Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Drew Carrymore
    Clyptic wrote: »
    @ReMixx Thanks for the suggestion. That does give me the 4 separate bones like you were seeing. However I still get the same result no matter how I bind it. :/ The ring of text that spins on the ground works fine for whatever reason. I just can't get the skull portion of the effect to work normal.

Edit: After testing some more, I noticed the default ward does have a pink glow in the ground. That being said, it would seem that part as well as the ring of text are working as intended. The skull and its effects just don't show up at all.

Use crowbar to decompile the default ward and look at the qc file to see what the attachment points are. There should be a block like $attachment "attach_hitloc" "root" 0.00 0.00 0.00 rotate 0.00 0.00 0.00 and from that you should be able to discern what bone the particles are attaching to. If that doesn't help you solve the problem, look at what the qc file generated by the workshop uploader in the content folder of your dota directory has in it. It should have an attachment point so you can see what the difference is between your ward and the default. Finally, the workshop test mode can cause a lot of particles to bug. Try making a copy of your qc file and editing the $modelname file path to that of the default ward then compiling it with crowbar, then start a custom game with -override_vpk launch option and see if there's a difference.

EDIT: Just had a look at it myself. The default ward appears to have the skull attached to $attachment "attach_attack1" "attach_attack1" 0 0 0 rotate 0 0 0. Check the qc file for your ward like i said above and see if that line is in there. If it isn't or it's commented out you'll need to recompile it with that line included to get the skull to show. The name of the bone it attaches to is attach_attack1. I think you said you used the same bone names so it should work. If not either add a bone with that name at the relevant position or edit the second attach_attack1 in that line to the name of the bone you want to use.

EDIT 2: To clarify, the problem is the deathward uses 2 attachment points, one for where autoattacks are pulled towards and where i think the ring of glyphs are centred around, the other where the ward attacks emanate from and where the skull is located. The workshop uploader only asks you to name a bone for the former because reasons. You can rectify this for your workshop promo media by editing the QC file and recompiling it with the file path of the default ward. As for custom particles, it's sort of a grey area. They said no particles for New Bloom because they are working on a new submission process with the new engine, but they have added old stuff i've submitted since then so who knows. Anyway if you're still confused i'll pm you my email and skype and i'll take a look at it for you.
  • zoiid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zoiid polycounter lvl 12
    @Kraken - damn that apprentice looks awesome! Love the animations!
    @Prosomogy - looking good so far, can't wait to see those textured. :)
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    source 2 confirmed august???

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2zaicp/dota_2_update_main_client_march_16_2015/

Dota 2 Workshop Deadlines for Summer

If you are working on an in-game item, tournament, or merchandise workshop submission that you would like to have considered for release before the end of August, please submit your work to the workshop no later than May 26, 2015.
    Additionally, the workshop particle process renovation that we mentioned in December's New Bloom 2015 Call to Arms blog post is still ongoing, so if you are working on an in-game item we ask that your creations avoid using custom particle effects. Finally, any items which depict skulls or gore should also include low-violence versions of all assets (including loading screens) with the initial submission.
  • Clyptic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Clyptic polycounter lvl 6
    kite212 wrote: »
    source 2 confirmed august???

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/2zaicp/dota_2_update_main_client_march_16_2015/

Dota 2 Workshop Deadlines for Summer

If you are working on an in-game item, tournament, or merchandise workshop submission that you would like to have considered for release before the end of August, please submit your work to the workshop no later than May 26, 2015.
    Additionally, the workshop particle process renovation that we mentioned in December's New Bloom 2015 Call to Arms blog post is still ongoing, so if you are working on an in-game item we ask that your creations avoid using custom particle effects. Finally, any items which depict skulls or gore should also include low-violence versions of all assets (including loading screens) with the initial submission.

I don't see why they mention a dead line as if they won't be accepting items until then.
  • Anuxinamoon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    It happened last year for TI4 for the workshop contributors adding stuff to the secret shop.

It's just time it's being publicly announced.
  • katzeimsack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    Looks great Kraken, but imho it could be confused being a player character. Just doesn't look like a guy carrying stuff for the player.
  • darkkyo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    Has there been any news about new hero additions to the workshop? It's been forever since the last group of heroes were made available... And there are so many heroes that are workshop ready, like Techies and Undying, and all Valve has to do is flip a switch!
  • Vovosunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vovosunt polycounter lvl 4
    @darkkyo: I do not expect to see any new heroes available in the workshop before source 2 is around, especially with the recent announcements.

Damn I can't wait for source 2. I wanna make so many particles, and the new tools are great too. Let's hope the valve-time is this time at least a little bit closer to normal time.

I really wish they wouldn't rework void and invest the time into slardar and zeus. Those guys really need an update.
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    There is a big fat chance we won't see it before TI5. Hell, that announcement confirms it. Knowing Valve, it might even be pushed to New Bloom 2016.
  • Nobiru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobiru polycounter lvl 2
    My warlock set in game! Set for tournament and it is my first accept.
    Thanks Chameleon for help with loading screen and texture of golem!

