Homeโ€บ Quixel Megascans

Support

Replies

• Meloncov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meloncov greentooth
    So either I'm doing something wrong or the UE4 export callibration is off for roughness.

Here's my mesh in 3Do:

EicCLEb.jpg

And here it is in Unreal:

4zYXJot.jpg
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge: Ah, sorry for not mentioning. This is a patch so simply install it into the current install location without uninstalling the previous version. Updated the original post with this information too for clarity.

Leto: You can unlink material IDs in Dynamask by unchecking the Material ID checkbox at the very top. Let me know if this did the trick!

pxlntwrk: Do you get this issue only with Vectors/Paths or with any kind of layer in NDO? Thank you for the report!

- Teddy
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
    Thank you Teddy, and the registration thing is much better.

I have a question about the ork skin shader. If I wanted to bring that gloss/shine down, what mask would I go into and edit? I would like to bring in some detailed skin crevice type stuff and I am having a tough time finding the appropriate mask to edit.
  • LittleCatMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm having an issue with dDo not saving Smart Materials correctly.

I combined about 5-6 different materials to create a stylized metal preset. To save, I clicked the small icon in the top-right of dDo's window, and selected "Save Smart Material from Selected..."

dDo takes a few moments, and then informs me that I have successfully saved the preset.

When I try to use the preset in a new project, only the Albedo is filled out entirely. In all other maps, their materials seem to be missing with the exception of the top-most Material in the group.

EDIT: Original issue was with 1.4. Upgraded to 1.5 hoping it might've been fixed there, but there seems to be no difference. Same problem when saving the material using the "Save a Smart Material" button.
  • pxlntwrk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Teddy, thnx for answer,

Its happend with all kind of layer in NDO.

I unable to see and use this (layer editing mode)

fetch.php?media=brushstandard.jpg

mine is like this (ever empty)
    r50m.png
  • pxlntwrk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And just for info, the java version provided with the suite is "obsolet"...
  • Dancuka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dancuka polycounter lvl 3
    Miroxs wrote: ยป
    Hi Guys,

I have bigg problem wit 3do,in update 1.5:
    Vyacutest1590i17E0ek_zps85804b5b.png

When i made project with ddo with someone model, i see this guggy shere..:(
    I reinstal PC and problem persisted.
    I have never this probl
  • Grusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Grusti polycounter lvl 10
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pxlntwrk was kind enough to let me debug his issue more thoroughly, and we can conclude it is a problem with Photoshop not being English. For anyone experiencing similar issues with NDO, make sure the English version of Photoshop is installed as this should fix the issue.

Meloncov: Something seems to have broken for sure. Are you importing your Roughness map as Linear or sRGB in UE4? DDO outputs them as sRGB by default since this is the default UE4 import flag, maybe that's where the issue lies?

Dancuka & Miroxs: Very strange, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you post a screenshot of your previewer folder in explorer (the one in your Project folder containing textures and the mesh), as well as the path to the folder? Looking forward to sorting this out immediately.

ajherzog1234: Sorry about the confusion -- as of 1.5 3DO has traded PNG support for TGA support for performance reasons.

IlyaIvanovArt: Thanks for the report! This has now been fixed. Sorry about that.

LittleCatMan: Much appreciated report. Would you mind sending a screenshot of the expanded group (in the PSD layer stack) before saving it as a smart material, and how the new group looks after loading the saved Smart Material?

- Teddy
  • calintz9999
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    calintz9999 polycounter lvl 6
    @alphamix,skydesign & sythen > quixel crashing upon launching or when clickin on ddo, 3do or ndo

You guys should check that your antivirus is not running some sort of live scan (it was mcshield for me).

This really jams the link between pshop and the suite, first symptoms of this problem are :
    - When you launch quixel suite, quixel and pshop both start but the quixel bar hides behind pshop >> Now that's a bad sign , it should normally be in front of pshop .
    - At this point, if you try to launch ndo,3do or ddo from the quixel bar. It lags and nothing happens, the quixel bar freezes and you have to end it in the task manager to get rid of it.

