Home Dota 2

Polycount Community Chest Event

Replies

• Dilanka
    You guys are too good! Love the way everyone is progressing with their work.

Wolf and I are doing a Zombie HUD and I just wanted to show the Drawing layout UI for it.

Anyways Keep up the great work everyone!

HUD_Zombie5DilankaWolfHUD.jpg
  • Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    omg hud 2 cool
  • derphouse
    Offline / Send Message
    derphouse polycounter lvl 4
    Finally got some progress to show on my Axe set! :)

MAZFYVP.png
  • Reza
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    @MDK, thanks for your comment :)
    Well the thing is that strawmerry and I both think that the design will look very bald and boring without those beads. so what we did for the neck so far is that we added some elements to make it prominent enough for in-game view (where the beads are barely seen) and kept the beads cause they look good in portrait. but I have to see what I can do for the head :)
    Thanks again
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    @Dilanka, that's a really nice start on that HUD.

Here's the CM bakes. Arty is still finishing the concept for the staff but it shouldn't take too long to make.

nordicmaiden_wip_05.jpg

FORGOT THE HIPS.

nordicmaiden_wip_06.jpg
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi again all - since there is still quite a bit of time until the deadline I decided to redesign the chest piece to address the issues brought up earlier. I also inserted more leather parts, which I think help at making to outfit look more fitted, with the added benefit of recalling the materials of the default model more clearly. Lastly I reverted to regular hair. Now time to sculpt the final wings and re-bake !

1qP9jr1.jpg

MdK : yeah, besides more texturing on it I do plan to keep the bow very simple and made out of wood. I was very tempted to make it bug-like at some point but in terms of overall read I don't think that would have worked. That Jugg is interesting - I must admit that I first glance I didn't quite recognize the hero, but it might just be because the color scheme is still not applied.

Hayes87 : while I would love to fully animate the wings (I think it could be possible using geometry-based particles), considering the Valve blog post above I think I will avoid doing so. However I ended up rigging their tip to the cape bones and it gives a rather satisfactory wavy effect. That will have to do !
  • bounchfx
    @Insane - Duuuude! That's great! Doom looks like a freakin' baller. Get that shiz submitted yo!

@Tyn - I like number 4! Bigger shapes, bigger read is best for dota imo! Looking nice so far!

@Zip - HOW CAN YOU FORGET THE HIPS. Hips R da shiz. Model looks really nice, can't wait to see it textured.

@Pior - nice! I like the changes a lot. It's come a long way so far, daaaaamn.

- - - - -

Hey guys! So me and CiDDi finished our Elder Titan set and it is now submitted!

Elder Titan - Legacy of the Forefather

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

637x358.resizedimage

et_turntable.gif

please vote if you like it! <3
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    just updated the 2 tabs of spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11SCQ16Gkn3gnAiwlixbSpMeHh0D16xU_RrcpcPFQo6Q/pubhtml
    right at the moment we have 112 artists signed to this :)
    also plz everyone who has not yet started to post wips, plz remember this is a rule.
    just go for it^^

ps: bounch looks strong.
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Oh man! Between this and another ET set, I am torn! Epic work bounchfx!
  • Dilanka
    bounchfx: Looking really Good!
    pior: that's an awesome looking Costume, just wondering if you are adding quivers for it?
    Zipfinator: I am liking the design for CM, would love to see all the parts for her. ALso Thanks!
    Baddcog: thank you!
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    oni did work a bit more on the lion. the horns shape were changed a bit
    and also the maskshape to give him a more evil look. also the second shoulder
    got a new design. the lower cloak will be cut with alphas in texturing stage

he will now start to retopo stuff and i try to rework the weapon concept a littlebit in the meantime.

RvOLHUK.png
    LJAzt4U.png
  • down_limit
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    This thing is hypnotic!
  • Reza
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Giff plz
  • Godzy
    Offline / Send Message
    Godzy polycounter lvl 6
    Some quick update on the clock high poly. Purple parts are just to remind me which mesh i didn't touch yet

433ea87a20.jpg

I'll take renders of some clean views after I'm done with it.
  • yakonusuke
    Offline / Send Message
    yakonusuke polycounter lvl 2
    Some progress on my medusa set. Pretty happy with the shapes and details so far, but many parts are still wip.

0yIZ9bG.jpg

Motenai- Thanks man, that really helped for the thin parts on my set!

Onilolz/ Shock- love that hand! Not so much the shoulder... the teeth are too conform in my opinion. It contrasts a lot with the flowy and more random teeth on the other parts.

insaneophobia- that face is really cool!

tyn- thanks man, curious to see where you take your concept, but remember the importance of shapes. Most parts in your concept don't really break the basic design of Ursa.

Nikey- Cool concept, but the coat could use some more love in the lower region.

Pior- I like the added color variation, but that breast piece is kinda strange... can't see very well from that angle, but it looks like a male chest.

Great stuff everyone!
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    Yakonusuke : that's a good point ! I might rework it one last time, as I just got a new idea for it. Just got to try it out !

