Home General Discussion

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
almighty_gir ngon master
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do"]Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" - Teaser Trailer (OFFICIAL) - YouTube[/ame]

TIME TO GET YOUR FUCKING HYPE ON GUYS THIS IS GOING TO BE INCREDIBLE!!!

Replies

• GrevSev
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    Wasn't all too hype until i seen Hulkbuster pop up.

Dont like going to theaters but i need to watch this asap!
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Winter Soldier really changed my impressions on Cap. now every time i see him i get pretty excited. Teaser was really well done. It would be wishful thinking that that is all they would release as far as media. Too many spoilers in longer trailers.

Anyways... can't wait to see this :)
  • Anchang-Style
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Same here, up until the first Avengers, i thought that RDJ was the biggest Asset Marvel had. But Winter Soldier was a great action flick with a good character and great fight scenes and ofcourse guardians...still think RDJ is the best part of the Marvel movie universe, so...looking forward to this.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I think Ruffalo has been greatly overlooked as an asset for Marvel. He should have had cameo's in Iron-Man 3, and Captain America 2 (and i don't just mean post credit scenes). He's easily the best Banner they've ever had and they're under-using that.

To clarify though, they absolutely do not need to have more hulk in their movies, or even a stand alone hulk movie. Just more Ruffalo.

RDJ is a great choice for Stark, he's proven that throughout the film series. I just want to see Ruffalo shine heh.
  • SuperFranky
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    Amazing stuff, won't watch any other trailers to not spoil anything interesting.
  • Mask_Salesman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Yeah looks like Banner loses his shit abit, can't wait. Marvel are really doing it right recently :D
  • fearian
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    brightened my day to see this got released this morning! We had a fun game of "who scanned what" in the office :)
  • iniside
    Offline / Send Message
    iniside polycounter lvl 6
    What does Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch doing here ? I though that whoever owns rights for X-Man character couldn't get to agreement with Marvel.

Anyway. My pants are wet.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    iniside wrote: »
    What does Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch doing here ? I though that whoever owns rights for X-Man character couldn't get to agreement with Marvel.

Nah - their rights have been split for a long time. There are weird terms though. They can't mention that they are mutants or their relation to magneto in Avengers, and I don't think they can use their codenames 'quicksilver' or 'scarlet witch' in the x-men movies. It's all a bit silly.

Kick-ass has his work cut out for him to beat the Ass-kicker's version of quicksilver, though.

I'm hyped, woo. I love Ultron, seems like they're doing some really cool stuff.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor

they showed them at the end of Cap3, being held in cells by Hydra.
  • LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Damn that looks sick
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    BTW, is that Andy Serkis with the beard?
  • fearian
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    BTW, is that Andy Serkis with the beard?

Yes it is :poly121:
  • iniside
    Offline / Send Message
    moose wrote: »
    they showed them at the end of Cap3, being held in cells by Hydra.

What is Cap3 ? ;o
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    he means captain america 2: winter soldier.
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Looks awesome! Color me exited.
  • Mstankow
    Offline / Send Message
    Mstankow polycounter lvl 11
    This movie is definitely going to be a contender for highest grossing film of all time.
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    oops im dumb! :*( sorry haha
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    I'm actually not an Avengers fan, didn't really care for the first one too much (it was "fine", just felt like action and not much else), but this is looking a bit heavier - which appeals to me.
  • Sage
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    Shiniku wrote: »
    Nah - their rights have been split for a long time. There are weird terms though. They can't mention that they are mutants or their relation to magneto in Avengers, and I don't think they can use their codenames 'quicksilver' or 'scarlet witch' in the x-men movies. It's all a bit silly.

Kick-ass has his work cut out for him to beat the Ass-kicker's version of quicksilver, though.

I'm hyped, woo. I love Ultron, seems like they're doing some really cool stuff.

Well Scarlet Witch was an Avenger, I forget if Quicksilver was too.... The split rights thing is sad indeed. Quicksilver was in the last Xmen movie, now in the Avengers. I hope this means they are going to start having crossovers... a Hulk vs Wolverine...
  • iniside
    Offline / Send Message
    he means captain america 2: winter soldier.

Haha thanks. Thought so. But Why 3 ? sorry for my stupidity but Cap2, looks more logical, since there were only two Capitan America movies. :D
  • Rory_M
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
  • moose
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    Haha thanks. Thought so. But Why 3 ? sorry for my stupidity but Cap2, looks more logical, since there were only two Capitan America movies. :D

You're thinking way too hard about this, it was just dumb mistype :)
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    fearian wrote: »
    Yes it is :poly121:
    There's some suggestion that he might be Claw from the Black Panther comics, although I'm not sure exactly what thats based on given he doesn't look much like the character and you can't see whether he has a fancy robot hand.
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Aw - I am so torn on this. On one hand the photography looks gorgeous, everything is so beautifully lit and sharp ! But on the other hand, seeing all these spandex-clad superheroes doing serious faces just doesn't seem to work too well ... At least there seems to be a very clearly defined strong antagonist. We'll see !

Also, is there ever going to be a fight against Galactus in one of the following movie sequels ?

