Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UE4 Infiltrator Demo - Art Dump

paulsvoboda
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
Hey Guys,

Around a year ago I got the privilege of working with some really talented folks on the UE4 Infiltrator Demo. A few of us were tasked with building the 'upstairs' city section of the level, where the big Bot fires at the Infiltrator man (you can see Pete's awesome bot here: http://cghub.com/images/view/723737/
It was about 4-5 of us initially but towards the end everyone sort of jumped on and helped wherever they could. It was a huge team effort and we all got the chance to jump in to any area that needed help. I had a ton of fun, made many many mistakes and learned a whole bunch from the folks around.

This was the demo:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO2rM-l-vdQ"]Unreal Engine 4 "Infiltrator" Real-Time Demo - YouTube[/ame]

Here are a few of the pieces I built. A lot of them are shown in 'unique' placement for render purposes only, however, a lot were baked in a way I could get as much variations out of them in order to use them across a number of objects.

This was the main Courthouse Facade - The building itself was rather simple apart from the main centerpiece; just pillars, large metal 'walls', and windows, so most of the effort went into this piece:

8xyMPND.jpg

6jk3NZL.jpg

And here are the surrounding pieces around it which made up most of the building itself:

n3CrJtw.jpg

Some more modular pieces which were used to 'decorate' the building surrounding the main Courthouse:

One of our directions for the environment stuff was to take traditional shapes and interpret them in a more mechanical way. I never really was able to execute this in a very successful way, veering too heavily in one direction or the other, but that was some of the underlying design choices behind these things:

uK8zN02.jpg

mm6dist.jpg

ijXvoKJ.jpg

tmiEiSd.jpg

I attempted to build as many variations on this piece as I could fit into the structure as I knew it would be used a lot around the buildings. I don't think the third variation on the right works at all but we were able to use that top piece for some silhouette work around the city:
v14JBnL.jpg

zXmjUvI.jpg

This piece was the center floor piece in the demo. I made marble slats to go around it which were then torn up by Pete's Death Blossom bot. It also was used to connect the underground to the above ground by way of the manhole which the man would climb through:

NEkckHr.jpg

Q8s8TPk.jpg

n7sAGCp.jpg

Some pieces here were borrowed from one of Kevin's awesome models:
UoA0CCS.jpg

Replies