Home General Discussion

Final Fantasy III - Anyone get it?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
It's all sold out everywhere I go and I just checked Gamestop.com only to find its backordered!

http://ds.ign.com/objects/707/707320.html

If anyone got it, how is it?

- BoBo

Replies

• eepberries
    Offline / Send Message
    eepberries polycounter lvl 18
    I just got it a few days ago. I'm about 6 hours into and it's pretty fun so far. I don't really like the mana system that much though.
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Im about 7 or 8 hours in and Im loving it. Been playing it tons since I got it. You can't really expect it to be as complicated a story and characters as the newer final fantasies, but its still very fun. Art is pretty kickass as well.
  • nitzmoff
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    3d graphics and a few tweaks aside, it is the exact same game as the original Famicom one. Thus as mentioned before there is almost no story or interesting characters and the gameplay is very straightforward. All the same it is a neat little portable rpg with some really nicely stylized graphics (though a good half of the enemies could have used a little more in the style dept).

Basically if you're a big fan of any of the recent FF's, you'll feel as though this one is a step down in the gameplay dept. But like most any FF it is still entertaining a a worthy portable game. I just think this one is going to be better, even with it being a gba game:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/finalfantasyviadvance/index.html?q=final%20fantasy%20vi
  • KaosNKorruption
    Offline / Send Message
    KaosNKorruption polycounter lvl 18
    I bought it the day it came in at my workplace. I'm only about 7 hours in and very thoroughly enjoying so far, The only thing that I don't really like is the amount of grinding you have to do between areas. But then, it may just be me trying to fly through the game too quickly. smile.gif
  • Wahlgren
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    Hasn´t been released in europe yet. We get bitchslapped once more smile.gif

Don´t know if the DS is region-free but still. Easier to order it from somewhere in europe than the us. Alot cheaper anyway smile.gif
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    OH EM GEE.

I must have been under a rock. I had no idea of this game existing. I have to get it.
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    The DS is region Free. i know people who have had it for weeks and love it.
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    gonna get this and mana on ebay now.

strangely, here in Japan Mana is $25 and FF3 is $50

Not sure how they work that out, both are RPG's and both will last me ages gameplay wise.
  • seantree
    Offline / Send Message
    seantree polycounter lvl 18
    I'm about 28 hours in with a lvl 99 Thief, a Magus, Sage, and one Black Belt. Thief is 99 due to using it throughout the entire game. I use the very first cave to lvl jobs. Just use commands that do no damage to the enemies i.e. guard or steal and usually 6 actions per fight will get you a job lvl. The game seems kind of broken actually. My thief is doing Quad 9's in damage with only being character lvl 41. The BB also does massive damage after 2 boosts so its kind of making the end game too easy. My only gripe is the fact that the game is vey vague on where you need to head to next. Perhaps it's just because it's an old title or maybe, just maybe I'm too used to the newer FF's holding your hand and leading you through the game. Anyway, it's well worth the 35 bucks.
  • Michael Knubben
    There's a new ff title coming for ds as well though, isn't there? as well as a new tactics advance (made for ds)?
    And if i'm not mistaken a new crystal chronicles as well, for four players over wifi.

Mind you, i've not seen any proof of the new tactics advance, but then again i haven't really gone looking.
  • seantree
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, FFXII revenant wings for the DS. FFTA2 was announced as part of the "Ivalice Connection" along with a FFT rehash for the PSP with the Onion Knight job from FF3 in it. I really didn't want to buy a PSP but with FFT and Crisis Core coming I guess I have to :/
  • Penzer
    Offline / Send Message
    Penzer polycounter lvl 17
    I got it a couple days after launch, no preorder and no problems getting it. Just walked into an eb an bought it. I agree with seantree on the broken parts of the game though, my blackmage is worthless and underpowered.
  • Michael Knubben
    Sold out at all the local import-shops. Apparantly they sold out within hours of getting it, as the comicbookstore-guy behind the counter told me.
  • Peris
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    I've been playing FFIII for a couple of hours, I really like how they did the environments smile.gif, it's often hard to tell where a polygon starts and ends and where they used sprites. They did an amazing job considering the ds's limitations! The character's look is really ofputting for me though.

It's great they made it fully playable with only the stylus, you dont get sour hands as fast as i do with other ds games this way smile.gif.
  • nitzmoff
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Children of Mana is supposed to be terrible hawken. Might want to save your money on that one.
  • seantree
    Offline / Send Message
    heard the DS mana is okay, but the new PS2 release is terrible. That's really sad as I love the visuals in the new PS2 release. Actually gonna finish FFIII and get into mana, then magical starsign.
  • Mishra
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    i got it a little bit ago, no problems finding it but the 40 dollar price tag peeved me a bit. its quite fun, but too often am i in a dungeon and fight the same pair of enemies four hundred times before i get to the end of the room.
  • Slum
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    Wee. Bought this tonight. Only a few minutes into it, though. So far its cool!
  • Zcubed
    Offline / Send Message
    Zcubed polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I just think this one is going to be better, even with it being a gba game:

http://www.gamespot.com/gba/rpg/finalfantasyviadvance/index.html?q=final%20fantasy%20vi

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, yes! That was my favorite FF game. I haven't touched by GBA SP in months, but I might pick that up when it comes out.
  • steady
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    I got this game around the time it came out and was absolutely addicted to it, awesome lopoly graphics, and a cute and fun game to pass the time. beat it and was sad afterwards, need MOAR!!! highly recommend it!
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Just got it... so we can send mail to other players?
    Here's my connection ID
    5526-7141-9640-9000

should we have a DS ID thread like the gamertag one?
  • KaosNKorruption
    Offline / Send Message
    KaosNKorruption polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Just got it... so we can send mail to other players?
    Here's my connection ID
    5526-7141-9640-9000

should we have a DS ID thread like the gamertag one?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got to post your Friend code, which you can view by talking to any mog in the towns.

btw mine is:
  • hawken
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    Children of Mana is supposed to be terrible hawken. Might want to save your money on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

too late!!