(Actually, maybe someone can help me here : I would like to track an Avengers comic issue I read as a kid, where Spiderman and the FF are battling against Galactus. Before the battle Spidey is shown with the FF in their spaceship, wearing his black outfit . He then goes on to show that he can modify it at will, turning it into a short sleeved version for summertime. Anyone remembers that part and knows which issue it was in ? If my memory serves me well it was a pretty badass story and I'd love to read it again ...)

edit : it *might* be from this issue but I am not 100% sure. Definitely from that era tho. I cannot tell the year for sure as I used to got these books from special bundles, probably translated and printed years after the initial run :

avengers-galactus-secret-wars.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    It's doubtful we'll ever see a true Galactus fight, although they're rebooting FF so who knows?!

What we're likely to see (based on my limited comic book knowledge) is:
    Age of Ultron sparks the Civil War storyline.
    Captain America 3 = Civil War storyline in full effect (superhuman registration act rather than mutant registration act). death of captain america.
    Iron Man 4 = Guardians of the Galaxy play a cameo role, Iron Man joins them at the end of the movie.
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 = expansion on Thanos, Thanos starts to threaten earth.
    Thor 3 = Asgard being destroyed/resurrected in texas.
    Avengers 3 = final showdown with Thanos, Guardians heavily involved. Thanos will be badass.
  • The Mad Artist
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    As much as I'm stoked about seeing Vision in the film, I'm glad they haven't thrown that out yet. No need to show all your cards at once.
  • Mstankow
    Offline / Send Message
    Fantastic Four is Fox. There are rumors that Disney is in talks with Sony for bringing Spiderman into a future Avengers film but I wouldn't believe it until it happens.
  • The Mad Artist
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Mstankow wrote: »
    Fantastic Four is Fox. There are rumors that Disney is in talks with Sony for bringing Spiderman into a future Avengers film but I wouldn't believe it until it happens.

Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it, would love it though. Spidey is Marvel's Superman, him not being under Marvel Studios is just insane.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Age of Ultron sparks the Civil War storyline.
    Captain America 3 = Civil War storyline in full effect (superhuman registration act rather than mutant registration act)
    I don't think it would work very well in the MCU. There's only a handful of characters to begin with, and of those: the US government is well aware of Bruce Banner and have been hunting him for years, Steve Rogers has a museum exhibit about him, Tony Stark is IronMan in a very public way, Falcon/Hawkeye/Blackwidow are already government employees. That pretty much leaves Thor, but an Asguardian would be even more immune the Act than Canada was and he doesn't hide his name either.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackablade wrote: »
    There's some suggestion that he might be Claw from the Black Panther comics, although I'm not sure exactly what thats based on given he doesn't look much like the character and you can't see whether he has a fancy robot hand.
    Well, based on the trailer we can tell parts of the movie take place in Africa, so a blakc panther villain being around may make sense. His bearded look actually IS very similar to a pre-transformation Klaw. Also, Klaw was one of the villains that was in the first appearance issue of Ultron.

It's actually surprising how much they pull from the first appearance comics, regardless of how hokey they are. In the issue that explains some of Ultron's origin Giant Man makes some quip about one of Ultron's robot minions that he is "Like a puppet with clipped strings".
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh. Well I'm suitably convinced. I was basing my idea of Klaw on that ultra-violent Marvel Knights Black Panther series that they still show on the childrens tv channel over here. Probably should have done a bit of a Google search.

This might be a dumb question, but which part of the trailer are we thinking is set in Africa?
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    This might be a dumb question, but which part of the trailer are we thinking is set in Africa?

that's an interesting question... it depends on a couple of things, largely at what point in the movie Cap's shield is broken.

Cap's shield is made of Vibranium, the specific type of vibranium comes from Wakanda (africa - home of black panther). In the comics, Cap's shield breaking happens because he vibranium (over time) stored too much kinetic energy, when the shield broke it sends out a shockwave around the world, causing all the other vibranium to explode, until they manage to stop it happening in Wakanda, and Cap gets a new shield.

I think what's more likely to happen in this movie though, is that Cap's shield is broken and they go to Wakanda to secure some more vibranium, enter black panther and claw (probably as their civilian alter ego's). Because Cap's shield isn't broken by Ultron in the comics.

The above could also be bullshit, and Cap's shield being broken is a metaphor for Cap himself being "broken" by the events of the movie.

*shrug*.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    The first thing you see in the trailer is a Johannesburg skyline, and I think the next few shots are meant to be taking place there, too.

Also, I read that in an article somewhere - I wouldn't have recognized the skyline on my own.

As far as WHY they go - I dunno. It looks like it might be in the beginning of the movie, because there's a shot where scarlet witch and quicksilver are yelling in a crowd, and quicksilver has brown hair, so I assume it's before he gets his powers or something. That's also assuming that shot takes place in Johannesburg which it might not. But like almighty_gir was saying, them being in africa probably has something to do with vibranium.

I know in some iterations of Ultron, his body has been made of adamantium or vibranium.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    adamantium is an iron-vibranium alloy i believe.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    avengers-age-ultron-full-poster.jpg

I am extremely excited to see The Vision. especially since he's being played by the same guy who did the voice for J.A.R.V.I.S!

paul_bettany_11.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    B1De3VBCEAA5H4x.jpg:large

BOOM - predicted.
  • SuperFranky
    Offline / Send Message
    Ant-Man - July 17 2015
    Captain America: Civil War - May 6 2016
    Doctor Strange - November 4 2016
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - May 5 2017
    Thor: Ragnarok - July 28 2017
    Black Panther - November 3 2017
    Avengers: Infinity War: Part I - May 4 2018
    Captain Marvel - July 6 2018
    Inhumans - November 2 2018
    Avengers: Infinity War: Part II - May 3 2019

I can't contain all the hype! What a time to be alive.
  • kernersvillan
    Offline / Send Message
    kernersvillan polycounter lvl 9
    Rumors of that title have been around for months ;p
  • LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Damn Marvel is really going all out
  • Mstankow
    Offline / Send Message
    So who are all these new heroes and why should I care about them before I dive into wikipedia?
  • SuperFranky
    Offline / Send Message
    So who are all these new heroes and why should I care about them before I dive into wikipedia?
    Just dive into wikipedia :)
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Aww yeah! I'm excited.

I'm really interested to see what they do with The Inhumans. The inhumans have been some of my favorite characters for a long time, but they've never really been mainstream at all. Wouldn't have dreamed they'd have a movie.
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Can't say I've heard of the Inhumans before today. The Kotaku write up suggested that they were pretty similar deal to the X-Men, minus all the IP rights malarkey. Does that sound accurate?
  • Anchang-Style
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    I think it's accurate to say Marvel is crushing DC right now? Age of Ultron looks glorious and the whole 2nd phase overall was really good and iam looking forward to the (probably even better) 3rd Phase...that from someone who was very meh about the first Phase aside from Iron Man. But Marvel upped their game.
    Reading up on the upcoming story lines ...yeah sounds like all the movies gonna intertwine a lot more than they already did ...what i really like.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Can't say I've heard of the Inhumans before today. The Kotaku write up suggested that they were pretty similar deal to the X-Men, minus all the IP rights malarkey. Does that sound accurate?

As far as the MCU is concerned, thats probably the case (although they've said that they don't want them to become "the poor man's X-Men").

The Inhumans have a bit more back story to them as far as the origin of their powers go, and unlike the mutants they were an advanced and isolated society (hidden from the rest of the world in their own city). They would also control who would be selected to go through terragenesis and gain their inhuman powers.

Recent events in the comics have destroyed their home, killed a lot of older Inhumans, led to the disappearance of their King, and lead to a lot of unsuspecting humans with inhuman dna from all over the world getting exposed to the terrigen mists of questionable purity. Ultimately this makes them feel like mutants (who have also recently began reappearing after Avengers vs XMen). Perhaps the two noticable differences among them are:
    • The new Inhumans (Nuhumans) have a wider age variety. The mists scattered across the world, so a senior citizen or a newborn baby could find themselves going through terragenesis. Mutants tend to activate their powers around puberty.
    • Lots of Nuhumans are coming together to rebuild their city and find out about the Inhuman society/culture. Mutants are still largely scattered, and there is still a Schism in the XMen that pits their two schools against each other.
    • SHIELD still seems to be fearful and untrusting of mutants. I don't think they've been giving the Inhumans the same stink eye. Then again, Inhumans are their own nation and probably aren't subject to US laws (despite building their own city off the coast of NYC). Red Skull lumps the two together in his concentration camps though.

If the MCU needs a lot of people to start popping up with random powers, the Inhumans could fill that role.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Ugh. I haven't read the recent Inhumans stuff (though I do intend to) but that sounds crappy. Why would they make them more similar to the X-Men?

I liked them as an almost completely self-contained society. Still, it'll be cool to see Blackagar Boltagon on the big screen. I wonder if they'll live on the moon.

Also, there's gotta be a higher quality version of this out there, but for now:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TuO30k3QIE"]The Avengers:Age of Ultron Sneak Peek - YouTube[/ame]
  • Anchang-Style
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18

Ant-Man - Shrinks, some times grows, can talk to ants, the movie has two of them
    Captain America: Civil War - Cap vs Iron Man over vaguely defined bullshit that no two series agreed on, boiled down to "government is bad"
    Doctor Strange -Surgeon can't surgeon any more so becomes Sorcerer Supreme, has a cape.
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - Meeting Star Lord's dad, guesses vary as to who he'll be, Adam Warlock is a popular guess
    Thor: Ragnarok - Thor is going to punch a giant snake
    Black Panther - King of a xenophobic and highly advanced nation does stuff, isn't played by the right choice of Chiwetel Ejiofor
    Avengers: Infinity War: Part I - Thanos beats the Avengers
    Captain Marvel - Carol Danvers gets superpowers, has a weird history in comics, mostly known for Rogue absorbing her
    Inhumans - These are your X-Men replacements, Black Bolt is awesome and can fuck shit up with a whisper
    Avengers: Infinity War: Part II - Avengers beat Thanos
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    to expand:
    Thor:Ragnarok will likely involve the destruction of Asgard.

edit: dat teaser hngn....