Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

new work - enslaved concept based scene (UDK)

yodude87
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
hello you guys, its me :)

working the props of a new scene. taking it slow this time, relaxing a bit from my last one... eventually will get back at my usual pace :D

well, there ya go the first asset:

hi poly ("raw")
28mjnz5.jpg

hi poly (sculpted)
2a85g9e.jpg

low poly (680 quads)
20gi3wg.jpg

will keep updating the thread, anything you guys might have to say, just do it :)

Replies

• PixelMasher
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    which concept you working from man, seeing that would be good for people trying to give you crits. to be honest I think you could get away with making that object with a tiling metal and a trim sheet for the rivots and bands, and then use vertex color to darken the creases to show the form.

I could be completley off so knowing what this thing is supposed to be could help us help you :)
    cheers.
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    which concept you working from man, seeing that would be good for people trying to give you crits. to be honest I think you could get away with making that object with a tiling metal and a trim sheet for the rivots and bands, and then use vertex color to darken the creases to show the form.

I could be completley off so knowing what this thing is supposed to be could help us help you :)
    cheers.

sure, there ya go :)

oac0ed.jpg
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, backache, headache, sore thorat and a terrible flu in full summer. everybody's dream, isnt it? xD

cant even stay much in front of the pc without having my back hurt as hell.

anyway... updating (and testing).

new asset:

2cr57hv.jpg

and test of the whole in UDK (yea, its still VERY wip. 90% of stuff there are placeholders, except fo the barrell thing and the arch - btw the arch still needs MUCH improvement...).

fw1107.jpg

crits are welcome as always :)

edit: the proportions are quite off too, the scene is a LOT taller. gonna fiz that more ahead :)
  • SsSandu_C
    Offline / Send Message
    SsSandu_C polycounter lvl 13
    Looking good! :) By the way I think that it is best to fix the proportions before you start on something else. Just so not to get headaches later on. ;) Put a character there like in the concept work from that.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    whoa that looks sick nail that concept!
  • Rick_D
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick_D polycounter lvl 12
    you're right, the proprtions are way off. why not try a block out first, before sculpting things that don't appear to need it?
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks a lot for the tips you guys, its helping loads :D

updating a bit. this scene is much dependant on atmosphere, so i guess good texture work alone wont do the job. anyway, i will give them so much more love. these are for the most part just placeholders made by me, to have a nice blockout (except for the guy, that is an epic skeletal mesh that wont be at all in the final render).

so, anything you guys might have to say, im all ears :)

2eg72wg.jpg
  • yodude87
    Offline / Send Message
    bump de bump :P