Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critiques and Suggestions on my 3D Modeling

Hey Everyone! :)

My name is Yolanda. I am a Media Arts and Animation student. I'm currently working on my portfolio and would like to get some feedback on what I have created so far. I that know my work still as a long way to go. So, please feel free to leave me suggestions, critiques, links to tutorials and whatever else you feel is necessary. I would really appreciate all of it.

Thank you for checking my stuff out!

Replies

• Fisty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fisty polycounter lvl 8
    Your chair looks like its going through the table. idk if that 2 dif objects or what i don't have my glasses on ;) and your car looks to shiny.
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    Can you mention what programs you're using and if they're real time or offline renders?
  • Ervin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ervin polycounter lvl 7
    You're definitely on the right track. All of these renders look to me like you were aiming for a certain result and had achieved it, which is what matters for a beginner.

first picture: Models look nice and it looks like you put effort into the scene, but it really lacks proper textures.

my biggest problem with the second one is that the whole scene is poorly lit, the heavy shadows make it impossible to make out any details, so you should add at least one more light. Over all it's pretty simple. Also the chair is going through table for some reason.

third: The model is nice, but everything else (textures, lighting ect) is lacking. This appears to be the major problem with your work so far, the models are the only strength they have, and that's less than half the work.

What exactly does the school program you're taking involve? I don't see 3D in the title, is it something everybody is learning or just you in particular? And what software do you use? I did 3 semesters in 3D animation and in just our 3dsmax class we learned about the basic map types (including baking normals), mental ray, and basic lighting by the beginning of the second semester. What I'm saying is that there isn't much value in churning out a bunch of random models without learning everything else.