Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: How to stop 3DO exiting fullscreen when applying new material

grimsonfart
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
grimsonfart polycounter lvl 4
Hi there

I have two screens, and i prefer having PS on one and 3DO on the second. The only issue i'm facing is that whenever i have 3DO in fullscreen, as soon as i apply a new material or anything like that, it somehow jumps in between the two screens which is really annoying.

And a second question i have, will there be more image based reflections added, and the possibility to add your own?

Thanks

Also, i just want to say its an amazing program, but for me it has been quiet unstable (frequent crashes/freezes) so i keep loosing a lot of work :(

Replies

• teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks grimsonfart for the report. The window jumping is news to us and we will try to reproduce this and fix it for the next release. Does it help at all to set 3DO to topmost? And by fullscreen, do you mean Alt+Enter fullscreen or simply maximized?

Yes, more IBL HDRIs will be added. Right now however it's tricky to enable custom loading since they are pre-processed (based on Marmoset Skyshop technology). For a future overhaul of 3DO custom HDRI loading is however a rather large priority.

Regarding crashes this concerns me to hear! If you are experiencing crashes in the middle of processes, or at seemingly random occasions, this may be an issue with an anti-virus application with aggressive real-time protection.

McAfee, MCShield, Avast and other anti-virus applications are the most common causes for random crashes, as it actively interferes with the Quixel SUITE and Photoshop communication. Add an exception rule for “SUITE.exe” and it will no longer try to crash the application.

Solution 1: If you are experiencing seemingly random crashes, make sure any running firewall or anti-virus applications have exception rules set for “SUITE.exe”.

Random crashes can also be due to full scratch disks. The scratch disk (C:/ being the default) is written to when system memory has run out. When the disk also becomes full Photoshop no longer has a place to write its memory, and errors will start to occur randomly.

Solution 2: Change your scratch disk to another drive with more available memory in Preferences > Performance. If there is no other drive or not enough disk space elsewhere you will need to free up disk space by deleting any old non essential files. You can also minimize scratch disk consumption by increasing the amount of RAM available to Photoshop and lowering the history states to between 3-10 undos (this will greatly reduce memory consumption).

Please let me know if any of these could be probably causes of what you have been experiencing.

- Teddy
  • grimsonfart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for detailed response

Setting 3DO topmost does not help, and i mean maximized. Alt-enter makes it automatically jump onto my main screen.

I just managed to reproduce the crash. It seems the suite is VERY touchy. Say i accidentally click on PS while its working, it will crash 9/10.

Its a fairly long message but it goes something like this

Error message: system.runtime.interopservices.comexception (0x8001010D): An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call.

Work your magic teddy :)
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks grimnonfart,

Is it during any particular process the SUITE becomes particularly touchy, adding Smart Materials? Also, by losing lots of work, does that mean PS is crashing for you, or are your PSDs corrupted by the crashes? And a final question, which version of PS are you running and on which operating system?

Thanks again!
    - Teddy
  • grimsonfart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Using CS6 and windows 7. As i said, if you accidentaly click while its busy it usually crashes. I have got other more random crashes, but for it's the one easiest to reproduce. Sometimes PS crashes along it, sometimes not. If PS crashes along with it, it will sometimes recover the right documents, but it does not always recover the one i had right before the crash.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for reporting grimsonfart, we´re now working on a solution for this issue!