Link to the store page: http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/20770?r=ce

4E9C647F57D14C159824645AA568920A85E23F61

There are some fixes. Old set was added in august 2014.

VQR7Y1ZFx_g.jpg
  • motenai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Finally we finished this new Darkclaw Acolyte Dazzle set for Na'Vi_Vanskor

Credits to :
    Robo for the idea + concept + loading screen
    AbyssFX for the custom claw animations

Link on the first image

TmSciZi.jpg

Dazzle_turn_hires.gif
  • [Square]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying out a few things on my Rotting/Swamp Wood set for Treant.
    Still a wip, i'll add some other angles at a later date.
    3f0113aaf4.jpg
    hit me up on steam or send me a pm if you're interested.
  • R4z
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R4z
    Hello guys, i have a problem when i'm trying to import belt for magnus, i get this error. You guys have any clue ?
    Starting import of shield001...
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\models\items\magnataur\0x03f1b490\shield001\shield001_color.tga
    - Compilation successful.
    Compiling VTF: materials\models\items\magnataur\0x03f1b490\shield001\shield001_color.vtf
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\models\items\magnataur\0x03f1b490\shield001\shield001_normal.tga
    Compiling VTF: materials\models\items\magnataur\0x03f1b490\shield001\shield001_normal.vtf
    Compiling TGA: materialsrc\models\items\magnataur\0x03f1b490\shield001\shield001_mask1.tga
    Compiling VTF: materials\models\items\magnataur\0x03f1b490\shield001\shield001_mask1.vtf
    CTargetVTF::Compile - GetOutputPath failed
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    mask 2 isn't working.
    It's either not 32 bit or wrong size probably
  • R4z
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R4z
    Baddcog wrote: »
    mask 2 isn't working.
    It's either not 32 bit or wrong size probably

Yes, mask2 was grayscale, switch it to RGB and worked.
    Thank you very much kind sir.!
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    just shipped another little baby with vayne and blossomalex :) thanks guys for that amazing collabo :)

crit and feedback is welcome, also leave us a vote if u like it <3 thx :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410266372

268x268.resizedimage

5F922B1E807AB40CD8B6A6F5EB7FA46B2A646338
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    man are my :thumbup::thumbup: sore from up voting so much good stuff
  • Nobiru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobiru polycounter lvl 2
    Hey guys, it's my set for templar assassin in collab with KamuiHAX.

dJ3-_hoM3Sk.jpg
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • [Square]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Went and did some other rough angles for the Treant concept.

e6b498d196.png

pm etc. if interested.
  • Nobiru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobiru polycounter lvl 2
    [Square] wrote: »
    Went and did some other rough angles for the Treant concept.

e6b498d196.png

pm etc. if interested.

It look too monotonous. Maybe make it more contrastly? I think you can make light marsh color more brighter and greener.
  • [Square]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobiru wrote: »
    It look too monotonous. Maybe make it more contrastly? I think you can make light marsh color more brighter and greener.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll try to add some more contrasting colours.

EDIT

65055b0130.png

This any better?
  • Nobiru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobiru polycounter lvl 2
    [Square] wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback, i'll try to add some more contrasting colours.

EDIT

65055b0130.png

This any better?

Yep, better. Make fingertips same color as the moss, I think.
  • Stirner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirner polycounter lvl 2
    Hi everyone! :) Here is a set concept for ember spirit, looking for collab. Send me a PM if you're interested. Kh3Uyq6.png
    Thank you Reza.Backside added.
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    @stirner, nice one man. I think it would be good if u somehow show what's going on on his backside aswell.
  • [Square]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobiru wrote: »
    Yep, better. Make fingertips same color as the moss, I think.

Thanks for all your feedback, this certainly feels like an improvement.
    65b691ed1b.png
    If anyone else has any feedback on how to improve the concept, do let me know.
  • Boonta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boonta polycounter lvl 13
    any animators out there know if the maximum frame length for "run" anims on couriers was changed recently ? im getting a pop on a 32 frame loop that I swear I wasn't a few months ago... or maybe its bugged.

it looks like it clamps it to 17 frames
  • Stirner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stirner polycounter lvl 2
    Meepo set concept, looking for collab.
    IWMrblY.png
    ODHVfOp.png
    @Hawt Thank you for your advice! Here're some blue-colored versions of it.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Boonta wrote: »
    any animators out there know if the maximum frame length for "run" anims on couriers was changed recently ? im getting a pop on a 32 frame loop that I swear I wasn't a few months ago... or maybe its bugged.

it looks like it clamps it to 17 frames

I hope this isnt true. I was just working on a new summon and had a 500ish frame run cycle. Ill double check it today, that would be so balls if true.
  • Hawt Koffee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    Stirner wrote: »
    Meepo set concept, looking for collab.
    IWMrblY.png

I made like one of the first meepo sets on the workshop red and it was met with a pretty negative reaction on the colour change, It's a good design but make it blue. Meepo has some of the most cohesive items, allowing for lots of customization.
  • Boonta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hope this isnt true. I was just working on a new summon and had a 500ish frame run cycle. Ill double check it today, that would be so balls if true.

yeh man it would suck. lemme know how it goes. i didn't do extensive testing... fingers crossed its user error ... . . . . .. . . . .
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Boonta wrote: »
    yeh man it would suck. lemme know how it goes. i didn't do extensive testing... fingers crossed its user error ... . . . . .. . . . .

