Home General Discussion

ANTVR KIT: All-IN-ONE Universal Virtual Reality Kit

quad damage
Offline / Send Message
littleclaude quad damage
ANTVR KIT: All-IN-ONE Universal Virtual Reality Kit

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/805968217/antvr-kit-all-in-one-universal-virtual-reality-kit?ref=discovery

Crystal clear VR gaming & viewing experience. Universal transformable controller. Plug-and-play. Compatible with all games & movies!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXXcKQZUSWY[/ame]

Replies

• ExcessiveZero
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    just saw the video on this,all looks amazing, seems better than oculus rift if they can deliver only thing im not sure on is the clip on and unclipping of the "grenade" also the controller looks uncomfortable as fuck.
  • The Flying Monk
    Offline / Send Message
    The Flying Monk polycounter lvl 18
    Using wireless for the USB and HDMI is a great idea, and the headset looks pretty good compared to the other systems out there.
    But that controller looks awful. The gun/joystick part looks ok. But using that as a control pad looks uncomfortable and the hinge in the middle looks pretty flimsy.
  • MikeF
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    It looks like a great idea, but i'm skeptical about what they an actually deliver. I have to assume that if oculus, with all the recent funding and awesome staff they've brought on cant do wireless with low enough latency, then these guys certainly cant.

Who knows though, another player in the vr game is a great thing!
  • Gusti
    You know those Playstation Vita (or Playstarton Vito if you will) look-a-like boxes that are intentionally made to look exactly like the real thing but have one or two letters in the name changed.
    Moms and dads buy them because they dont know any better, give them to their kids and it ends up that it is some custom hack job that plays 10 built in games, has wobbly buttons and a blurry screen..

That´s what this thing is.
    Just look at that.. The controller looks silly and unfunctional as hell.
    The Specs are, for someone that has been looking very hard at the Oculus Rift, just so outlandishly laugable that it borderlines on believing if this is just one giant scam!

Even the video if iffy as hell.
    Talking about tracking working on "all platforms" and it supporting just about everything... It simply is not possible to do so in any way, shape or form as a VR setup.

Not to mention that to make motion sickness free 3D VR, with tracking, you CANT use wireless! It simply is not possible with the limitations that are there in both the HDMI standard and in latency.
    Not atleast as things are today.

As a strap on screen, yes.. but as an actual VR setup.. Not even by a remote stretch.

This just screams "rip-off" and "scam" from a mile away.
  • iconoplast
    Offline / Send Message
    iconoplast polycounter lvl 13
    Pfft, I know a genuine Panaphonics when I see it. And look, there's Magnetbox and Sorny!
  • repete
    Offline / Send Message
    repete polycounter lvl 6
    Imax quality VR

bullshit :poly131: