Home Dota 2

Polycount Community Chest Event

Replies

• cakers
    Offline / Send Message
    cakers polycounter lvl 6
    Here is the model pretty much done, I just need to delete a few tris to hit the limit.

5oScLbK.png
  • Hunter-Killer
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    About done with the sculpt on the CM. Arty is still designing the staff but I'll do that in a few days next week while she's texturing the set.

nordicmaiden_wip_04.jpg

@Mihal, the WD set came out real well. I wish there were screenshots of the set from in game perspective though. There were only a few seconds of the set from actual in game perspective in game and that's the view that's most important.
  • quockhanhlk
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    Wow lot of great things are happening all over the place, i dont even know what to add or comment, so i guess i'll wait a bit more hehe. Also congratulation on the finishing entries to mihalceanu and Hunter-Killer, very solid works !

Anyway, here is my concept for clockwerk, in collab with Godzy on this one. The color maybe a little too rebellious, but i did try to avoid the original scheme to give him a fresher look, would love to hear your thought on this :D

MkKxwPj.jpg

Anyway it's time for warlock, hope to get it done soon, not much time left !
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    hell dead xD this is great! fucking great! i love the theme, the shapes, especialy the helm^^ and the colors! go for it.
    my only single critique is the weapon could be a bit more powerful.
  • Nobiru
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobiru polycounter lvl 2
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    About done with the sculpt on the CM. Arty is still designing the staff but I'll do that in a few days next week while she's texturing the set.

nordicmaiden_wip_04.jpg

I really love this set! Awesome concept! :thumbup:
    Will buy! Awesome!
  • Hunter-Killer
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter-Killer polycounter lvl 4
    @quockhanhlk - Was wondering how long it would be till someone did the "Clock Knight" theme and I'm really happy to see it done so well! Do feel however you may need to switch some of those darker metals for red to better fit Clockwerks theme.
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Some progress with sculpt. Head slot left

33b7e5d87c.jpg
  • Mr.Khann_Ha_Ha
    To quockhanhlk - nice clock, and very original
    To Deadly Focus - looking good!

Guys, i need help.
    Which version do you like -
    I2lpPyx.jpg
  • ShorkGamer
  • Prophet9
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9
    Awesome texture work update from Stefco (no masks yet)

M0FMDmj.jpg

Will be updating with some Lich sculpts very soon too!

Cheers all.
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Great progress everyone !

Finally found some time to wrap up the ingame model on my end. It was a tight squeeze, as the cape slot only allows for 350 tris ... but after all everything ended up fitting fine.

8ddHSIR.jpg

Wires : http://i.imgur.com/6xnVLQb.jpg
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    @Zipf, nice sculpt!
    @Prophet9, great job! He looks like true underwater king. Can't wait to see everything with masks
    @pior, your set going to be great :)
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    DNADota polycounter lvl 2
    Posting this here as well:

Something we've been working on

ed8279100a.jpg
  • No Pie For You!
    Offline / Send Message
    No Pie For You! polycounter lvl 6
    Mr Khan, i`d go with nr 3 as well
    The tide set is shaping up great, especially the algae beard.

Pior`s mantis set looks great, can`t wait to see it finished, but i would say that if it`s going to be paired up with DNA`s bow, it overdoes it a bit for me..... it`s kinda hard to read from some angles..
  • MdK
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK polycounter lvl 9
    DNADota wrote: »
    Posting this here as well:

Something we've been working on

ed8279100a.jpg

Hey, where are your WIPs for this? Would love to see a concept.

Remember guys it's a rule that we post WIPs and crits. This is a team effort and posting a new set for the same hero with exactly the same theme without any WIP undermines the whole effort when it is something that could've been discussed before.
  • agito666
    not sure is me or what, i've see "coincidence" twice

1st was the Earthshaker's weapon with goat horn,

then now is insect theme on WR after Pior posted his concept for an insect theme armor.

hmmm....
  • Artypi
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5
    @quockhanhlk - LOVE the concept!!! really original take on the character but still fitting. the addition of red in the plume is cool too, but it might be nice to see a bit more red in the overall colour scheme (perhaps an emblem on the chestplate?)

excited to see the progress on this one!
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    agito666 wrote: »
    not sure is me or what, i've see "coincidence" twice

1st was the Earthshaker's weapon with goat horn,

then now is insect theme on WR after Pior posted his concept for an insect theme armor.

hmmm....

