Home Unreal Engine

Texture corruption on 4.7.1 and 4.7.6

whw
whw
Hi everyone,

I've been using UE4.7.1 and upgraded to 4.7.6 yesterday however I'm seeing the same texture corruption in both versions, both in Windows 7.

It always occurs in the viewport, both panning around and switching to immersive mode (F11). Textures would sometimes randomly or the same ones would corrupt and I would have to re-import. This solves it for a moment, but if I switch F11 or move around again, or even after baking it re-occurs. I am using Epic settings though unsure how that should be the cause.

I had hoped it was a bug from 4.7.1 but alas...

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping it's not a case of low gfx memory seeing as I am using a GTX560 (4GIG) and 32GIG system RAM and hoped that was still good enough.

Replies

• wes.sau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Without a screenshot to see what kind of texture "corruption" you're seeing, could it be simply the texture streaming that is offsetting the textures to be blurry? Check out your Settings ->Engine Scalability Settings and bump up the "Textures" group to something higher. I notice that even if my 3dcard has a lot of ram that a low texture scalability setting will still clamp texture usage regardless.
  • whw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whw
    When I load up the editor everything is fine. If I pan around or switch to immersive this is what happens as I zoom towards an object:

eDYea2U.jpg

I'm zooming in at three stages here, the red books only have a diffuse texture. Close up (bottom part of image) the correct texture displays, but once I move away (top part of image) it appears to blend with one of the mask maps used elsewhere. If I go into the browser the diffuse shows a black texture and once I re-import, everything is fine again. But that texture will corrupt again during the same session.

I have materials with diffuse, mask and normal and sometimes the normal will corrupt (it appears solid blue in the browser) and re-importing will fix, but it will corrupt again.

This corruption is random as I have a rug in the scene that was fine a few days ago, but yesterday and frequently today, the diffuse will corrupt and I see that odd blending with another map in the viewport as in the image.

It's not jut my scene, I've had this happen on some of the Marketplace stuff too. I really hope this isn't a graphics card driver issue.
  • whw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    whw
    I've updated the drivers and for now, everything appears okay. It's odd considering I'd been using the same drivers since UE4 became available, and it was fine on 4.7.1 for the last 3 months until May. Most strange.