Home Dota 2

Dim and Co. Concepts

Hey there Polycount users,

i am quit new here, so please excuse me if i do something wrong.
I made this thread to recieve feedback on concepts i work on with friends of mine.
Please feel free to voice your concerns or suggestions regarding our work that's what this thread was made for :)

What we're working on at the moment :
An Alchemist Set

b9a58c194f.jpg

( Please ignore the instruments, we already scrapped this idea ^^ )

Replies

• Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Interesting set. I'm working on Alchemist myself right now.

Be aware of a few things. Some of the slots have a VERY tight budget. Bracers have a very small texture so two different ones may be tough (I did two but they share the same bottom half).
    The shoulder is very tight on polys and tex (the original is one tiny little bottle cloned 3 times) so I doubt you'll get that giant pauldron and straps included.

(not trying to be a naysayer but those two slots are rough and straps around the body can eat up a lot of tris).

And the weapon slot (swords) is two clones so texture is easy but polycount is tight.It also includes any type of sheath you may use. I decided to skip the sheath.

Good luck, looking forward to see it progress.
  • _Dim_
    Baddcog wrote: »
    Interesting set. I'm working on Alchemist myself right now.

Be aware of a few things. Some of the slots have a VERY tight budget. Bracers have a very small texture so two different ones may be tough (I did two but they share the same bottom half).
    The shoulder is very tight on polys and tex (the original is one tiny little bottle cloned 3 times) so I doubt you'll get that giant pauldron and straps included.

(not trying to be a naysayer but those two slots are rough and straps around the body can eat up a lot of tris).

And the weapon slot (swords) is two clones so texture is easy but polycount is tight.It also includes any type of sheath you may use. I decided to skip the sheath.

Good luck, looking forward to see it progress.

Thanks for your kind advice !

It really is helpful, keeping in mind that we really know very little about Poly limitations and other modeling focused matters.

We will definitly put your concerns and suggestions to good use :)
  • _Dim_
    A quick update on the concept,
    we finalized the Goblin part and are now moving over to the Ogres pauldrons.
    Following the voiced concerns we decided to scrap the idea of asymmetry and go with mirrored sides.
    They are a bit to huge atm, maybe we`ll change that.

9c13acaa1a.jpg

As always, we are open for suggestions and opinions.
    Oh and thanks for stopping by :)
  • _Dim_
    We tried to go in a different direction with the ogre outfit this time,
    more like some sort of expensive sellsword for the goblin.

fa6a5b043b.jpg