Home Dota 2

Reyne - Workshop

Replies

• Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i think the axe´s model and texture are both technicly very good, but if i am allowed to speak honest there are already 10000000 axe axes ingame so i guess only a real genius concept would have a chance there. but i wana say it again technicly ur work is allover rly good (also the cent axe).
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Hey Shock, at this point in time I see it being pretty unrealistic that anything i make would be implemented in the game, at the moment I am using this Axe + Disruptor + Warlock idea to learn a bit more and try and get a new workflow.

Maybe after that I will start trying to target heroes that are need some love. (I have some concepts that i don't want to ruin yet...lol)

Thanks for the advice though :D
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i think ur quality is totaly good enough to be implemented into the game.
    its all about the concepts :)
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks Shock :D

I have decided to give some more concepts a go to try and get better at drawing. Here is what I have so far.

OjdmS6R.jpg
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    the wr monkey king bow looks very interesting!

btw if u if u would be interessted in collaborating i would enjoy to work with u :)

greez!
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks, I might up the resolution on the bow a bit and figure out a few things before I try and make it.

I've not really collaborated on anything before, but I would be happy to talk about it with you or anyone else :3
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Found a little bit of time to work on those concepts some more:

JzyYBbJ.jpg

3qw2KFM.jpg

Would love any feedback on whether this Dazzle idea is worth pursuing. It is based on his 'Weave' skill that gives/removes Armour to an aoe. I love dazzle and I really want to make a set for him, this is the first of two ideas I am working on.

Any suggestions about the Monkey King Bow would be great too! I know it isn't exactly like the head on the shop icon but I have tried to do a little bit of interpretation. (I'm also terrified of sculpting the head, so far I have only ever sculpted details).
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Well sculpting is hard. I've been having a go this afternoon. I think I am getting a little better at it but I have a long way to go:

f5nCEmp.jpg

I think I should have broken it into a few separate meshes...

I got this to the point that I was going to start the bow mesh and then try and fit them together. Before returning to this and cleaning it up but then it dawned on me:

DO you think that the concept in its current state has any realistic chance of fitting into the 350 tri LOD 1 budget?

Should I go back and redesign the idea with the budget in mind?
  • vertical
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    IMO, It's possible to get that bow done with major symetrical use. Those swirly detail n the middle, I suggest you use the plane approach. However you will lose the detail on bumps of the bow (golden streaks on red), the head will have the most detail. Continue with the sculpt and see what you can do. :)
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    I explored the MKB idea for a while but in the end I decided I would have to redesign the head a bit to fit it in the tri count. I might try it again with less extrusions (actually a bit more like the MKB picture to be honest). Here is where I got when I stopped.

P1CcS32.jpg

And now I am working on some new concepts. I don't have the time to really do 3D at the moment so I am just trying to keep up with some drawing. That way i have a hcance to improve :3.

6bK7Q8j.jpg

This is for Abaddon.
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    A DK concept I am working. The idea was to make a more eastern looking version of him.

Any critique would be gratefully accepted :D

gm1HJLm.jpg
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    I drew a concept on request for another poly count user 'Pastat7'

rORFbuw.jpg

A bow for Mirana
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Well I have decided to stop screwing around and actually learn how to bake properly.

Here is the sword for a DK set I am working on. I am reasonably happy with most aspects of the bake, but I have a few seams. I chopped the blade UV's up into a few parts so that I could get higher resolution, but have gotten seams along he chop lines.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for fixing this or improving what I have here in any other way.

One thing that I considered is that this could be caused from insufficient padding so when I resize the map I 'bleed' in the background area, or is splitting up a surface like this a bad idea altogether?

b8C6eI4.jpg
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    An update on that dragon knight concept, trying to push it a little further and make something a bit more interesting. I am still not sure about the helmet. Any feedback would be great!

I have started to make the base meshes, so hopefully ill have some 3D work for it soon too.
    KUhH9JC.jpg
  • MeatballWarrior
    Great work, if you get the shading right in game I can see it going through:)
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you, I will try my best to get he shading right :3

Here is a little update on the sculpting stuff. I have learned a lot about ZBrush in the process. I am still not sure my workflow is 'correct' but it is working a lot better for me than how I was using it in the past.
    zkAyLRp.jpg

I decided to think about making a transformation for the DK set too.

Sf46Sng.jpg

As always any critique will be great :3
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Got a little bored/annoyed with my mistakes on the DK set .I might revisit it at some point but I'm taking a break from it for now.

Here is my work on a Dazzle staff.
    GcDwAt4.jpg

I am going to try and take my time with this one and get each element how i want it. The feathers will probably get re-sculpted and the bark is going to be a big challenge for me.
  • vertical
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    Go with straps?
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Hey Vertical. If you think straps will look better I will try them. Otherwise I might stick with trying to figure out how to do bark that looks nice/reads well in game. I look forward to the challenge :3
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Here is what I ended up with:
    pgwLRLG.jpg

I rigged feathers to the regular hoops location, it isn't quite working how I would have liked. Too much clipping :'C. Any suggestions on fixing a problem like that would be really appreciated.

Textures, masks and rigging to go on this one and then I will be working on a Slardar mace concepted by KYoung.
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    I've been trying to get back into some dota stuff in my free time.

Here is a Sven set I started but decided not to finish:
    Zd6kh2K.jpg

And her is a Razor set I have started working on. I am still unsure about a few elements (Primarily the helmet and the whip handle) and I would appreciate any suggestions. I also would be happy to collaborate on this set if anyone was interested.

Y81QMSQ.jpg
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    I've done a bit of blocking out the shapes for the Razor set. I am going to have to redo a few bits and polish it all up. I am also not sure on what to do with the head/helmet yet.

The weapon concept seems a little boring to me too now so I might look into something a little different.

1n5Rlc8.jpg
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    2qEsPbI.jpg

I am having a go at painting the diffuse straight onto the low poly and I am really enjoying it. It is a lot faster than how I was doing it. Unfortunately everything is much more contrasty in the application than in this screenshot, so I will have to keep that in mind as I progress.

I still have to sculpt a head and weapon that I like and the textures have a bit of work to go too but I am happy with how it is going the moment :3
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    This is where I managed to get to with the Razor set. I eventually gave up on it because I couldn't get it looking nice in game. I might revisit the idea again at some point, but I will start at the beginning and consider the overpowering particle effect a bit more.nS54YVr.jpg

I also thought I would have a go at a courier concept. This is 'Percy the Pelican Courier'. The colours are based on Phantom Lancer now because his lore indicates he is a fisherman.

ptVyu4K.jpg

If anyone is interested in working on this idea it is completely up for grabs. I can do some parts of the process but I have 0 experience with animation.
  • Reyne
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    Here is another stab at a concept, this time its Legion Commander.
    I am about ready to call it done and start on some of the 3d work.
    Not sure what style helmet to choose/whether or not a crest is a good idea.
    Any feedback would be great!

Also if anyone were interested I would be more than happy to collaborate on this set, otherwise I'll soon start modelling it myself.