Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

ElemenTerra: Virtual Reality Team at USC Looking to Expand Art Team

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
camillekay polycounter lvl 9
Hello, Polycount!
I'm Camille, the Art Director on ElemenTerra VR. You can reach me at camille@ElemenTerraVR.com for general inquiries (or just to say hi), and at Art@ElemenTerraVR.com to apply for the art team.

ElemenTerra is a fully-immersive, virtual reality world-building sandbox game in production at USC.

We're looking to collaborate with artists skilled in:
- 3D Modeling
- UV Mapping/Texturing
- Rigging
- 3D Animation
- 2D Animation

ElemenTerra offers a magically unique gaming experience centered around creation, exploration, and contemplation.

It's a thesis-level project that is expanding into the early stages of a potential start-up. We've officially been in production with our team of 35 for about 6 months, but pre-production started a year ago. Although we've got a sizable team, we have a lot to do between now and May 2015 (our public Demo date) - We're in need of artists to hit that deadline with as much content and polish as possible.

The game itself: The player is transformed into a young nature spirit with the power to create and grow life on a barren planet. With highly-accurate motion controls, the player is capable of shaping the terrain into fantastic structures. Native user interfaces make filling the planet with plant and animal life seamless and elegant. A VR headset allows for 360˚ immersion in the 3D digital space. By March, we are on track to obtain hardware that translates physical walking into traversal within the game - including flight.

To see more, please check out our Facebook page - we have concept art, articles, reviews, videos, photos, and the like posted.

If you'd like to be a part of one of the largest independent VR game teams (or simply have questions about it), please send an email to Art@ElemenTerraVR.com

PS - We'll be in need of playtesters in the LA area. Hit me up at camille@elementerravr.com if you would like to participate!

10955333_1587681488134217_2349205907536898947_o.jpg

Replies