Dilanka : the quiver was not shown on that picture - it actually is attached to her thigh in the final lowpoly.

Bounchfx : congrats on finishing !
  • vikk0
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6
    Wooooah guys!! This thread is just full of epicness! :D

My turn! I've finished the High poly for Sniper! Please let me know what you think :)

PpmkQEM.jpg

OxAvQcl.jpg

AsEbyuR.jpg
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Still so much good stuff, can't wait to see it all done! Im pretty much calling this guy done. If I had more time I would go back to the sculpt on the arms to try some more stuff, but I really wanted to spend more time on Mirana and make her my better set, I did tweak some masks, as well as baked out lightmaps for all the parts. Rigging some parts of this was way more difficult than I was expecting :poly142:

2VUZUYy.png
    iLRNis8.jpg
  • ILM
    Offline / Send Message
    ILM polycounter lvl 7
    Wtf, too much awesome stuff for one page.
    kite212 i think everything is great, but arms look rly weird...:poly115:
  • Vovosunt
    Offline / Send Message
    Vovosunt polycounter lvl 4
    @Godzor: Looking awesome! :D
    @pior: I agree about the masculine feel of the new chestplate. I mean giving WR a bit of the breasts she always dreamed about is not a big deal. Especially since the forms should fit well with the carapace armor.
    @vikko: Eye-patch on the left eye. How does he snipe?
    @kite212: the glowing cracks need to be adjusted a lot. Currently they look more or less like a bunch of squiggly lines of uniform width and no variety. Take real stone/earth cracks for reference.
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    @vovo haha :D if he is right hander he snipes with the right eye.

@kite i think u should do a little less cracks on the arm. more like on the base model.
    keep it simple

edit: i made a fast overpaint. added some shadow to the shoulder slot
    and simplified the bracer stratches a bit turning also the colorsheme a littlebit.

DGTx3xU.jpg
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    Doing some massive edits to the arm materials as we speak, will update soon, if I can make some more time later, I may just redo the entire arms
  • Mr.Khann_Ha_Ha
    I agree with Shock.
    And maybe some pattern on clothing (or more colors).
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    Thats so much nicer shock, I am trying to find a ztool I can go back to and do something more like this, I think this was just he push I needed, and I will look into adding a pattern to the cloth, I have been thinking about that for a few days now. Thanks for all the feedback! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    sry that i came up with this so late :)
    wish u good luck on ur work!
  • Prophet9
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9
    Cottonwings Lich WIP. Lots left to do :)

dRxJIS8.jpg
  • ike_ike
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike polycounter lvl 12
    75d58c0d9a.jpg

started plonking out the diffuse. first time using mudbox for anything other than painting out seams, it's workin out pretty well so far. it's a fair bit darker than the default antimage hat but we'll see how it works out once the masks are set up.

CAmQTIbVIAADdc-.jpg
  • kite212
  • quockhanhlk
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    Hell broke through, bringing along a lot of awesomeness too haha

@Zip: Love it, the bakes came out perfectly, cant wait for the color, this is easily one of my all time favorite CM set xD

@pior: really like the color and material changes you've made, but tbh i think i like the cleaness of the original chest armor better, but maybe it is only me haha.

@Bounchfx: congrat on the finishing entry on ET, really cool set, lovee the ls xD

@Shock: This is one hell of a lion set, srsly, super nice sculpt, organic and all, really looking forward to see how it would look in-game!

@Down_limit: we obviously need this one for the event xD very very cool design and animation, i love that face xD one thing though, it might be the gif quality or me being extremely picky and stupid, but the texture doesnt look as sharp as i would expect from a courier, and i can see there're a lot of stuff that can be mirrored on this one, so just wondering if the texture could be a bit sharper hehe.

@Godzy: hmm pretty shitty sculpt OH WAIT, NVM xDD

@yakonusuke: very interesting design, the tail part just below her behind though looks a bit too bulky for her imo, and the armor's shapes overall are kinda a bit masculine for a beautiful, elegant hero like Medusa, but hell, she is not that beautiful and elegent hahaha, just my 2 cents.

@Vikko: very nice sniper sculpt, i really like the hat and i LOVE that mustache xD, hoping to see more progress on it!

@Prophet9: i remember seeing this concept for lich a while back, very interesting design and sculpt, do hope you guys have something in mind to cover his terrible default chest and texture though haha. Wow i really hate that default chest on lich xD

@ike: Sexy am, 11/10 would bang!

@kite212: Well done on the arms, definitely better, it reads better now and goes extremely well with the rest of the set !