Did we not change the WHOLE totem from the ground up? What are you saying, bro??

This Windranger is being worked on for around 3 months now, but it still not finished since we had a lot of other work in progress, too. We had to post several Na`Vi sets, as well as 6 New Bloom sets, so the Windranger was on hold for a bit.

I don't know how long Pior has been working on his set, but from the image I posted you can clearly see that not only the set has been already modeled/polypainted, but the actual LODs are ready as well. What it is missing is some little final touches here and there.

I am sorry for not keeping in touch with this thread and I apologize to Pior for not posting our work sooner.
  • Rocket_Science
    Offline / Send Message
    Rocket_Science polycounter lvl 8
    Our ES problem was solved right away as we've asked DNA. We have nothing to do with this stuff anymore, and we thanked them for their action.

Please don't link our Earthshaker issue with some new stuff.
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK wrote: »
    Hey, where are your WIPs for this? Would love to see a concept.

Remember guys it's a rule that we post WIPs and crits. This is a team effort and posting a new set for the same hero with exactly the same theme without any WIP undermines the whole effort when it is something that could've been discussed before.

Also I want to add, that our Windranger set will NOT be our submission for the Polycount chest. We will be presenting another set. I posted our work just to show our set, so we avoid the issue we had with our Earthshaker set earlier.

Our Windranger is NOT our Polycount Chest set.

So Pior's work is still relevant.
  • kendmd
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5
    Also I want to add, that our Windranger set will NOT be our submission for the Polycount chest. We will be presenting another set. I posted our work just to show our set, so we avoid the issue we had with our Earthshaker set earlier.

Our Windranger is NOT our Polycount Chest set.

So Pior's work is still relevant.

So why did you post here and not on the workshop thread? There are different threads for different posts you know? :)
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    so why did u post it here lol? -.-
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd wrote: »
    So why did you post here and not on the workshop thread? There are different threads for different posts you know? :)

Which thread? I posted it here for faster visibility.
  • kendmd
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5

It's the thread just below this thread.
  • Godzy
    Offline / Send Message
    Godzy polycounter lvl 6

You should post it in the CS:GO Subforum aswell
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    The dota 2 workshop main thread for example? This one is specifically for this event.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9

I dont think here is the right place to advertise work that is not related to the thread
  • Godzy
    Offline / Send Message
    Godzy polycounter lvl 6
    Alrighty, hopefully I'll make it in time. Here's what i got on clock so far:

Wep Basemesh:
    cb420e115c.jpg

And Sculpt:
    0751c58f73.jpg

I tend to do basemeshes only for weapons, but in this case the hard surface might require it
  • Artypi
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5
    @DNAdota the easiest thing to do would have been to make a post or message pior just to communicate you're making a set with a similar theme, as a "heads up"

posting work here when it's not related and with no comment addressing intention of the post is kind of confusing
  • Toasty
    Dna, why do you take it to another thread, posting here is just annoying people, and won't be doing you any favors. It's basic forum etiquette to post in the relevant threads to your topic.
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    hey mate :/ i think u are just not doing urself a favour here.
    if u saw piors wr and felt like he is using a simular theme u could have just
    dropped him a pm and just make sure everything is ok with it. he is a rly kind
    person and im sure u would not have run into any problem with him.
    but right at this moment u are using the thread that is supposed for the
    event chest with ur personal stuff that has nothing to do with it, and
    beacuse of that people think u are at the wrong place. i hope u can
    anyhow follow me?
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry, but we aren't forced to post every single piece of work we create here in order to not be accused of stealing.