In any case, you should go have a look at config panel > admin tools > event viewer > applications, there you should see if you get an error when launching quixel.

As well a tool that might help you guys tracking the error is ProcMon from the
    sys internal suitepackage.(use google to find it).

Anyway best of luck and see you guys around !
  • Sythen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sythen polycounter lvl 10
    @alphamix,skydesign & sythen > quixel crashing upon launching or when clickin on ddo, 3do or ndo

You guys should check that your antivirus is not running some sort of live scan (it was mcshield for me).

This really jams the link between pshop and the suite, first symptoms of this problem are :
    - When you launch quixel suite, quixel and pshop both start but the quixel bar hides behind pshop >> Now that's a bad sign , it should normally be in front of pshop .
    - At this point, if you try to launch ndo,3do or ddo from the quixel bar. It lags and nothing happens, the quixel bar freezes and you have to end it in the task manager to get rid of it.

In any case, you should go have a look at config panel > admin tools > event viewer > applications, there you should see if you get an error when launching quixel.

As well a tool that might help you guys tracking the error is ProcMon from the
    sys internal suitepackage.(use google to find it).

Anyway best of luck and see you guys around !

I was on with Teddy there yesterday, and after a few different versions he sent to me he managed to fix it completely. I'm now a happy Quixel user again, thanks Teddy! :D
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    Is it possible to get a direct link to the 1.6 update that just went live? The admin rights on our PCs at work are a nightmare to deal with especially when trying to run the update through the program itself.
  • PilotPirx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I v got the same problem (Dancuka & Miroxs), also there is no material preview on cube, sphere or plane too
  • Miroxs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Miroxs null
    Hi Teddy :)

Here for you my project generated with ddo.. just from mesh and color map (becaus size)

http://leteckaposta.cz/583359578

Thanks for support :)
  • fayesmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fayesmith polycounter lvl 7
    I had the same freezing problem, where the suite starts behind photoshop, but I couldn't get it to run even once with the new version. Tried the troubleshooting guide, but nothing helped. Double checked I was using 64 bit with both.

I've noticed that even though the suite opens, most of the time it doesnt appear in my windows taskbar as an open application. Admin rights changed nothing either.

I'm having this same problem, updated to 1.6 now it opens behind Photoshop and won't do anything. Doesn't show on the Taskbar; and when I get the Task Manager up it shows:

SUITE
    AlertWindow
    Thinking...

I have 64-bit, and CS6.
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    Can we transfer our license from the previous DDO over to the new one now? I got the license from GDC, but it's not showing up on my profile on the site.

(Sorry to bring this topic back up, I remember seeing threads about this same question, but now that it's out of beta, I'd like to get everything set up with my license)
  • Meloncov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Meloncov greentooth
    Meloncov: Something seems to have broken for sure. Are you importing your Roughness map as Linear or sRGB in UE4? DDO outputs them as sRGB by default since this is the default UE4 import flag, maybe that's where the issue lies?

Thanks. I had been importing them using sRGB, but when I imported them as linear it was much more accurate. Maybe something broke with the exporter and it started exporting linear maps with the UE4 preset? Couple other people (who made their own thread) seem to be having the same problem.
  • LittleCatMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LittleCatMan: Much appreciated report. Would you mind sending a screenshot of the expanded group (in the PSD layer stack) before saving it as a smart material, and how the new group looks after loading the saved Smart Material?

Sure thing. Here's a 4 image gallery showing the Albedo and Spec pre-export and post-export:

http://imgur.com/a/rVtVU

Pre-export, all the layers are present. Post export, this is the case only for the Albedo document, but everything else has only the first layer.

Looking over the layers in Photoshop, I've got a hunch it might not like my folders-inside-folders setup? I'll simplify the layer structure real' quick and save the Smart Material again to see if that changes anything.

UPDATE: So, it looks like one of two things happened: Either I was right, and cleaning up the folders and putting everything into only 1 folder seemed to do the trick. Or updating to 1.6 before starting my tests did. Not exactly sound science going on in my tests at the moment, but I'll try saving the Smart Material again with nested groups.

UPDATE2: Yeah. Tried it again with nested groups and it's having issues again. Far as I can tell that's the problem. So, for now, I'll make a point to avoid groups-on-groups. Hope this helps finding a fix, or at least as a work-around for now!
  • Joel F
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there

I tried searching, so if this been answered, i am terrible sorry.

My quixel suite or rather 3DO started to bug out during 1.4 version, out of nowwhere, everything worked as it was supposed to, then working on a project for UE 4. My 3DO stopped displaying textures. I can see the mesh, but it is just a white mesh without any kind of textures. I tried different models and also went back too models that worked before, no luck at all. Oh, there error still exist through a reinstall of 1.4. 1.5 and now even in the commercial version of 1.6.

Thank you for any advise on this.
  • Mike_Carlyle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike_Carlyle polycounter lvl 17
    I updated to 1.6 (from 1.4) today and I'm also having an issue with 3DO. Similar to Joel F
  • Tiberius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tiberius polycounter lvl 5
    So I have searched for this error but failed in the process. Even the troubleshoot had no solutions to the issue. I bought the Quixel SUITE academic license and all was well until I updated to the 1.5 and 1.6 versions. Now Quixel is telling me I have a 30 day trial and limitations compared to the recent updates.

The main problem I assume is a needed serial number(Where the program prompts me to insert the number or try for 30 days), in which I have no idea where to find. Is the Quixel SUITE package I purchased now invalid with the recent updates or am I missing something? If it's only the serial number I need, then could someone direct me on how to find it?

Thank you!
  • AlphaMix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I do not own an aintivirus other than windows Defender which is already in windows by default. Anyway, I had already attemped to fix the issue by disabling it, cus ya never know! but the problem persisted.

I will download Suite 1.6 and see if if it fixes anything, else, imma add you Tedds.

Edit:
    1.6 still doesn't run for me :(
  • CKohl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CKohl polycounter lvl 10
    1.6 still has a white-text-on-white-background window for registering NDO.

DDO has been fixed though, it has legible white text on a blue background. :)
  • Walkion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Walkion polycounter lvl 4
    I have the same problem! The 3DO wont load custom mesh and the textures will not export to 3DO no matter what. All the preview-meshes shade like that sphere and don't show textures. This is after the update. I tried installing the whole package again to a different location but it didn't help. Photoshop CS5

I also have the same issue and it seems its not occuring on all my meshes. Its very weird because there is no particular setup on those which doesn't work. I have a base albedo and a color map but i just can't load any custom mesh on 3DO and if i try to edit materials nevertheless, either it just crash with the COM error , or it does nothing. Only times i could get DDO and 3DO works is when i have a simple LOW mesh and a Base albedo with no color maps. Is it related? I'll try to find out.
  • Fridock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fridock polycounter lvl 11
    Having some issues with 1.6 aswell, it makes photoshop or 3do eat all the available ram memory available on my pc (8 gbts) and crashing my PC as a result (this happens usually when working with Masks in ddo)
  • Daedalus51
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daedalus51 polycounter lvl 5
    This might be the wrong place, but I was wondering why you have textures from CG Textures in the Megascan library that came with the latest update?

Feels a bit weird to me and looks noticably worse quality wise ;)

Shot from dDO:
    ysFDa1.jpg

Link to the Texture from CG Textures:
    http://cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=14181&PHPSESSID=vs5ivfips2lop0vp5o6fhj1no4
  • Wenceslas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys.

I'm Post #1102
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2158343&postcount=1102

I'm still experiencing the same issue,
    Whenf I make a normal in NDO, and try to convert it to an Hard Surface height map,
    I have an error saying my PS version is not valid.

62rmspS.png

Seeing the "keynote" from 1.6 saying "full support for all PS version" I had hoped it was patched/corrected.

Anyone has an idea ?
    A friend of mine has the same problem, while some others have not yet experienced this issue.
  • Pawel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, i have the same problem as Wenceslas, when i start new project in DDO, import mesh and maps and click on DONE, DDO begin make bases for maps, but when program make specular map, this error is show for min. 20x times....Any advices ?