Yea, just tested it, seems like a user error cause it's working fine for me. :thumbup:
  • Boonta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sweet................ mhmhmhm what am i doing wrong :/
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
  • Boonta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol furious typing!
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So did artists started getting TI5 invites yet?
  • The Horse Strangler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Horse Strangler polycounter lvl 3
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Something tells me if youre a workshopper with an accepted item you will still be able to get a contributor badge and free admittance into the event. That seemed to be how it worked last year and they're following similar trends. The only real difference being a lack of public announcement.

If that isn't the case the only opportunities those who aren't invited miss are things like having time at an autograph booth, or the ability to give a live presentation. But even that changed leading up to and during the event live as extra booths opened up, people who weren't invited had their chance to shine.

Of course, this is based of the assumption that things will follow suit as last year.

Also, I wouldn't take it personally if you didn't get an invite, the way valve handles invites is strange to say the least with little to no consistancy between those who did get an invite.

My main point is it's still very early, most of this stuff didn't happen until late into April for an event in July. Now things are moving during March for an event in August. I'm pretty sure valve doesnt even have things fully figured out yet. Don't Panic and carry a towel.

lXtsAHM.gif
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Something tells me if youre a workshopper with an accepted item you will still be able to get a contributor badge and free admittance into the event. That seemed to be how it worked last year and they're following similar trends. The only real difference being a lack of public announcement.

This is the bit I'm more interested in - would it be possible that contributors wont need a paid ticket for entry? Because I'd feel a lot better if I didnt have to camp at my PC at 1am to rush for the mere chance of getting a ticket. Alternatively it might also mean that it'd be possible to consider flying over even without a ticket. To do that and still be able to join in the fun would be a big assurance, and I could go about getting leave and booking flights earlier if that was the case.

Just a bit of wishful thinking. Ticketing is in a mere few days and I should think Valve would announce these things with sufficient notice, so I'm guessing I'll be camping just like everyone else.
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    they gonna regret not inviting the mighty wildcard coyote

coyote_transparent_icon.png
  • hopgood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    Snowstorm wrote: »
    This is the bit I'm more interested in - would it be possible that contributors wont need a paid ticket for entry? Because I'd feel a lot better if I didnt have to camp at my PC at 1am to rush for the mere chance of getting a ticket. Alternatively it might also mean that it'd be possible to consider flying over even without a ticket. To do that and still be able to join in the fun would be a big assurance, and I could go about getting leave and booking flights earlier if that was the case.

Just a bit of wishful thinking. Ticketing is in a mere few days and I should think Valve would announce these things with sufficient notice, so I'm guessing I'll be camping just like everyone else.

If it's the same as last year this was from their FAQ;
    Q. I’m a Workshop Contributor, will there be a place for me at the International?
    This year we’ll be setting aside a larger space for Contributors to meet fans, work together, and show off their creations. If you’re interested in participating, we’ll have a signup space for you soon. In the meantime, make sure you purchase your ticket when they go on sale on Friday.

I would try to purchase a ticket to be safe. It's possible if you aren't able to purchase a ticket during the sale on Friday that you may be able to get one allotted to you by contacting whoever is in charge of workshop artists this year.
  • Prosomogy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ward and courier wip, concept by Mango
    doc47308563_375871747?hash=e0fcb02fc0d8821a44&dl=c0bece554f4921ce60&wnd=1
    defd3858b7.jpg
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    hey mogy, i think it would have been a little more nice if u had done the white light spot on the gem with mask instead of color map.
  • colteh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    decided to try again in making more dota stuff after working on tf2 items for so long, heres what ive got wip atm
    2a954c85a5.png
    eeec8c8297.png
    just gotta make some wings and the wep
  • PrivateRowan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1izhRj.jpg

Me and Potm just finished up this phoenix inspired set for Lina, Feathery Soul!
    Hope you guys like it! :D
  • Godzy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Godzy polycounter lvl 6
    damn that lina looks gorgeous!!
  • bladeshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bladeshot polycounter lvl 5
    colteh wrote: »
    decided to try again in making more dota stuff after working on tf2 items for so long, heres what ive got wip atm
    2a954c85a5.png
    eeec8c8297.png
    just gotta make some wings and the wep

You should consider fixing UV and texture, because right now it's too blurry. Did you mirror UV islands?
  • colteh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah it's all mirrored up, I'll see if I can adjust some things to make it look better at 256x res
  • Rubus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    I tried my hand in an OD set once, it's really hard to fit a larger piece than the original in that 256 px sheet without it looking too low res.

Good luck with that, anyway.