Home General Discussion

Yes! My site! I did it!

morrowindsky81993
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
morrowindsky81993 polycounter lvl 17
Well, I have my own website and company now. Check it out!

Brainiac Home Productions

Replies

• Neo_God
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    I don't get it...what is the purpose of this "company"? What service do you offer?
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    Woo so you signed up for a free wikispaces account so the visitors make your site for you (or not, considering you 'protect' every page trying to abuse a wiki as a personal geoshitties webspace), with nothing but "Coming Soon" and lame game music videos littering the internet, only existing to merely convey your 'emotions'. -_-
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    BACK OFF! IT IS THREE DAYS OLD! I HAVE WORK TO DO ON IT! I made those videos, and unless you have watched them, do not judge them. And CheapAlert: stop being such an ass about everything I do and every post I make. just stop.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    kid , i still think you belong onto those groups of people that actually dedicate themselves to troll other boards, and besides that beeing sad , you do it poorly, so not even beeing a troll you guys can do well.

Or , your the most mentally unstable kid i have ever seen , not even a weird friend of my brother of the same age as you claim to be was this retard.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    Is everyone here so cynical and pessimistic for a reason, or are all of you just trying to make yourselves look big? i just can't stand any of this. i want to know right now what your problem is. i am the only poster you do this to. is it because i am not over 18? is it because i make you look bad? well?
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
    ill quote myself again to make you read it :

"kid , i still think you belong onto those groups of people that actually dedicate themselves to troll other boards, and besides that beeing sad , you do it poorly, so not even beeing a troll you guys can do well.

Or , your the most mentally unstable kid i have ever seen , not even a weird friend of my brother of the same age as you claim to be was this retard. "
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I made those videos

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you only took mere video footage from a game and pasted a commercial song to them calling it off as your own work.

You won't know 'original effort' when it hits you in the face.
  • morrowindsky81993
    Offline / Send Message
    you know what? just finish it. ban me. you know you want to. just ban me now. ban this mentally unstable, annoying kid.
  • Joao Sapiro
    Offline / Send Message
    Joao Sapiro sublime tool
  • Nilium
    Offline / Send Message
    Nilium polycounter lvl 18
    THIS THREAD IS NOW FOR CATS. POST SOME FUKKEN CATS.

Jewcat.jpg
    astrocat.jpg
    camecat.jpg
    chokecat.jpg
    catmonitor.jpg
    catplane.jpg
    drillcat.jpg
    dunecat.jpg
    happycat.jpg
  • conte
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    yes please.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i am second of that! laugh.gif
  • conte
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    and guys, do that with Noel too XD
  • Nilium
    Offline / Send Message
    Nilium polycounter lvl 18
    Your day is coming soon, conte!
  • snemmy
    Offline / Send Message
    snemmy polycounter lvl 18
    first off, this should be in P&P

second, the site design is TERRIBLE, especially for a home based service company. a wiki for a personal website? wtf? there are plenty of free webspace sites out there, many with good templates to start off with. so it's 3 days old, you chose to show it off before it's done, you should expect harsh criticism.

third, you act like a kid/troll/etc, you get treated like one. and if IIRC, your track record isnt very good. age doesnt matter much online, it's your attitude and maturity level that counts.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Protected
    The following page contains violent images from Grand Theft Auto 3. Discretion is advised.

<u>CONTINUE</u>
  • thefatladysings
    Offline / Send Message
    thefatladysings polycounter lvl 17
    [ QUOTE ]
    Protected
    The following page contains violent images from Grand Theft Auto 3. Discretion is advised.

<u>CONTINUE</u>

[/ QUOTE ]Coming soon!
  • KaosNKorruption
    Offline / Send Message
    KaosNKorruption polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Is everyone here so cynical and pessimistic for a reason, or are all of you just trying to make yourselves look big? i just can't stand any of this. i want to know right now what your problem is. i am the only poster you do this to. is it because i am not over 18? is it because i make you look bad? well?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're 13 (14?) years old in a community populated by primarily adults... Honestly, if you want this community to be remotely impressed or even care, try not to act like such a child. If attention is what you're looking for, I'm sure myspace and its hordes of overly emotional and whiny attention whores will welcome you with open arms...
  • HonkyPunch
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    I don't mean to be harsh, but you should consider leaving polycount.
    Seriously.
    You're not ready.
    I had an account a while back, and I left the website because I was too stupid to use the internets properly.
    So, shoo.
  • Asmuel
    Offline / Send Message
    Asmuel polycounter lvl 17
    Thanks for starting so many cat threads, morrowindsky81993 FTW smile.gif
  • Marine
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    congratulations on getting your site up. i personally would have waited until i had more content before announcing it on a messageboard though.
    the design could use some work, at the moment it looks like you came up with it as you went along. it's best to sketch a handful of ideas out at first, like with anything creative, then pick your favourite, and keep on refining it until you've got a solid design down that you can work from.
  • jgarland
    [ QUOTE ]
    is it because i am not over 18?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm 16. Nobody hates on me. It's because you don't act like you're over 18. When you make a post and ask for advice, you get huffy when people give it to you. You don't take critique for what it's worth (i.e. I'm only 13, don't be too harsh on me). You won't get any better unless you listen to the people trying to help you.

