Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota2] - Ogre Magi - Caveman Set

EDIT: I have given up on this project due to lack of time, I do plan to still learn more about modeling in the months of december, january, and february and submit this idea to the workshop.

I will make this double headed ogre a true caveman! At least I hope. I started learning yesterday about modeling and I have little to no clue of what I'm doing. I found some nice tutorials though so I will do my best.

-For one of the heads I want to have a hat-like head of an Alpha Wolf, it will possibly cover it's eyes so that it looks kind of dumb.
-For the other head I was thinking of giving it long brown hair which also covers the eyes. But I'm not so sure if ogres can have so much hair.
-For the back instead of the cape he has I want to do an Alpha Wolf fur.
-For the weapon I am still thinking about it. Some possibilities are a big haunch of meat (possibly burned from the multiple times Aggron uses his fire magic), a simple primitive club or bone, or a piece of wood with magical insects inside it used as a club also. I have been looking at the current suggestions in the workshop and it seems to be a consensus that Ogre Magi's weapons need to have some kind of personality, this is how I came up with the bugs.
-I'm still not sure what to do with the belt and the arms.

--I'm worried that his pants/skirt can't be changed and the color will be different from the fur on his back.

Replies

• reverendK
    Offline / Send Message
    reverendK polycounter lvl 7
    welcome to polycount. best place to learn in the world.
  • Frakenz
    thank you! I've updated the first post with some ideas for now
  • Frakenz
    I asked this in the Q&A thread and got this answer
    Frakenz wrote: »
    is it ok to use game content for an item? I want to use an Alpha Wolf's fur and head on my set. (Alpha Wolf is a unit from the game)

Answer: Your entry should be as original as possible.
    I would like more opinions on this, does anyone think it would be unoriginal to use fur from an Alpha Wolf? I think it fits my theme nicely since I wanted Ogre's clothing to be made out of some kind of animal skin/leather to make him look like a caveman.
    I also got a different reply from another user
    Spudnik wrote: »
    @Frankenz
    As long as you recreate it yourself and don't copy-paste (All submissions have to be original)
    Thanks for your reply.
    I'm sorry that I can't provide pictures yet since I'm not a very good drawer. When I have some progress on my models I will post some content.
  • Qwiggalo
    Offline / Send Message
    Qwiggalo polycounter lvl 8
    Frakenz wrote: »
    I asked this in the Q&A thread and got this answer

I would like more opinions on this, does anyone think it would be unoriginal to use fur from an Alpha Wolf? I think it fits my theme nicely since I wanted Ogre's clothing to be made out of some kind of animal skin/leather to make him look like a caveman.
    I also got a different reply from another user

Thanks for your reply.
    I'm sorry that I can't provide pictures yet since I'm not a very good drawer. When I have some progress on my models I will post some content.

The only way you'll be a better artist is to draw, so just draw and put it on display. Concepts are exactly that, concepts. It's not necessary to be a good artist to draw concepts, it just takes longer for some.

Spend an hour drawing a dagger or anything small like that, draw an outline redraw the outline, redraw it again. do some shading, look up some b&w pencil drawings to get an idea of how to shade.

Just take your time and it won't come out terrible tbh.