Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio feedback

Hi,
I have been working as the single artist for a mobile games company for some years and have now put together a portfolio with all the work I have done.

Feedback appreciated :)

http://www.zilk.carbonmade.com

Replies

• CarlK3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
    I think its a good idea to have your own domain name first of all, easier to remember, give to others and it just looks more professional but your work speaks for itself so you might not have to.

All your work looks great. I see mainly 2D Work and some 3D in the basketball game
    Your folio seems best suited to 2D & Mobile its nice to see something different.
  • Nosslak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nosslak polycounter lvl 12
    I think the portfolio itself and the work contained therein looks great, however you did commit the biggest sin any portfolio can make, namely disable saving images to the HDD. If you want a slideshow style presentation I'd try to go with a javascript version or something where images can still be saved easily. I wouldn't use a slideshow for the portfolio at all though (often times too slow to browse, not so much in this case) and just go with regular straight up images without any extra fuss.
  • waldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks!

Sadly carbonmade doesn't seem to support saving to drive. It sucks but I really don't have the time to set up a own domain just now, anyone have any other suggestions similar to carbonmade where pictures can be saved? The portfolio is aimed for 2D/3D Mobile and not AAA.
  • CarlK3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CarlK3D polycounter lvl 7
    Well there's plenty of different services that you can get the same result from, I just saw Dropr looks good but my fav is wix allows for complete customization
  • waldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! Wix looked a hell of a lot better, will setup the portfolio there instead and post when I'm done.
  • billymcguffin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    billymcguffin polycounter lvl 11
    Make sure to put your name and contact info prominently at the top of every page.
  • waldo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doesn't seem to be able to add a image gallery to Wix where images can be saved either. Shame, was awesome otherwise.