Btw, thank you everyone for the feedbacks on clock, i'll definitely try out some more red on the texture phase !
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    yay kite, it does now look way more clear :)
    if u want to push it a little more u can try to adjust the stone color to the one
    of the base model, that one is way more dark and gives a better contrast because of that.
    also it might look good if u bake out a gradient map and put it with 30-60% overlaying on
    top of ur cloth material. also for the cloth material u could draw some shadows on it
    - maybe under the belt and at the sides. as pattern for the cloth what was mentioned
    before it might be good idea to try something like that: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d1/11/9a/d1119a8a790189a07f4135a861b1461e.jpg
    just set it to a very slow transparency, something between 5 and 15% maybe and multiply it on top of ur cloth.

greetings :)
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    Darkened the stone some more, shaded some more areas, did not try patterns on the cloth yet, I already use a grey scale gradient on all my items, but I baked out a color ramp gradient to overlay on the cloth, I thinks its a nice subtle improvement
    evMcRhF.png
  • richithekiller
    Hello! Is it too late to get in on this? I'm new to DOTA, so I think I need all the help I can get!

My steam workshop page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pocketgarden/myworkshopfiles

This will be my first DOTA project. I'm working on a weapon for Juggernaut...

16678985677_1f06e8b40c_o.jpg

16698920630_902daea974_o.jpg

16263937634_c5a84375b4_o.jpg

I think the damage on the blade might be too noisy for the final texture res. Let me know what you guys think!
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    @Kite, those bracers look way better now. I think the cloth could still be darker around his legs though, it's still pretty bright to me.

Been testing the CM in game with the staff block in. Arty is texturing now too.

p6gdRPf.jpg
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    im struggling a bit trying to make a rly nice weapon for the lion set.
    this is what i have been trying so far. what do u guys like?

UERZgbp.jpg
  • agito666
    ike_ike wrote: »
    75d58c0d9a.jpg

started plonking out the diffuse. first time using mudbox for anything other than painting out seams, it's workin out pretty well so far. it's a fair bit darker than the default antimage hat but we'll see how it works out once the masks are set up.

CAmQTIbVIAADdc-.jpg

s̶e̶n̶p̶a̶i̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶!̶

oh god why, i'm having nightmare soon
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    Baked out another gradient for the cloth on the legs, this time it was more of a dark to darker, instead of light to dark.
    DtC8f3i.png
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    500% better kite :D
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock wrote: »
    500% better kite :D

Thanks, I agree, would not have been this way without you, and the rest of the feedback from everyone here :poly136: Thanks everyone :)

We might be getting someone else to do the loading screen for the ES set, but nothing final yet, I will update once that is locked down.

For your lion weapon, 7 and 5 are my personal favorites. I also like 3 because it is so different for him, but I would say maybe save that design for when the almighty particle system is in place. Now I need to crack out on my Mirana set. Happy hatting everyone!
  • Reza
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    any idea why this* is happening?
    this*= the staff rotates like nuts in the air!
    FoeuVOR.jpg
  • SeeingTriangles
    So many great stuffs I don't even know where to start :poly142:
    @Zip and Artypi: your CM set is turning out really great. Can't wait to see the set with colors on :)
    @Shock: number 7, definitely number 7 :thumbup: I think it would look better if the teeth were a bit bigger like other teeth/claw on the set.
  • Prophet9
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9
    Final Lich Sclupt - on to LoDs!
    :D

vzPx6KN.jpg
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Boom! Turntable done!
    All we need to finish now is the promo pictures and the loading screen!
    IncredibleConsciousBluefish.gif
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Good job Phil! Came out great!
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    @Phil, the new beard came out real nice. It's definitely my favorite slot on the set now.

The staff is donezo. Arty is doing an amazing job texturing the set now.

nordicmaiden_wip_08.jpg
  • Artypi
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5
    awesome turntable phil!!

@kite, maybe having a pattern in the spec channel on the cloth would look nice? at the moment it seems a little plain. it would also be nice to see more range in the values of the textures! a few more painted highlights/shadows. the masks are doing a great job right now but it needs a little more!

anyway, im becoming one with the fur
    226b10a41c.png
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    Furry indeed :)

Getting there myself, but its been a bumpy ride. If there is anything I've learned from this, it's the fact that giving heroes skin-tight items is not the brightest of ideas considering how extreme some animations can be. It costs a fair amount of polygons, and it's a pain to rig in a way that accommodates for all animations. Lesson learned !

gVugkI3.jpg

Bk47Xx6.jpg

Still, I am happy with the way the set looks at game distance as I feel like it makes her belong to the forest around her.

OvSPBWz.jpg

Now on to texture polishing !
  • Mr.Khann_Ha_Ha
    To pior
    In game looks very good, interesting silhouette.
  • Paproch
    Ok I have now time to start and hopely finish my Silencer set. Nothing fancy. Just my approach to his armor. Final concept:

YXCC6PK.jpg

ps. Awesome work you guys doing so far!
  • katzeimsack
    Offline / Send Message
    katzeimsack polycounter lvl 17
    This thread and chest is crazy, I don't want to be the person judging..

@pior: Right now the green looks fairly monotone, why not add some yellow gradients and stronger lighting?

@ artypi: Nice, looking forward to the final textures!

I started a techies set today. I know, they are not official, but maybe, just maybe valve sees the when looking at the set items and ...
    Techies are just too awesome :)

Blockout concept in max (checking the animations while doing the highpoly):
    wip01.jpg