Home Unity

Help with Cloth 4.6.1.f1

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
Hey Guys

Haven't posted here much/before but I could use some help, so I figured I'd jump in.

I'm working on a new project in Unity, full animation set with a character that has several cloth assets on the body. Nothing too intense, just strands that come off the forearms, and I'm trying to figure out which cloth setup would be the best for real-time performance, and how I would go about even getting started.

If I'm not mistaken (which I totally could be), it seems that Skinned Cloth might be the way to go on animating characters. I've looked over a handful of tutorials, specially on Skinned Cloth, and they all basically say "Oh It's Super Easy" or direct back to the Unity manual page on the subject.

Past this, it's my understanding that you define the limits of the cloth by painting the verts in the window, but it seems like the paint-brush tool is pretty un-intuitive and that's pretty much where I get lost.

Are there any decent tutorials, or places you might recommend that I start researching on achieving good looking cloth in Unity? I've tried my google-fu as much as possible, and nothing is really coming up with

"How Cloth Works, and Why you should do it this way"

Thanks guys, any help is good help. I don't mind putting in leg work, I just need to know which direction to run in.

Replies