Home Technical Talk

Photoshop Crytiff plugin fails if I have solid white in my texture?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Zepic polycounter lvl 11
Hey Guys,

I'm coming across this weird bug and everybody at my job is kinda baffled by it as well.
Whenever I have a solid white texture in my image, the Crytiff plugin will fail. It starts processing the image, then at about 75% it quits. It says:

Could not save a copy as
(file location)" because usser canceled operation (or rc.exe failed).

I can save out the file on my home machine using the crytiff plugin with no problem.

I've re-installed the plugins, I've installed them on CS6 and CC7 versions of photoshop. Same error. The guy across from me can save out the image with no problem....

The thing is, it seems like if I have a value in my texture that is pure white, it will crash the Crytiff plugin. If I highlight that pure white texture and reduce it down to say a mid range gray; the plugin will process the image. WTF??

I'm baffled :poly142:.

Any ideas??

Replies

• Zepic
    Offline / Send Message
    Zepic polycounter lvl 11
    Fixed.

In case anybody else gets this weird bug.

My RC compiler was corrupt. Just replaced the RC folder under bin 64 with a co-workers. Fixed the problem.
  • St.Sabath
    Offline / Send Message
    St.Sabath polycounter lvl 11
    Hi david ( :) ) we had the same exact problem on latest engine build this week.
    reverting back to older rc fixed it.Funny thing is on the FREE SDK that i had to download last week,they even forgot the rc folders in the Bin 64 and Bin 32 folders... lucky for me i had an older copy in my downloads ,adding both rc folders aswell as rc.ini resolved the problem.
    My advice is(because rc's are build dependant aswell,is whenever you have a stable build working,make a copy and store it on external or HD for backup usage)

Funny you posted this,since we had a little moment of panic this week about it haha,itll probably be resolved next week hehe