another side?
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, I'll try doing it vertically and having it written on both flags, see how it works.

Her flag's poly's aren't double-sided, there's actually 2 layers of polys. You can have the UV's on the backside of the flag flipped to whichever direction you need.

If that weren't the case, I wouldn't be able to do this at all, because the text would be flipped horizontally on the back side of the flag.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    8pELvM0.jpg
    windrunner hair concept, now i just draw more side views and leave it here... :v
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    my first baby is out ;__; *wipes tear

LINA BURNING LOTUS SET
    ScrrxvB.jpgf0HUiK9.jpgS31Zboo.jpgbSSrvpe.jpg
    Collab with awesome nullf :D
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IQA08g1.jpg

dump unfinished shit here, i bang my head with my toe nail to get this shits...

let's play game,
    name a motive i based on, and the similar skills all 4 heroes above have?
    hint: brewnaster, lycan
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    skill is critical strike and motive is...beast i guess xDDDD

btw, love the fan idea on jugg :D
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skill is critical strike and motive is...beast i guess xDDDD

btw, love the fan idea on jugg :D

skill is right, motive is wrong... that is quite common thing in game...

another hint: Batman's nemesis
  • Insaneophobia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    WK, love it, PA, Love it, Juggernaut, Love it, CK, love it. God damn all these concepts are awesome!
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Oh god, loving this playing card suit themes. Really fit with the whole crit/luck thing, and I really like how you didn't make them super obvious.