PS CS6, win 7

ddo_error.jpg?dl=0
  • jasong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jasong polycounter lvl 10
    Many thanks for your effort. I really appreciate it.
    I installed the new version and it worked...for a moment.
    But after computer restart its the same problem as before, the
    bar freezed instantly. That is really too bad, i was delighted
    to work with this fantastic tool finally... :(

I still hope :icon15:

Same thing here. I finally got the Suite to run, but it would only work when initially installing the patch from a few days ago when it asks to be registered. Closing the program and opening up again works fine.

However, if I restart my computer the Suite goes back to locking up when I try to open Ndo, Ddo, or 3do.

Perhaps there's something in the way the Suite communicates with PS that's different when the patch is installed initially? Iย’ve tried uninstalling and retracing my steps, as well as using 1.6, but I canย’t replicate the success and the Suite doesn't ask me to register anymore even though I've reset my licenses on the website. Also tried the solutions on the troubleshooting page, but still nothing.
  • yeluis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeluis polycounter lvl 17
    I found that running the quixel launch icon and photoshop as admin helped resolve alot of the crashes when initializing ddo on CS5 and CS6
  • Psychotic_Mike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psychotic_Mike polycounter lvl 11
    hey guys, I just bought the Quixel Suite and was wondering if there are any any workflows/ tutorials for unreal 4???
  • rls76
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With the latest update Color picker is no longer working, or is very well hidden. Textures are not loading on the mesh in 3DO just shows a high reflection material like chrome. Quixel load graphic/animation still will stay on screen and stay stuck at 20% even though its done loading, runtime errors, force refresh on 3DO viewer can cause PS to crash (seems that doing almost anything while using dDo will cause it or PS to crash). On both PS6 and CC. I will say one thing it is a lot faster now.

Errors upon trying to use reimporter
    ddo_error.PNG?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/00p3k5jl4q1qknf/ddo_error.PNG?dl=0

As well as invisibile alert windows that only show up by alt-tabbing and cant be clicked on or dismissed resulting in a forced closure

ddo_error.PNG?dl=0
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    This might be the wrong place, but I was wondering why you have textures from CG Textures in the Megascan library that came with the latest update?

Feels a bit weird to me and looks noticably worse quality wise ;)

Shot from dDO:
    ysFDa1.jpg

Link to the Texture from CG Textures:
    http://cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=14181&PHPSESSID=vs5ivfips2lop0vp5o6fhj1no4

Yeah, that's kind of weird, huh?

I mean, I think it looks fine. But seems like it could potentially detract from the PBR aspects of it, at least compared with Megascans.
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    We've been having issues since upgrading to 1.6 with people who had entered their keys (before the beta was extended. If we try to run nDo or dDo it looks and we have to force close the program. 3DO gets about halfway through launching and it just hangs, forcing us to close it as well. If we roll back to v1.4 it seems to work again. Uninstalling and reinstalling has no effect. Is there some issue with the registry or something that Quixel leaves behind that could be messing with these peoples user accounts?

For the people who did not put their license data in, the upgrade to 1.6 seems to work fine but half of our artists are in limbo. This is becoming extremely frustrating. =/

edit - We're all on Windows 8 and using Photoshop CC
  • kirinma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I have searched for this error but failed in the process. Even the troubleshoot had no solutions to the issue. I bought the Quixel SUITE academic license and all was well until I updated to the 1.5 and 1.6 versions. Now Quixel is telling me I have a 30 day trial and limitations compared to the recent updates.

The main problem I assume is a needed serial number(Where the program prompts me to insert the number or try for 30 days), in which I have no idea where to find. Is the Quixel SUITE package I purchased now invalid with the recent updates or am I missing something? If it's only the serial number I need, then could someone direct me on how to find it?

Thank you!

I have the same issue here. I made my Suite: Hobby purchase before the Beta. I received 2 separate emails with license numbers and download links for each software. But I never had a Serial number sent to me. I entered the License number where it ask for a serial number hoping it'd work but it doesn't. Please assist!

Thank you.