You're eager to make amazing shit, but you're certainly not eager to learn. Suck it up and stop whining, or go back to deviantART where people will shower you with love and kisses.
  • gauss
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Alright kids, I see that my moderating influence has been gone far too long.
    First of all, CheapAlert: seriously, man, you're talking shit to a 13 year old? Apparently on a regular basis? I get just so close to having a better opinion of you and then this sort of thing happens.

Morrowindsky81993: I'm partially convinced that banning you might really be best for you as well as the community, but I'll hold off for now. Please listen to the comments as regarding behavior in the forums--people tend to be treated just about as well as they deserve. Which tells me that you've not been behaving particularly well on the forum.

As it happens, I'm close to finishing an expansion of a guide to crits that I once wrote that now covers the basics of forum life here at polycount. It's going to be required reading for newbies like yourself. So, seeing as how I'm going to need some test subjects, consider yourself on probation. Behave, and you might have a chance to stay here at polycount. But I'm serious about the probation. More snotty remarks or disregarding rules and customs and you're banned. You're lucky I've been gone traveling for most of your time online.

So in a somewhat different outcome, this thread isn't getting closed, and morrowindsky81993 isn't getting banned yet. I guess I'll find out how prudent either choice is soon enough.
  • Bronco
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    *Bows down to the homecoming of master Gauss*.

On a side note,tis a very good idea of yours to do a polycount "forum life" write up,since we are a very close-nit community and there is definatily a certain attitude people must come here and imediatily pick up.

Im curious though how you would impliment the "required reading" phrase....since we all know stickies simply don't work. Would you send out an email/PM to new members or is it possible to impliment another screen into the sign-up process or soemthing?.

Just thinking how you would go about make anyone (particularily thouse under 18) acturally read it.

Nice to have you back though sir,in Moderator form at least. smile.gif

John
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    <div><embed src="http://www.livevideo.com/flvplayer/embed/F59F33097AB049AA8656D66B96C26BE2&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" WIDTH="445" HEIGHT="369" wmode="transparent"></embed>
    Jiggling Cat</div>
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    morrowindsky, don't take this personally but why do you post on this forum? Start modeling or drawing, start creating art and post it for critiques, actually listen to the critiques and learn from them.

The videos you posted are a real pet peave of mine, youtube could be so much better if people weren't making these "music videos". Sometimes I feel like finding a clip from a show or video game cutscenes and I have to wade through 4 pages of this crap.
  • Emil Mujanovic
    Offline / Send Message
    Emil Mujanovic polycounter lvl 18
    The only thing on your site I wanted to see was the comics, yet they are coming soon. So really your site has no purpose for anything other than pimping music over cut up game video. 0/10 for that one.
    The overall site design is really bad. The navigation isn't very clear, but there isn't any content anyway. So why you chose to pimp your site is beyond me. 2/10 for that one.
    The image in top left... lo-res, optimized way too much and it looks like it was scaled up from a smaller image. 0/10 for that one.
    Posting in the wrong section of the forum (P&P like snemmy mentioned) 0/10

Overall Rating 0.8/10

-caseyjones
  • greenj2
    *bounces along with Jiggling Cat* cool.gif
  • Nilium
  • adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    This site is a joke, right? I saw better websites in 1998 that were written by 12 year olds with Warcraft 2 walk-thru's.
  • sonic
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
  • Pedro Amorim
    lol. i live for this shit. laugh.gif
    morrowindssky (whatever your usename is) why did you register at polycount?
    unless you want to do gameart theres no point in being here just to post shhit. seriously
    there are other forums to do that sort of shit

just type on google: forums to troll on
  • Nilium
  • danr
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    noel cower - seriously, i hope you don't post a self-serving thread that you feel is worthwhile but one person doesn't, and decides to derail it with a tedious geek joke.

cos that'd be a bit shit, wouldn't it?
  • Quasar
    Offline / Send Message
    Quasar polycounter lvl 19
    Where to start... laugh.gif

If this site is for your "company", I should be able to tell what your product is within one tenth of a second after looking at the homepage, but I can't. There's absolutely no focus on anything, it's just a mish-mash of random stuff at first glance and I still can't figure it out. And for the love of God...pick a good colour scheme (3-4 colours) and stick with them to unify the site before my brain a-splode. Get rid of the Wiki and the Google ads, hosting is dirt cheap these days.
  • gauss
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    between none-too-charitable appraisals of the site and cat pictures, i think this has run its course.
This discussion has been closed.