Home Technical Talk

Marmoset toolbag for architectural viz animations?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
I was wondering if marmoset could be used for architectural visualization animations like udk.I understand it is being used mostly for still image renders.

I really don't want to go through the pains of learning a game engine like udk.A realtime renderer like marmoset seems more appropriate.

Replies

• cptSwing
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Not sure what they're cooking up with version 2, but I don't believe Marmoset v1 is flexible enough to do arch viz renders. Setting up even small scenes can be a bit of a pain.
  • Jet_Pilot
    Offline / Send Message
    Jet_Pilot polycounter lvl 10
    You should only be using a game engine if you want to make your stuff interactive. Other wise just use Vray/Mental Ray and per-render out some animated cameras.

Marmoset can't really handle the kind of polys you would be pushing for professional arch viz models. Also its hard to get interiors to look good.
  • melviso
    Offline / Send Message
    So that means it is only useful for character or prop renders. Thanks,udk seems like the best game engine out there.
    Can't wait till unreal engine 4 comes to udk.

Thanks.
  • melviso
    Offline / Send Message
    I have used viewport 2.0 to render out animations from Maya. I don't intend to use marmoset to render heavy scenes. There are some animators who are interested in using realtime renderers to render out animations. I don't intend to make the environment interactive.

This is why I am considering marmoset. Are u saying marmoset 2.0 can't handle a small town scene with textures, shadows and lighting?

Maybe I have to download a trial version and test it out myself.I don't know if anyone has seen the webseries rwby.It's directly rendered from the viewport.I intend to do something like this but with an advanced realtime renderer like marmoset.
  • EarthQuake
    Marmoset Toolbag 2.0 currently does not support animation (with the exception of basic turntable output). Animation is something we plan to put a lot of love into in the future and include as a free update, its a complex feature and we didn't want to throw in half-baked animation support like we had in TB1.

Try the 30 day trial out and let us know what you think, we've got a thread going here: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128766
  • melviso
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, will definitely be checking it out. Looking forward to when animations can be imported into marmoset.