Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Art Test - RL Melbourne Location

Replies

• Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Ahhh this guy. Yeah gotta love these experiences. At least you have a scene that you can polish and work on for your folio.

Since it is literally based off google street view Harry, Howie, Weenie, whatever the fuck his name is can swallow 50 advil while washing it down with bleach cause he has no grounds to complain about shit.

I can confidently say that I could wager 3 months salary that this guy will never ship anything.
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    I find it astonishing someone would just straight up ruin their reputation so openly. Crazy shit. I honestly wonder how he makes ends meet because he certainly doesn't actually work for a studio.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    I find it astonishing someone would just straight up ruin their reputation so openly. Crazy shit. I honestly wonder how he makes ends meet because he certainly doesn't actually work for a studio.

Oh no, he's about to hit it big and when he does; oh ho ho, won't you look sorry for missing out!

Regarding the piece, there is a dip in the gutter you're missing and it makes the transition from road to driveway a little odd. Right now it just looks like a slab of concrete.
  • Kedhrin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kedhrin polycounter lvl 18
    This shit is fucking great!!!!! God i love the internet!
  • Hayden Zammit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
    Marty was actually super nice and professional to me when he contacted me back in 2011, but from what I've seen his start up studio has done little more than put up a web page in that time, and there are just way too many bad stories about the guy - not paying, trying to exploit uni students, being a dick - for him to be taken seriously by anybody serious about games.
  • lukepham101
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lukepham101 polycounter lvl 7
    Hey Dazz, nice work on the scene by the way. Sorry to hear about doing work for free, at least you've got a scene you can show off at the end and work on and that's fine.

Like others have said here before, be careful when you're working for free, because the large majority of the time you're better off working on your own portfolio or creating your own content for yourself. There's dozens of people who want you to do something for nothing, with all promises of having a shipped title at the end and royalties for the amount of "contribution" when do the games complete.

If you're doing something for someone else for free, it really comes down to how much you trust them. Otherwise just back out politely because it'll be a better use of your time. :)
  • martyhowe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    martyhowe polycounter lvl 6
    everyone is working for free, until we get signed. Its not rocket science. Where does the money come from, the money tree? Me and my team of artists, designers, music, audio, animation, we are all reading this thread, and laughing our asses off.

You guys folios are embarrasing, you have zero clue what we're doing behind the scenes, no time to argue with retards, me and my team have work to do.
  • Kedhrin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    martyhowe wrote: »
    everyone is working for free, until we get signed. Its not rocket science. Where does the money come from, the money tree? Me and my team of artists, designers, music, audio, animation, we are all reading this thread, and laughing our asses off.

You guys folios are embarrasing, you have zero clue what we're doing behind the scenes, no time to argue with retards, me and my team have work to do.

Uhh... we all get of our funding from the money tree, maybe you aren't shaking it hard enough.
  • downarmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    downarmy polycounter lvl 7
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Do you even have a studio? Give me pics or get the fuck out.
    You guys folios are embarrasing, you have zero clue what we're doing behind the scenes
    I'm like 99% sure the only thing you're doing "behind the scenes" is giving dome to yourself. That could be considered an accomplishment, I guess.
    no time to argue with retards, me and my team have work to do.
    I am greatly offended at your insult and have contacted the police about your negative behavior. Expect a letter soon.
  • martyhowe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro (and others) I have reported you for abuse, etc

Make me get out :) I dont have to show you pics of anything. How does it feel?

Your 99% sure about nothing, you're in your own deluded fantasy world.

And Police don't send letters.lol.

All abusive posts are being reported to polycount (click and report button)

What you dont understand, is that we dont read this website, we dont use this website, we are only here to laugh at the posts. lol.

It doesnt matter what you say, what you do, what you think, we dont care :)
  • downarmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like him hes like an angry bulldog!
  • martyhowe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dude :) im not angry, see all the smilies in the above post? Do i sound angry? :)

lol. Life is awesome, i have a big smile, and a big laugh right now. Not angry :)
  • Kedhrin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd invite him to a house party.... just to see what he does
  • Polyjunky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polyjunky greentooth
    Keep it up, Marty. People will travel to Australia and work for you for sure. :poly142:
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10

What you dont understand, is that we dont read this website, we dont use this website, we are only here to laugh at the posts. lol.

thumbs-up.gif
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    funniest thread in a long while ahah.

5zKXz.gif
  • dummyyou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dummyyou polycounter lvl 13
    wow.this thread..Is this real life?
  • kmactastic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmactastic polycounter lvl 8
    I don't think I have ever seen someone commit professional suicide like this.
  • sltrOlsson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sltrOlsson polycounter lvl 14

Yes, no, you'r right. You'r not here. What? Wait? And yes, police do send letters I'm afraid.
  • SveinY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SveinY polycounter lvl 6
    This thread xD
    3FFJy0K.gif

btw Dazz3r keep up the good work man.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Your constant use of smilies indicates that you are more than afraid to 1v1 me IRL.
  • martyhowe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ill leave it up to polycount to address the abuse :)

Still smiling, team are still working :)

Guys, you really need to get a life.
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-telling-if-trolling-or-delusional-826d4b.jpg

edit: that english xD
  • Optinium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Optinium polycounter
    What are you working on Marty? Got any teaser pics or the like?
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Azkur: the answer is... he is doing both :)
    2qdy5o0.gif
  • martyhowe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, when I read a post from here, then check the folio link, to see their works.

