Home Unreal Engine

Let Viedeo run in Game Scene

mobpapst
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
mobpapst polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys,

i got a little scene with a first person controller and i got some sceens as objects in it. how can i make a video run on these screens when i start playing?

Replies

• Knightfall3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can import a movie file into UE4 - unfortunately so far I'm having trouble finding a format that works well - the only one I managed to get to work was an uncompressed .AVI which at over 1gb for less than 20 seconds of 480p movie was a bit.... heavy.

If you manage to get one in you can right click on it and select the 'Convert to Media Texture' option. It will create a new swatch that you can apply to the diffuse slot of a material as you would a normal image texture. For it to appear to be playing you need to ensure you have pressed play on the media original file when its imported (double click on it and there's a control bar at the top). I believe you can then control playback with blueprints, but I've not experimented with this yet.

Hope that helps a bit!

Jon.
  • Vailias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    Hi Mobpabst!

What's the nature of the screens? Do they really need to be imported video? Are they actually real world footage, or just motiongraphics? If the latter, perhaps it would be better to set up the graphics in the material editor or via the other Unreal UI tools.