Home General Discussion

Crap artist can't get job, whines about it

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thefirston wrote: »
    first off, you are so full of shit dude, no amount bitching an moaning can get you into a studio like that. especially not with a crappy as portfolio like his.
    not only that but have you seen his website lately, he bailed the fuck out.

http://bndesigns.org/default.aspx
    http://site.bmnathanson.com/Portfolio.html

i'll leave that point alone

second what really gets me boiled about brian nathanson is the quote he has on his main page now, "imagination is more important that knowledge." I'm not saying that i don't believe that, what my problem is that he is just using that to hide behind so he doesn't have to work hard, like every other person just LOVES to use that quote

Firstly, clearly you're destined to be a comedic giant. What with your amazing grasp oh sarcastic wit, you will undoubtedly push Conan out of the light night spot light before he has a chance to cement his legacy.

Secondly, what the hell are you doing dragging this back up? Someone dig up Harl so he can pitch a fit.

Thirdly, mtv_movie_awards_matrix_reloaded_parody.jpgConcordantly!
    (Hey, if he can dig up old shit... so can I)
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    In the article, it clearly states that he is pursuing other careers outside the game industry. sadly, in order to find this information, you must be forced to read it.

My ignore list...it grows.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    yeah- Thefirston
    to quote Killingpeople; " don't be that guy "
  • Thefirston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thefirston polycounter lvl 9
    ok ok everyone relax, excuse me if sarcasm doesn't read well in text . . . . . . . or when your hiped up on ripping on brian nathanson
  • Azreality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't usually comment much here as I'm still "feeling" out the turf. This is a topic that is closer to home but I handled in a much different way.

My school (University not art or tech) focused on critical thinking and virtual ideas plus the fine arts. The teachers were lacking in software knowledge and understanding of what it really takes to get hired. Last professor used 3dmax 5 and claims he's worthy of educating students in this field.

I quickly realized that getting "any" job in 3d art either video games or CG, arch Viz, etc would take a lot more work outside of college. What I once thought was awesome work from my senior class soon become sh*t and not worthy of my portfolio. I have become aware of the extra time I need to invest in personal projects to prepare myself for the "real world" and have to sack it up to get it done.

Sure, I can see his desire to scream and cry about not getting where he wants, but I think everyone has potential as long as they honestly try and don't lie to themselves. I took up bartending to pay the bills in the mean time and have become satisified with my slower than normal approach to building my portfolio and personal training. Bottom line, I'm taking the high road to get the knowledge I need to become desireable in the industry... why can't he?

thanks for reading, don't know if it's much insight...

ps. his portfolio site is mia, wonder if it was taken down to hide?
    pps. sorry to bump this thread... I just noticed it and reading it for the first time now *sigh*
  • PixelGoat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelGoat polycounter lvl 12
    ITS ALIVE! (the thread that is)
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Wow. Blast from the past. Thread closed.
This discussion has been closed.