Here is a link where you can download a picture featuring our WR set, and another 3 of our sets that we proposed to Na`Vi pro team. They chose 2 of the sets (Sven and Crystal Maiden) and they can confirm that. The Earth Spirit set we submitted for this year's New Bloom. The picture that is inside the rar file is created on 1.12.2014

P.S. We are currently working on 6 other sets and 6 other couriers - each one of them with a distinct and unique idea. We don't find it appropriate to post the concepts here or anywhere else just in order to SAVE the idea just for us. Because this way we will be cutting the wings of many authors who are working on a similar idea.

http://creative-center.com/clients/concept/
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Sorry, but we aren't forced to post every single piece of work we create here in order to not be accused of stealing.

Here is a link where you can download a picture featuring our WR set, and another 3 of our sets that we proposed to Na`Vi pro team. They chose 2 of the sets (Sven and Crystal Maiden) and they can confirm that. The Earth Spirit set we submitted for this year's New Bloom. The picture that is inside the rar file is created on 1.12.2014

http://creative-center.com/clients/concept/

you dont need to victimize yourself, people started to wonder about both concepts being strangely equal after 1 month of Pior posting his progress and you posted something out of contest (because you mentioned that you just posted for fast views) with the same theme

If you dont read the thread and could not expected that reaction I can understand, but you keep getting out of the thread's contest, which is a community effort to create a chest, and that is why I deleted your last post.
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    Heya - chiming in here real quick.

I actually agree with the fact that artists should not have to warn each other about the themes and designs they are tackling. After all, coincidences do happen, and we cannot keep each other in check constantly ! (nor should we have to). We all have the freedom of choosing wether to visibly share our ideas or not.

That being said, I think there are good points being made regarding the proper use of this thread.
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    you dont need to victimize yourself, people started to wonder about both concepts being strangely equal after 1 month of Pior posting his progress and you posted something out of contest (because you mentioned that you just posted for fast views) with the same theme

If you dont read the thread and could not expected that reaction I can understand, but you keep getting out of the thread's contest, which is a community effort to create a chest, and that is why I deleted your last post.

Please don't delete the one with the link as it is ground evidence that our set has nothing to do with Pior's work. Sorry for being off-topic.
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    pior wrote: »
    Heya - chiming in here real quick.

I actually agree with the fact that artists should not have to warn each other about the themes and designs they are tackling. After all, coincidences do happen, and we cannot keep each other in check constantly ! (nor should we have to). We all have the freedom of choosing wether to visibly share our ideas or not.

That being said, I think there are good points being made regarding the proper use of this thread.

Thank you for this!

I will take notice about staying on-topic.

Love your work!
  • agito666
    Did we not change the WHOLE totem from the ground up? What are you saying, bro??

This Windranger is being worked on for around 3 months now, but it still not finished since we had a lot of other work in progress, too. We had to post several Na`Vi sets, as well as 6 New Bloom sets, so the Windranger was on hold for a bit.

I don't know how long Pior has been working on his set, but from the image I posted you can clearly see that not only the set has been already modeled/polypainted, but the actual LODs are ready as well. What it is missing is some little final touches here and there.

I am sorry for not keeping in touch with this thread and I apologize to Pior for not posting our work sooner.

okay allow me to explain why i did drop my doubt/ question there. yes, my personal doubt after saw this WR set.

at first when i stalk people's concept, i always checking the things to avoid having same "vibe" with other concept artists.
    a) base unique motif (eg: ice element fused in tiny pretty unique)
    b) base unique silhouette (eg: dragonterror PA set for the weapon)
    c) unique colour combo that does not exist on base hero skin (except NYX)

so yeah of course the first one who bought up the i̶n̶c̶e̶s̶t̶, i mean Insect theme windrunner was Pior from my point of view here, so i sure having a doubt to ask like that (that's why i said "NOT SURE IS ME OR WHAT" ) :poly142:

as for the WR's lore that only mention forest and previous sets from WR are flower, bird (feather), or maybe eagle themed set, there is no single hint for i̶n̶c̶e̶s̶t̶ insect theme, so which lead me to question / drop my doubt in here.
    (include the previous case of the ES set, i know you guys solved already) :poly121:

also i said "coincidence" not "copying", i did not accuse you or something, (okay, another question) i just want to ask what lead you guys to use i̶n̶c̶e̶s̶t̶ insect theme on WR. everything sure have a reason or inspiration from something behind before you start something from scratch. :poly121::D
  • derphouse
    Offline / Send Message
    derphouse polycounter lvl 4
    @Godzy: Very cool and clean sculpt! You could do some asymmetry with the cuts and chips in the wood, but other than that, nice work! :D
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Went on with my Necro set sculpt....every element is in position now, just missing some detailing and cleaning.