And there folio shows up. lol. oh my god.

The population of earth is what, 7-8 Billion? I think ill be fine :) lol
  • Mitch Cosgrave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mitch Cosgrave polycounter lvl 17
    Man I love it when this guy sticks his head up from the padded room of a cave he dwells in. This guy is pretty well known in Australian Dev Circles, there's many hilarious stories about him.

I really liked the part where he started insulting peoples portfolio's, it really gave me a good laugh. What a fluffhead.
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Stromberg90 : lool so funny, the funniest part is that i like to imagine that's actually him and it just makes me laugh even more lool
  • kmactastic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmactastic polycounter lvl 8
    This guy has called me on the phone three times. This is gonna be good.
    aVZgT.gif
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axkur: I think you are not far from the truth :)

call me, call me :D
    arnold-cookies.gif
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ill leave it up to polycount to address the abuse :)

Still smiling, team are still working :)

Guys, you really need to get a life.
    8T3lqio.jpg

Still waiting for the 1v1 IRL you mad virgin.
  • Mitch Cosgrave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spelling is hard. Apparently.
  • Nizza_waaarg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nizza_waaarg polycounter lvl 15
    Marty you should really stop posting, I don't think you're doing yourself any favours at this point.

I remember meeting you while i was still at RMIT trying to do freelance (4 years ago?). You really should try being more upfront with people and telling them it's an unpaid job, rather than giving them a contract with a 40k+ salary... when you get funding.
    But you seem to have already fucked yourself pretty badly so whatever. Good luck with the project, hope you eventually ship something and become less of an asshole :).
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    tumblr_inline_mqiowtzJX01qz4rgp.png

Anyway, Dazz3r, got any updates? :poly121:
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 16
    i cant help it.. this thread really brings me back. lol. oh the memories.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21050664/aghWhatIsIt.jpg
  • tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    For him to email me and tell me how bad my portfolio is. Sure let us look at his "teaser" images for his upcoming AAA game :)

cY8gFDz.jpg
    xQb1bZW.jpg
    Marty you should really stop posting, I don't think you're doing yourself any favours at this point.

I remember meeting you while i was still at RMIT trying to do freelance (4 years ago?). You really should try being more upfront with people and telling them it's an unpaid job, rather than giving them a contract with a 40k+ salary... when you get funding.
    But you seem to have already fucked yourself pretty badly so whatever. Good luck with the project, hope you eventually ship something and become less of an asshole :).

Wait... he's been ripping people off and broke for 4 years?
  • Dylan Brady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dylan Brady polycounter lvl 9
  • downarmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i also would like to see some work his team made.

As i am curious to why our portfolio are so shit compared to his work...

Put your money where your mouth is we want to see!
  • Mitch Cosgrave
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeh he's been accepting actual talented people's hard work as "art tests" for quite a while now.
    I don't think I've seen him produce anything good, just lots of hot air and weak insults when you question him, everyone that tries to break contact off with him just gets a response full of abuse. He's a pretty huge jerk.
  • mediochrea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mediochrea polycounter lvl 10
    I present to you: the Figurehead team photo.

aJuItdX.png
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    meh. I banned him because fuck him.
  • Souri
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Souri polycounter lvl 18
  • downarmy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well them back to the OP scene

i really like it but i think the concrete between the road and side walk (the gutter concrete maybe) is too wide... other then that really good looking scene.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12

:thumbup:
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. wrote: »

• Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Ah, I love it here.
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12

Actually we do know what you are doing behind the scenes, because you posted it...

Its using default UDK assets, clipping TPS camera, broken lightmaps, bad lighting, janky textures, ect. Its basically Unreal Tournament, which they give you in UDK for free. The best part though, you recorded a computer screen with a phone camera. How do you expect this, plus your attitude towards people, plus not paying anybody, to attract anybody to work with you?
  • TheRealFroman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheRealFroman polycounter lvl 11
    Well that guy was a nutjob, although good work on the scene so far! Now try making something much more creative than a simple city street. It'll be much more interesting in the end I bet ^^ Also make sure to have awesome centerpiece objects within your enviros too, that way they will stand out even more. Sorry to hear about this guy being a complete jackass, this thread went off the rails in a strange way.
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog-gif.gif
    you are just ridiculous, you are ruining your whole company reputation by acting that way. You are a shame to the industry and you are embarassing yourself and your team in the process
    You can go back to work on your garbage game with no funding.