UPDATE: I did find the solution...sorta. We'd need to contact their support team. ( support@quixel.se ) I just emailed them with my order information and I'm waiting to see if i will get new information for upgrading. Below is the link the Teddy's reply. Look for Raptor_Arts. He had the same issue and first to report.
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135743&page=5
  • kirinma
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the program running and cant get the custom mesh to import. Well it imports but is just blank :S

I'm not sure if you got this resolved yet, but I had the same problem.

Here's the fix. Your custom mesh has to be exported from the origin. (0,0) I also had a problem where I couldn't move/rotate/pan my mesh with my pen/tablet, but I could do it with my mouse.

I hope this helps.
  • Fansub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fansub sublime tool
    Just updated the Quixel Suite to 1.6,and everything seems to be working really fine,the overall tool have gained some important speed improvements,though there still are some problems,and one of them is really annoying :

1413925118-capture.jpg

I can't seem to find how o avoid these seams issues,don't know if there is already a solution but actually many of my textures are having his problem :(

Also,when i use many times he C+Shift command to select my materials from 3DO,it becomes obsolete (no action is played) after a few times.

Thanks in advance for the responses :)
  • XemnasKH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but I was looking at the features for 1.6 and it says that there is now 16k support. Now does that mean texture map size can be 16k. If thats the case why would you need a map that size.
  • Grusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ndo2, Photoshop CC
    uSp0Xd8.png
  • Grusti
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Little bug for you guys!
    7hv9h0M.jpg
    Photoshop CC, Suite 1.6 and I saw this bug in 1.5 too
    Problem: Hold "ALT+V" key for copying shape, we see angry pink line that show us how far we move our shape, after that release key and ndo grab this pink line and turn that to normal line.
    (excuse me if I make grammatical errors)
  • Kosai106
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kosai106 polycounter lvl 13
    This issue is still, well, an issue.

Adobe Photoshop CC 2014.2.1 x64
    Quixel SUITE 1.6 x64

d17baed21b.png
  • Smoluck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Smoluck polycounter lvl 7
    Hello Quixel Team.

Thanks for this Final Release.
    But how i can register... There is no information about what i need to fill in the blank space ^^

it appears like that when i launch nDo at the first 1.6 start.

RegisterQS.gif
  • DENISKOs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnimokPNG_8585586_14381497.png Help. Adobe photoshop CS6. Quixel SUITE 1.6
  • DENISKOs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnimokPNG_8585586_14381497.png Help. Adobe photoshop CS6. Quixel SUITE 1.6
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    Wow, what the hell... Updating to 1.6 went fine, extending my trial went fine, opening my test project went fine. Opening 3DO however, caused a bluescreen pretty much instantly. Not sure if I want to try that again... ๐Ÿ˜•

Edit: Opened fine when I tried again. But you might want to look into that. :p
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    Updated the Suite to 1.6 at work. Suite opens fine, once I click on dDo or nDo it freezes. Cant even get the registration window to open.
  • Sersch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sersch polycounter lvl 4
    I can't load any custom meshes since 1.6 and the default primitives don't show any material. Whatever mesh I load, the viewer stays empty. It doesn't matter wether I try loading my mesh via the Reimport Mesh botton, the Custom 3DO Loader or when creating a new project.

When I've loaded a DDO project and close Photoshop without closing the Suite first, the suite crashes. I can't close the dialog with the OK button or even move the window, it seems the crash notification freezes so I have to manually kill the suite.exe via the taskmanager.

EDIT: I'm using CS4 11.0.2
  • tach
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Every time I update the client I get the registering prompt. It's really annoying having to re-register things with every update. Is this intentional or maybe there's something wrong with my installation?
  • Digital Cantina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Digital Cantina polycounter lvl 11
    Hey Guys,

Having a bit of trouble registering DDO. NDO Registered with the suite key just fine but DDO wont accept the key. Any help?
  • Lithonium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I updated to 1.6 from 1.4. It installed and opens up fine and registered but when I click on dDo or nDo it freezes and sometimes comes up with this error message and constantly repeats like a pop up ad after clicking ok.
    Windows 7. PS CC2014
    mpr28br
This discussion has been closed.