Home Unreal Engine

[HELP!!] my actor properties window disappeared!

yodude87
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
guys, need your help... whenever i hit f4, my actor properties window open off screen... is there a way to restore it? i know, it might seem a noobish question, but i need it urgently to reappear in my screen, and cant seem to figure a solution :S

Replies

• MiAlx
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    Close and open again?

- or -

Im just going to assume you are using UDK, since you didn't say what software or whatever you have the problem in.

did a quick google; UDK: Go to one of the viewports: hit the down arrow -> show -> use defaults.

- or -

Try deleting the UTeditor ini from the Config folder
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    well, since this is the udk part of tech talk, guessed i didnt have to explicitly say what soft i was using :P

anyway yea, im using udk :) will try it, and see if it works.

edit: couldnt help but laugh at the "close and open again" xD

edit 2: no use, tried resetting the default with the down arrow, tried deleting the .ini, nothing worked. guess im gonna have to reinstall UDK. shit.
  • MiAlx
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    Well, apparently I need glasses.. Very sorry for that man. :poly136:

I thought i read it in the general discussion section for some reason.

I can't count how many times a restart fixed weird maya bugs, thats why i mentioned it :D

Anyway, shame that it didn't work. If i find anything else i'll post it here. :)
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx wrote: »
    Well, apparently I need glasses.. Very sorry for that man. :poly136:

I thought i read it in the general discussion section for some reason.

I can't count how many times a restart fixed weird maya bugs, thats why i mentioned it :D

Anyway, shame that it didn't work. If i find anything else i'll post it here. :)

heheh, no probs, chill :)

yea, same with 3dmax, but for some weird sourcery udk saves its settings (including window positions and such)... so im pretty much with a problem :\

thanks for the help though, im copying my scene folders to my desktop, will reinstall udk and replace the folders. just my luck as today i was gonna take the beauty shots for my folio lmao xD
  • RAL
    Not sure if this will work with the actor properties window but try bringing it up and if its still off screen hit Alt+Spacebar then choose move and use the arrow keys to see if you can bring it back.
  • CourtJester5
    Offline / Send Message
    CourtJester5 polycounter lvl 10
    Blood_falcon you're amazing =D I was having this same issue. Your solution worked. :)
  • Aardschok
    looks like you saved another life (and A LOT of time) Thank you for the solution :)