4wYrHXQ.png
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    @zip nice and clean sculpt! i rly like ur cm.
    @HA_Ha i like the teal one
    @motenai ;) ha! finally i see what u are doing there. good that u did choose necro.
    im curious how u are going to texture it^^

oni and me got a littlebit delayed with our lion, we also changed some spots again.
    but its on a good way now. i guess he we can soon post the rough sculpt.
  • Reza
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    me and strawmerry :)

LVfJ3M7.png
  • hopgood
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    Some great work in this thread. I am loving that Clockwerk set, I have been thinking of a Knight themed Clock set in the past so I'm glad to see someone going with that theme.

@Reza Be careful with the smaller details on that sculpt, the Neck only has a 128x256 so the detail on the beading and neck piece shouldn't be too fine.
  • Krios49
    Offline / Send Message
    Krios49 polycounter lvl 2
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    Polypainting mostly done - matching the original green was much harder than expected. Lots of things to tweak still ...

kqM7clA.jpg
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    @pior

That is one seriously sexy polypaint. Really liking the different colors for highlights and some of the variation, specially on the helm, something I think is going to look great once applied to the chest piece and the back.

@Reza

I like the theme of this so far, but this is looking reeeeally noisy, and when that happens in the sculpting stage, it probably will get even worse when you get it ingame. Making some details and patterns larger would help a lot.

Also some sexy sculpts from motenai and Godzy. Keep it up!

Me and Fudgie just finished submitting our Naga Siren set: Luminous Warrior! Go check it out on the workshop!

iu5FkPJ.png

Really appreciate some of the critiques on this thread. We tweaked a bunch of values and hues so it's not just a green mess ingame, and I think we did a pretty good job at it! The only 'missing' thing was the bracers, because unfortunately there is a single slot for all of her armor, and I didn't want to compromise some of the quality just to get them in, so we traded them for the shoulderpads and cloak. Here's a bunch of pics from everything:

THNxDCm.jpg

Dsyg5lQ.png

IEIhN1D.jpg

YIYdHLY.png

85q5cia.jpg

Sorry for the long and heavy post!
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    rly like the colors in ur texture :) gona mark ur set submitted in the spreadsheet^^.
  • Toasty
    @Reza I have to agree with Belkun about the concerns of the details being messy ingame
    @Belkun Lovely textures! super clean.

I've been out of Dota action for a while now doing some freelance work to pay the bills.

Previously Willypup, Pancreas and I were going to work on a NP cactus set. I've decided however I'll be stepping out of the team and Willpup and Pancreas will be continuing it together. Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out! Super excited to see little cactus man running around in game.

So I'll now be moving onto a solo project for Legion Commander.

I've started a concept, it's super basic, and I feel lacking some real design punch. I'd love to hear some crits on it's current state.

aIfhWO.jpg
  • bounchfx
    aw man I'm super confused. I could swear I responded to this thread earlier today but I don't see it anywhere!

argh, I'll just recap instead.

Belkun - awesome! Came out really clean, very well made

pior - I'm excited to see it with finished textures! really nice so far!

toasty - I really like the concept a lot. I love the weapon. I really like the shoulders and arms. I think the back has potential but shouldn't cover her entire back, and I like the helm so far but need to see more - the direction is solid.

but yeah, in general there's just so much awesome going on here. Great work guys/gals!
  • Malloy
    Offline / Send Message
    Malloy polycounter lvl 6
    I would potentially be up for a collab for this, 3D artist - Workshop Thread, lets chat! (PM)