Home Unreal Engine

Unable to load packages

Hi, I'm working on a map in the latest build of UDK. And I wanted to make a port of it for Chivalry MW which uses a modified version of the July 2012 UDK build. I've tried using the July 2012 UDK build as well as the Chivalry MW Editor, to open my UDK map. But it crashes on trying to load the .upk file, in both cases. So I tried to import the packages and create the map from scratch using my meshes and materials. And that gives me some null error and I can't access anything inside it. I've copied the message below:

Unable to load package (C:\UDK\UDK-2014-05\UDKGame\Content\Maps\Helm's Deep\Hornburg_Custom_Assets.upk) PackageVersion 868, MaxExpected 860 : LicenseePackageVersion 0, MaxExpected 0.

Is there any workaround to this, or do I have to build everything from scratch?

Replies

• RyanC
    Hi, I have a similar issue, but I think you're trying to load a package that was saved on a later version of UDK. UDK packages are not backwards compatible as far as I'm aware. Hope this helps?

If you have any information on what actually makes UDK crash? I would really appreciate it, as I have recently lost my laptop and now I cannot load my package (8 months hard work) on a later version of UDK, I have a log file to post but am new to forums and I need some help to get my game back. Many Thanks, any help appreciated...
  • RyanC
    Hi, I have a similar issue, but I think you're trying to load a package that was saved on a later version of UDK. UDK packages are not backwards compatible as far as I'm aware. Hope this helps?

If you have any information on what actually makes UDK crash? I would really appreciate it, as I have recently lost my laptop and now I cannot load my package (8 months hard work) on a later version of UDK, I have a log file to post but am new to forums and I need some help to get my game back. Many Thanks, any help appreciated...